This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official Zigbee SDK2

[App] Xiaomi-mi ZigBee - Main discussion topic (v0.4.1)

Comments

• vaderag said:

One more question - I think I saw above that you can't set the motion alarm off time on the Human Body Sensor lower than 60s?
    Is there a workaround for having something happen quicker?
    I am hoping to replace the zwave one I am using for a light in a passthrough area which comes on and goes off after 30s based on Motion Alarm on and Off...
    @vaderag yep, missed it...
    The sensor will report the next motion alarm trigger not earlier then 60 seconds after the previous one...
    In the driver the motion cancellation delay is (re)set after each motion alarm trigger being received.

So if you use a motion cancellation delay of 90 seconds and motion is detected 63 seconds after the first motion alarm trigger... the motion alarm will remain activated until 153 seconds after the first trigger...
  • vaderag said:

One more question - I think I saw above that you can't set the motion alarm off time on the Human Body Sensor lower than 60s?
    Is there a workaround for having something happen quicker?
    I am hoping to replace the zwave one I am using for a light in a passthrough area which comes on and goes off after 30s based on Motion Alarm on and Off...
    @vaderag yep, missed it...
    The sensor will report the next motion alarm trigger not earlier then 60 seconds after the previous one...
    In the driver the motion cancellation delay is (re)set after each motion alarm trigger being received.

So if you use a motion cancellation delay of 90 seconds and motion is detected 63 seconds after the first motion alarm trigger... the motion alarm will remain activated until 153 seconds after the first trigger...
    Fab, thanks for the confirmation!
  • Time for some Q&A:
    @rasssta @Brend Current Homey ZigBee implementation has a number of limitations, that currently block to update the attribute reporting parameters...

I will check if, based on the communication between the Xiaomi gateway and the sensor itself, it is possible to optimize the reporting frequency (use the default frequency and threshold)...

Thanks. I'll happily help out with testing if needed. 
  • Hi, 
    i cant remove a 

Aqara Human Body Sensor

or reset it.
    And cant find a manual for this device.
    Some idea's?
    THX!
  • Time for some Q&A:
    @rasssta @Brend Current Homey ZigBee implementation has a number of limitations, that currently block to update the attribute reporting parameters...

I will check if, based on the communication between the Xiaomi gateway and the sensor itself, it is possible to optimize the reporting frequency (use the default frequency and threshold)...
    vaderag said:
    vaderag said:
    Thanks, and no problem - the hardware seems to be the limitation here!

Related question, can you tell me how the motion alarm actually works... So, motion turns on motion alarm, if nothing else happens then 60s later motion alarm goes off
    However, if motion is then detected again and then detected again after 30 seconds, will the motion alarm be on for 90seconds? Or will it still turn off after 60s and need motion after that time to restart?
    One additional question (for now ;)) - is it possible to have the light flash on motion for the HBS?
    I have not discovered this option... also not on the Xiaomi Gateway / app...
    To add some extra background/facts.

Above is another comparison between 3 humidity sensors.

Living Room = Xiaomi sensor (the round one)
    Living Room 433 = 433 Nexa sensor
    Bathroom = 433 Nexa sensor

The Nexa ones seems to update in in/de-crements of 1.00% while the Xiaomi does it in =>4% in/de-crements.

The Xiaomi values: 20.6 - 26.7 - 32.9 - 26.9
  • Need help pairing Cube.

In the pairing process, I get to the stage where it says 'Apparaat wordt toegevoegd '  but than it times out with 'geen apparaat toegevoegd. 

I do press the link button every 1 or 2 seconds to keep the Cube alive. 

Tried 4 times, no success. 
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited March 2018
    Julian said:

... you should not do a long press but just press the link button (not the power button) repeatedly untill it is fully paired (and that did the trick, working fine now!!). 

I see a link button, inside the Cube. That is the one I am using. You mention a power button...where is that located?
  • I paired the cube about a week ago. Try to keep your eye on the little blue LED.
    The trick is to repeatedly press the link button but the LED has to flicker to keep communications alive. Sometimes it seems to flicker when pressed, sometimes when releasing.

BTW the cube is a really funny device. So many different options, just the usability... :) I think the cube deserves its own thread on this forum, just to feature all use cases that the community comes up with.
  • RuudvB said:
    I paired the cube about a week ago. Try to keep your eye on the little blue LED. 
    The trick is to repeatedly press the link button but the LED has to flicker to keep communications alive. Sometimes it seems to flicker when pressed, sometimes when releasing.

BTW the cube is a really funny device. So many different options, just the usability... :) I think the cube deserves its own thread on this forum, just to feature all use cases that the community comes up with.
    Please do it. I'd love to follow just to decide if I want to buy one or not!!
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited March 2018
    @RuudvB

This is driving me (even more) nuts...
    My 4 doorsensors paired with the first attempt, the cube is a bit tricky..

UPDATE
    Working... after a Brazilian attempts :-)

• Eternity said:
    @RuudvB

UPDATE
    I’ll update the inclusion info to better fit the actual way to get the device included...
    What is the best practice for you guys? Press the link button on every second until inclusion has been completed?

I’ll post the “formal” inclusion instructions from Xiaomi when I’m home..

@RuudvB looking forward to your ideas!
  • Eternity said:
    @RuudvB

This is driving me (even more) nuts...
    My 4 doorsensors paired with the first attempt, the cube is a bit tricky..

UPDATE
     But great that you made it!! :) In good English "de aanhouder wint"
  • angrangr Member
    Would it be possible to allow for these devices (Xiaomi Wireless Switch specifically) to be included in an And-statement in a Flow?  

