This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Marvin-body shaped Homey stand

2»

Comments

• Just thought I'd share the progress so far (who knew Windows 10 came with a 3D printing app). Please note that it's still a work in progress. Also awaiting response from someone at Athom to provide precise measurements of the Homey and its feet.
  • Very nice Jasper! This is gonna be awesome!
  • I'm definately interested in getting one!
  • Nice! 
  • phbphb Member
    Very  nice
  • hrchrc Member
    Hi Jasper very Nice!
    Are you willing to share the stl?  

• Yeah that would be great!
  • When ready, I really like to buy one
  • hrc said:
    Hi Jasper very Nice!
    Are you willing to share the stl?  

I'll need to have a think about that when the model is finished (and the Homey fits)!
  • I also like the idea! If it comes availible I also would like to buy one.
  • Wow Jasper, that looks awesome! Once you're ready for taking orders, let us know!
  • Hay Jasper, how is it going with the Marvin Body stand?
    Now my Homey is bricked, it really should stand on Marvin  ;).
    It just so sád looking while it's standing for dead in my livingroom...
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited February 2016
    @JasperKort youre not gonna believe it, but my new printer just arrived last monday.
    The maffia called douane finally cleared the CE certification of it.
    Could do a test run on de stl file
  • This is an awesome topic.. i am really interested in buying a copy if this ever comes on the market
  • So am I!
  • Hiya everybody! Really cool to see the interest in Marvin! I (unfortunately) have to admit he hasn't really progressed since the last update, since I have been waiting for some proper measurements of the Homey and its feet. Didn't really want to stalk @Emile and the whole Athom team, since they've got more urgent matters to focus their time on :wink: 

@PeterGroeneweg , perhaps you could give measuring the Homey a try? Must be easier now that it's not going anywhere (dead). My condolences (for now).

Maybe now that @mruiter received his 3D printer we can have a look at some other questions I have regarding 3D printing. If the poor chap feels like running a test for me that is :wink: 
  • I will take some measurement staight away, shall I PM you when I have them?

• p0ntsp0nts Member
    edited February 2016
  • What's that @p0nts , has is something to do with soccer?  ;)

• Maybe now that @mruiter received his 3D printer we can have a look at some other questions I have regarding 3D printing. If the poor chap feels like running a test for me that is :wink: 
    The test run was ment for you. So no worry's .
    I will testrun the new large scale printer :)

• I printed an existing Marvin body without head and created a collar to place Homey in.

The stl file of the collar and link to this Marvin body i used are here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1347433

It is very easy to do it like this. You can use any Marvin design you want and just not print the head. Place the collar on top and then your Homey. I used a bit of aluminium colored tape to make the eyes.

This Marvin design is very stable, if you use another one do not use a design with the head tilted forward too much, that will make it unstable.

• Seems very nice!
  • Great and solves the cable problem ;)
  • Vincent said:
    Great and solves the cable problem ;)
    lol... looks like Homey was made with this setup in mind ;)
  • And now program a led ring scene where only the leds on the position of the eyes light up.
  • @JasperKort ; it's awfully quiet in this thread... any progress on the stand? Are we already able to order our own?
  • Bumblez said:
    @JasperKort ; it's awfully quiet in this thread... any progress on the stand? Are we already able to order our own?
    I apologise for the lack of progression. Been having a little motivational dip lately. Because of actual deadlines at work and working overtime it's been difficult to get myself to do similar stuff in my spare time.

I had thought of a way to attach the Homey to the stand, but that was before my own Homey arrived with one of its feet detached. So I realised you can't actually put any pressure on the Homey or its feet or you'll risk snapping them off. Where I had thought of a way to have it be quite tightly stuck. So I need to rethink that part.
  • Unfortunately that's outside of my field of expertise, so I can't help you there. But yeah, I understand being busy... so I'll just wait until you have the time and opportunity to continue work on this. No rush, though!
  • I was thinking of Baymax from Big Hero 6 as a stand. Something like in the picture and Homey for a head and using tape and stickers to create the eyes. But Marvin is great as well.