This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Push Spotify to interact with Athom by giving kudo's on this idea

Comments

• Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited January 2016
    Of course it was (partially) fictitious.  Why else would they need a Kickstarter to fund the creation of this product?  :|
    Have you ever watched any other Kickstarter campaign video?
    They all do this, it's a little hard to attrack backers by putting up a long boring text of what your product will look like and be able to do...  ;)
    You can hardly blame Athom for Spotify's unwillingness to open up their API.
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    And we had Spotify working (still have), but their license of the software prevents us from releasing it.
  • If you are annoyed, complain with Spotify. I know from business related experience they are not the most flexible and interactive company out there. This is not Athom to blame but the Spotify licensing their solution to others. Click the link in the 1st post of this topic, and complain to spotify all you want :smile:  by replying to my request/new idea...
    Thanks !

• Whoppa and there's kudo 224 :smiley: 
  • Done...
  • Up to 230 now, considering there are approximately 1930 orders including pre orders this is still quite a small amount of Kudos. It would be nice for some more support so that Spotify take some notice and realise this would also be good for their business. 
  • fuzzybear said:
    Up to 230 now, considering there are approximately 1930 orders including pre orders this is still quite a small amount of Kudos. It would be nice for some more support so that Spotify take some notice and realise this would also be good for their business. 
    I agree completely. If everyone would give their kudos AND reply on the spotify request i put on their forum this would indeed make a difference!
  • I fully agree, kudo on Spotify, and voicing my support here.
  • mrTmrT Member
    MarkSwift said:
    Am I the only one a little annoyed by this? I bought Homey with the expectation that Spotify would work out of the box - especially given that the demo (which I believe was all fictitious now) showed it working. I've also heard Emile et al say that that it was working many times...?
    I do appreciate everyone's good intentions by upvoting the creation of an app by Spotify. But I'm very skeptical wether it will have any effect considering the relatively small userbase of Homey. And out of the box use of Homey as a controller for Spotify was one of the main selling points!

Might an idea be to convert the working code to community code?
  • mrT said:I do appreciate everyone's good intentions by upvoting the creation of an app by Spotify. 
    I don't believe it's about creating an app. It's about becoming a partner with Spotify and using Spotify Connect. Athom's app is already working but they are not allowed to release it because they aren't a partner. Not sure if releasing it as open source would solve that.
  • Vincent said:
    mrT said:I do appreciate everyone's good intentions by upvoting the creation of an app by Spotify. 
    I don't believe it's about creating an app. It's about becoming a partner with Spotify and using Spotify Connect. Athom's app is already working but they are not allowed to release it because they aren't a partner. Not sure if releasing it as open source would solve that.
    Exactly !
    that's exactly what Emile said already earlier in this thread. As far as I know the app is already done. The difficulty is the licensing part.
    This whole idea and initiative to push forward with Spotify via its forum came from me, myself and I...I'm eager to make some noise with Spotify people on their forum, and if everyone , and I mean, EVERYONE who ordered or is about to order a Homey, would do that, it makes a difference. This is what backing up is all about...At least this is how I look at it.

If anyone has any other suggestions or good ideas to move forward by "pressuring" Spotify We all want to hear them....get it out in the open.
    like I said before , commenting on the topic I opened on Spotify forum is the best place to complain to Spotify. They do read it and Im sure they don't read this forum :smile: 

so go ahead... Make my day :wink: 
  • I hope Emile can send out a request to all buyers of Homey to support this thread on Spotify.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited January 2016
    now Kudo's for the last 24-48 hours?! :neutral: 

We need more Kudo's!! :mrgreen: 
  • PeaoPeao Member
    edited January 2016
    While we are waiting for new kudo's: All Deezer user or supporter can show Athom that there is a high demand for Deezer-Support (at least add it to the Trello list) aswell here:

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/589/deezer-on-trello
  • MarcoF said:
    now Kudo's for the last 24-48 hours?! :neutral: 

We need more Kudo's!! :mrgreen: 
    We are close to 250..:-)
    It's lacking replies though....
  • Nice to see all the upvotes! But as long Athom has not pushed out a succesful series of perfectly working homies, these upvotes are useless.

