This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official Zigbee SDK2

[App] Xiaomi-mi ZigBee - Main discussion topic (v0.4.1)

Comments

• @TedTolboom

Great work Ted!
    Thanks !
  • Call for community support...

Dear all, 

Over the past weeks and months I have been developing the Xiaomi Mi Zigbee app, with a lot of support of @kasteleman, @sprut and the Athom team and a lot of positive feedback from the community...
    Due to the limitations of the current ZigBee implementation, the lack of documentation of Xiaomi and the "creative" implementation of the ZigBee protocol, it was a bumpy road which consumed a lot of personal time.

As appreciation for this effort, I received quite some donations and in the spirit of the community development, I've re-invested these donations into buying additional Xiaomi Zigbee modules to further extend the device support of the Xiaomi Zigbee app; where in quite some cases I do not personally use these devices (either due to not fitting our wall boxes or other home automation devices already in place)..

In some cases, I have borrowed several devices from community members, but with the continuous development of the ZigBee core of Homey, I would not be able to provide support for these devices / update and test the driver / app when something in the ZigBee core changes...

In this topic, but also on the app's GitHub issue section, a lot of calls are being made to add support for the remaining Xiaomi ZigBee devices; the Curtain Controller, the smart Lock, the gas and smoke detector... and possible the camera gateway... and I guess many more new devices (like the Aqara wireless switch with Gyro) will follow.

In order to have access to these devices myself, to add support and maintain the app, this would mean an investment of around 470 euro... which is too much from private perspective...

Therefore I would like to call for support of the community to enable adding support for these additional devices by making a paypal contribution.

Based on the feedback received, I would like to set the following sequential goals:
    1. Add support for the Aqara Curtain Controller (incl. small tracks): 147 euro
    2. Add support for both the Xiaomi Mijia smoke and gas detector:  50 euro
    3. Add support for the Aqara smart door lock set: 230 euro
    4. Investigate if Aqara cam gateway can be used directly with Homey (Zigbee based): 28 euro
    Please note that, despite asking for a community contribution, this still remains a personal project in my spare time (next to a full time job) and is depending on also Athom to further implement the ZigBee clusters (already known issue for adding support of the smoke, gas and water leakage detectors)... Trying to add support for these new devices might uncover more issues visible. For these reasons, I will not be able to provide a clear timeline / commitment when support will become available.

In the opening post of this topic, and in this topic, I will track the status of these donation / goals.
    I explored the option to use Patreon for this (like @swttt uses for homeda.sh), but Patreon depends on monthly contributions and does not support fixed targets.

If for e.g. private reasons, I will not be able to complete or abandon these goals, I will gladly forward these devices to another developer able to continue this app...

Thanks, Ted
  • @TedTolboom

aqara cam money sent 
  • EDVEDV Member
    Donation sent for your hard work.
  • mehtamehta Member
    Donated of course! My home is much more enjoyable because of your work. Thanks!
  • Donation sent!
    Keep up the good work, the Xiaomi devices work great with Homey and your app
  • Donation sent!
    Please keep working on the app.
  • Donation sent.

Thanks for all your hard work! 
  • AaronAaron Member
    Thanks for your efforts, donation made.

• 2Be2Be Member
    Donation sent. Great work, much appreciated.
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited March 2018
    Dear all,

What an overwhelming amount of reactions / donation!
    Greatly appreciated, also the kind messages that we accompanying them...

I planned to provide an update today at the end of the day (after 24 hours), but considering the amount of donations already received, I decided to provide an intermediate update.