That would enable a flow to dimm a Fibaro Dimmer2 light while pressing down <Held Down>, and stop dimming after the switch is released. 

• Appear to be having range issues with Zigbee.
    It is not forming a mesh.
    Is there a setting that needs to be made for this to happen within the app ?
    got several wall switches that all connect directly it appears, but some don't respond due to poor range i think.
    Andrew
  • Does somebody know if the xiaomi Mijia homeywell fire detector is already supported bij the Mi zigbee app as i would like 2 order some?

Frans
  • Nope, not supported yet. Awaiting support from Athom. The specific cluster isn’t supported at this moment. Already put in a github issue: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/2005
  • Nope, not supported yet. Awaiting support from Athom. The specific cluster isn’t supported at this moment. Already put in a github issue: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/2005
    oke jammer, bedankt voor je snelle antwoord. Maar even zoeken naar een alternatief dan
  • Hi,

How often should the Aqara Human Body Sensor update the luminance? It's seems that my only updates when there is motion. It's that the correct behaviour?
  • off112 said:
    Hi,

How often should the Aqara Human Body Sensor update the luminance? It's seems that my only updates when there is motion. It's that the correct behaviour?
    I noticed this yesterday too... bit of a shame as it picks up the luminance before my light comes on and then doesnt updated while i'm in the room
  • What is the best practice for you guys? Press the link button on every second until inclusion has been completed?

I’ll post the “formal” inclusion instructions from Xiaomi when I’m home..

What worked for me:
    - make sure to press the LINK button and that you see 3 LED flashes
    - if it flashes once, do it again. It *must* blink 3 times to start inclusion
    - once it blinks 3 times, press the LINK button every second to keep the Cube alive
    - the led will blink 3 x
    - repeat until included :-)
  • off112 said:
    Hi,

Yes, the luminance is updated as soon as motion is detected.
    So you can not trigger on luminance changed without motion.

• off112 said:
    Hi,

Do you know if it's a device behaviour or app behaviour to only update luminance when motion is detected? 
  • @ tedtolboom;
    Are the Xiaomi Mijia Aqara Water Immersing Sensor also supported bye the App?
    Thanks Ruud

• off112 said:
    Hi,

Just got the sensor and got the same result. No luminance update when motion alarm is not triggered.
    To bad as I want to use the luminance sensor to role down the shutters when nobody is at home.
    The Hue motion luminance sensor I also got updates without motion alarm being triggered but its more expensive and larger in size.
  • OetAelse said:
    off112 said:
    Hi,

Just got the sensor and got the same result. No luminance update when motion alarm is not triggered.
    To bad as I want to use the luminance sensor to role down the shutters when nobody is at home.
    The Hue motion luminance sensor I also got updates without motion alarm being triggered but its more expensive and larger in size.
    Neo coolcam is the same too - regular luminance updates
  • Very random question, but I've just ordered a ton of contact sensors to cover every window in my house and got me thinking...

Is there any way to connect the sensors to homey AND the Xiaomi gateway at the same time? I'm thinking redundancy ultimately, so I someone were to pull the plug on homey then the gateway could report instead
    I don't have a gateway so have no idea how it works but assuming not, but just a thought
  • technimantechniman Member
    edited March 2018
    Hi @lubbertkramer ;
    I have some issues with several sensors, one temp sensor is connected according to the "network view" is not reporting any temperature, I've already included and excluded it. location wise its right in the middle of Homey and a aqara smartplug (which both work fine) 

Another two sensors will no longer connect eventhough they are next to a Hue light (connected to the same homey zigbee network) 

Is there any way to troubleshoot this, e.g. see the transmitting power/reception etc ?
    I'd love to post my network topography but i suspect athom turned it off ..  

-=edit=- 
    I have
    14 battery operated devices 
    1 controller (homey)
    3 router (1 smartplug + 2 Hue lights)

• techniman said:

Is there any way to troubleshoot this, e.g. see the transmitting power/reception etc ?

You should be able to see the Zigbee Network here: https://developer.athom.com/tools/zigbee
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited March 2018
    techniman said:

You should be able to see the Zigbee Network here: https://developer.athom.com/tools/zigbee
    Just like the z-wave image Athom removed the Zigbee image

techniman said:
    Hi @lubbertkramer ;
    I have some issues with several sensors, one temp sensor is connected according to the "network view" is not reporting any temperature, I've already included and excluded it. location wise its right in the middle of Homey and a aqara smartplug (which both work fine) 

Another two sensors will no longer connect eventhough they are next to a Hue light (connected to the same homey zigbee network) 

-=edit=- 
    I have
    14 battery operated devices 
    1 controller (homey)
    3 router (1 smartplug + 2 Hue lights)

Best is to tag @tedtolboom or @kasteleman because they are the zigbee experts and makers of the (most) zigbee apps :) I'm not sure of you can measure this but i also reported to @tedtolboom that somethimes random xiaomi devices lose connection with Homey, readding them to Homey solves the problem 
  • Re-adding solves the problem, or does the problem re-occur later on?
    And a reboot of Homey does not solve it?
    i ask this because i also have a report of a innr zigbee bulb losing connection after 1-2 days, but a reboot of Homey solves it! So have to be sure these 2 differ or not!

if you need to re-add it again and again then it is a different story and most likely is a firmware or hardware defect. That was the case for a Ubisys device and I solved it by a firmware update.

So please put in as much details as you can when reporting this issue.
This discussion has been closed.