Homey has to proof itself first before we have any change of Spotify support.....
  • still 247....
    Lets say 2000 backed and pre-ordered Homey's... ~12% of them did a Kudo :disappointed: 

Lets go for the 2000 kudo's!
  • It's a shame that not all those 2000 are interested in Spotify. And also not all of them are reading this forum :(.
    I really hope Spotify will respond to Athom in the near future.
  • It's a shame that not all those 2000 are interested in Spotify. And also not all of them are reading this forum :(.
    I really hope Spotify will respond to Athom in the near future.
    I agree, let's have an attitude where we say that the glass is" half full" instead of "half empty"...

Personally I would have expected to have at least 500 kudos + responses....
    Never the less I want to gratefully thank those committed people who took the initiative to give kudos and leave a reply on the Spotify topic...
    Thanks a million and hopefully we will get to the point where we want to be : full support given by Spotify !! 
  • Maybe Athom can post on Facebook they have the Spotify working but can't release it without Spotify working with them and point the readers to the Spotify forum post to upvote the topic there? This forum is for 'a select few' followers, I guess Athom's Facebook page has more.
  • Maybe Athom can post on Facebook and point the readers to the Spotify forum post to upvote the topic there?
    They already did :)
  • MarcoF said:
    still 247....
    Lets say 2000 backed and pre-ordered Homey's... ~12% of them did a Kudo :disappointed: 

Lets go for the 2000 kudo's!

I think even less because I asked my colleagues to give Kudo's, although they haven't ordered a Homey (yet), which they did.
  •  
    Come on forum! Goal is to get at least 100+ kudos to get in their weekly community meeting . I quote from their website:

"Once an idea reaches 100 kudos, the idea officially entered into the idea review process (not before).

So we needed 100. We have 247 and now we need 2000?
  •  
    Come on forum! Goal is to get at least 100+ kudos to get in their weekly community meeting . I quote from their website:

"Once an idea reaches 100 kudos, the idea officially entered into the idea review process (not before).

So we needed 100. We have 247 and now we need 2000?
    I dislike to constantly repeat myself and now starting to regret myself for starting this little campaign which was purely my own initiative and the only reason behind it to assist Athom in getting some airtime with Spotify to get what they need, a license.
    Check the FAQ ( = Frequently Asked Questions) of Spotify and you will know all about it. What the steps are within Spotify and why I would like to have the biggest audience shouting towards Spotify.

I curently see mostly negative remarks being a trend lately. Every attempt needs to be downgraded somehow, either conscious or unconscious.
    With this remark you give me the feeling that I alone need to push Spotify and make this a success. Bare in mind this is an attempt which can only succeed if we all support this idea. 
    As if only 100 kudos would move Spotify....come on.. I just copied paste the text which includd some rules from spotify website. If one would read on their website one would know..

So in short...i dont like your remark!
    And im sorry for pushing and putting in some time and efforts..

Man o man, has the attitude of some members of  this forum changed 180° the last couple of days....

• Was realy giving me the idea that we needed 100 for getting in their weekly meeting.
    Dont give a sh*t if u like the remark or not, was just wondering when we was gonna be in the weekly meeting.
  • Was realy giving me the idea that we needed 100 for getting in their weekly meeting.
    Dont give a sh*t if u like the remark or not, was just wondering when we was gonna be in the weekly meeting.
    Dude, what's your problem? If you can't behave yourself here, get out of here.    
    talk all the language you want!
    Call Spotify themselves and ask them.
    Guys like you bashing guys like me who are willing to take initiative.
    Better idea... you take the lead from now on !
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    edited January 2016
    So, we're talking.. :blush:

Great work!
  • I assume you're talking with Spotify @emile? Cool!