Basically, the funding for 3 out of the 4 goals has been achieved within a day.
    Below table shows the updated state, including contributors making this possible:

1. Add support for the Aqara Curtain Controller (incl. small tracks): 147 euro
    funding available, to be ordered
    contributors: @Homey_lampje, @EDV, Jahn, @mehta, @Martin_vd_Aart, @phil_s, @eternity, @Aaron, @brtw, @2Be

2. Add support for both the Xiaomi Mijia smoke and gas detector:  50 euro
    contributors: @Homey_lampje, @mehta

3. Add support for the Aqara smart door lock set: 230 229 euro 

4. Investigate if Aqara cam gateway can be used directly with Homey (Zigbee based): 28 euro 
    contributors: @djesko

Only 1 goal remaining: the Aqara smart door lock set (ZigBee version)
    All other devices / materials will be ordered this evening
  • Finally got the Homey update so can start testing this app!

Just set up an Aqara Wireless Switch - is there any way to have a held state on it (i.e. if button held down dim until it's released?)
  • technimantechniman Member
    edited March 2018
    @TedTolboom great plan,
    though I (personally) would not dare putting that Aqara smart doorlock on my front door just yet. 

I would however use this one on the shed or something and with zigbee you could tell homey to unlock the shed before you go out to get your bike (so cool) price-wise its also a bit cheaper ~52 euro it seems 

Please note I'm assuming the lock wirelessly unlocks, it's also possible that the zigbee connection only sends a status to the controller.. i just could not find any details on the actual functionality (yet)

-=edit=-
    Nevermind, It sounds like its status only, here is some more info for the people that are interested:   

• @TedTolboom
    Donation done. Would be for the curtain controller but since that is already full, just add me to the Aqara smart door lock.

I already have one on the way for a nice price:
    https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/Originele-xiaomi-Mijia-aqara-Smart-deurslot-digitale-Touchscreen-Keyless-Vingerafdruk-Wachtwoord-werk-om-mi-thuis-app/32847345883.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.zl04QF

• vaderag said:
    Finally got the Homey update so can start testing this app!

Just set up an Aqara Wireless Switch - is there any way to have a held state on it (i.e. if button held down dim until it's released?)
    To add to this question, is there any way to set sensitivity in the human body sensors? Other PIR I have I've had to lower sensitivity so the cat doesn't set them off...
    edited March 2018
    Dear all, 

Below table shows the updated state, including contributors making this app development possible:

1. Add support for the Aqara Curtain Controller (incl. small tracks): 147 euro ordered today
    contributors: @Homey_lampje@EDV, Jahn, @mehta@Martin_vd_Aart@phil_s@eternity@Aaron@brtw@2Be 

2. Add support for both the Xiaomi Mijia smoke and gas detector:  50 euro ordered today
    contributors: @Homey_lampje@mehta

3. Add support for the Aqara smart door lock set: 183 euro, 103 euro remaining
    contributors: @ruudvb, Jan

4. Investigate if Aqara cam gateway can be used directly with Homey (Zigbee based): 28 euro ordered today
    contributors: @djesko

Only 1 goal remaining: the Aqara smart door lock set (ZigBee version)
  • vaderag said:

@vaderag the device does not support it natively....
    I will need to check if this is possible to add from driver side...
    some devices like the Aqara Wireless Remote Switch Single / Double will activate it's inclusion mode when holding the keep (with risk of removal)
    vaderag said:
    vaderag said:

To add to this question, is there any way to set sensitivity in the human body sensors? Other PIR I have I've had to lower sensitivity so the cat doesn't set them off...
    Currently not. I'm not even sure if this setting is supported on the Xiaomi gateway's itself...
    Anyone who can check this answer?
  • RuudvB said:
    @TedTolboom
    Donation done. Would be for the curtain controller but since that is already full, just add me to the Aqara smart door lock.

