This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Issue with Homey for DOS

I am trying to delete a z-wave device (Aeotec Sirene) in Homey for MS-DOS but all the time I get an error message. Please HELP! 

Comments

• Did you send a log to Athom so they can check what's going wrong?
    Probably still some bugs in v1.0  :/
  • larsmachielslarsmachiels Member
    edited March 2018
    Fire69 said:
    Did you send a log to Athom so they can check what's going wrong?
    Probably still some bugs in v1.0  :/
    I sent an error log floppy to Homey by mail but so far no answer. Hopefully the relatively old floppy (1990) was still readable.
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Did you draw this in PCPaint? Brilliant!

As for the issue, Z-Wave wasn't invented when MS-DOS was around so we cannot give you any support, unfortunately.
  • I only need a driver for my RFxCom... rest is working like a charm :)
  • rickprickp Member
    If the delete fails like this most of the time you need to add the device again before you can retry to delete it. Even if it is already in the device list you still need to re-add it before you can re-delete it!

Should be fixed soon.
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited March 2018
    Perhaps try under CP/M?

You might need to find the correct z-wave driver. Those days it was called New Wave. Perhaps also try The Fixx.

Good luck! 
  • I know a guy who has automated his whole house using self soldered devices and an old PC running MS-DOS. The home automation software is written in GW-BASIC. Didn't talk to him for while, he already had this running in the late ninentees, not sure if he exchanged (parts of it) in the meantime. Don't think so, because it was all wired, so very fast and reliable.
  • NoClaimNoClaim Member
    edited March 2018
    I think this addition to the 'standard' homey is great. My house is pretty new/modern, but I have an old barn from the early nighties.... Homey for MS-DOS could help me automate this barn aswell....

Only issue I'm facing since this afternoon: 'invalid MS-DOS function' each time I start a flow. Am I the only one??
  • rvnrvn Member
    I see a problem with my 8086 machine. Will the program be available on 5 1/4 inch or even better 8-inch floppy disks?
  • xAPPOxAPPO Member
    edited April 2018
    Do you have more than 65535 devices ?.. if so see GitHub issue #65536 .. 16 bit problem
    Est fix date >> soon

I assume you tried moving the device closer to the speaker, standing on one leg and holding it upside down ?

BTW not the Homey, that does something else (see page 10 of the concise user manual)

• 640 devices  ought to be enough for anybody....
  • rickp said:
    If the delete fails like this most of the time you need to add the device again before you can retry to delete it. Even if it is already in the device list you still need to re-add it before you can re-delete it!

Should be fixed soon.
    Fixed! I just re-added the same device (thanks Rick!) after which I could delete both of them. Finally i did a thorough STS (Shake the Sphere) and added the Z-wave device again. Now everything is working perfectly fine. Great addition to the already very versatile Homey system!
  • While some have it allready running still struggling to get the 4 GB ram available on DOS ....
    QEMM, HighMem... config.sys.
    anyone who knows if it can be with emm expanded memory?

• Did you check the bios? For bios access,  you need to press all 3 Homey feet whilst soft booting! 
  • Emile said:
    Did you draw this in PCPaint? Brilliant!

As for the issue, Z-Wave wasn't invented when MS-DOS was around so we cannot give you any support, unfortunately.
    I would not have the patience for PCPaint. It took me 10 minutes in Harbour (xBase replacement for dBase/Clipper). I am still programming in Clipper/Harbour on a daily base for an International company.