I already have one on the way for a nice price:
    https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/Originele-xiaomi-Mijia-aqara-Smart-deurslot-digitale-Touchscreen-Keyless-Vingerafdruk-Wachtwoord-werk-om-mi-thuis-app/32847345883.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.zl04QF

Thanks @RuudvB updated the price accordingly...
  • Anyone found (and actually received) the new Aqara wireless switch with build in Gyro, with part number WXKG12LM  (so not WXKG11LM) https://github.com/TedTolboom/com.xiaomi-mi-zigbee/issues/42

Have been searching for this one on Ali, but as typically on Ali.... a lot of conflicting statements
  • SytzeSytze Member
    https://m.nl.aliexpress.com/item/32826677539.html
    It should be this one, but I haven't ordered it myself.
  • vaderag said:

@vaderag the device does not support it natively....
    I will need to check if this is possible to add from driver side...
    some devices like the Aqara Wireless Remote Switch Single / Double will activate it's inclusion mode when holding the keep (with risk of removal)
    vaderag said:
    vaderag said:

Currently not. I'm not even sure if this setting is supported on the Xiaomi gateway's itself...
    Anyone who can check this answer?
    Thanks @TedTolboom, fingers crossed there might be a way!! (I'm essentially using these as a cheap way to replace light switches)

One more question - I think I saw above that you can't set the motion alarm off time on the Human Body Sensor lower than 60s?
    Is there a workaround for having something happen quicker?
    I am hoping to replace the zwave one I am using for a light in a passthrough area which comes on and goes off after 30s based on Motion Alarm on and Off...
  • @vaderag said:
    Thanks @TedTolboom, fingers crossed there might be a way!! (I'm essentially using these as a cheap way to replace light switches)

One more question - I think I saw above that you can't set the motion alarm off time on the Human Body Sensor lower than 60s?
    I am hoping to replace the zwave one I am using for a light in a passthrough area which comes on and goes off after 30s based on Motion Alarm on and Off...
    @vaderag no, this is a device limitation.... see also https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/69062/#Comment_69062

I would not count on it that we are able to fix this (soon)...
  • @vaderag said:

@vaderag no, this is a device limitation.... see also https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/69062/#Comment_69062

@vaderag said:

Thanks, and no problem - the hardware seems to be the limitation here!

Related question, can you tell me how the motion alarm actually works... So, motion turns on motion alarm, if nothing else happens then 60s later motion alarm goes off
    However, if motion is then detected again and then detected again after 30 seconds, will the motion alarm be on for 90seconds? Or will it still turn off after 60s and need motion after that time to restart?
  • Hi,

I was previously using my Xiaomi temperature/humidity sensors connected directly to a Xiaomi GW and it had very specific updates, such as 0.03c and as often as every 5 seconds if there were major differences in temp/humidity. Now when I have them connected directly to Homey 99% of my updates are at 0.5c. For humidity it only updates if the value has changed more than 4%.

I did a comparison (same day and time frame) between my XiaomiGW+sensors setup and the Homey one, with outdoor sensors on both, and the Xiaomi GW stored 20 values within 18 hours, while Homey only stored 6 values.

Is this an issue with this app or with Homey itself?
  • BrendBrend Member
    rasssta said:
    Hi,

I was previously using my Xiaomi temperature/humidity sensors connected directly to a Xiaomi GW and it had very specific updates, such as 0.03c and as often as every 5 seconds if there were major differences in temp/humidity. Now when I have them connected directly to Homey 99% of my updates are at 0.5c. For humidity it only updates if the value has changed more than 4%.

I did a comparison (same day and time frame) between my XiaomiGW+sensors setup and the Homey one, with outdoor sensors on both, and the Xiaomi GW stored 20 values within 18 hours, while Homey only stored 6 values.

Is this an issue with this app or with Homey itself?
    Hi, i have a similar question. I noticed that the hue app pushed way often his temperature then the xiamoi temp-humidity sensor. 

I was wondering:
    - Is this just how the xiaomi app works?
    - Is this because of a bad zigbee mesh network quality?
    - Does it only reports/register when a certain change in degrees is meassured?

- The below dots is hue temperature sensor
    - The above dots are 3 xiamoi aqara sensors
  • vaderag said:
    @vaderag said:

@vaderag said:

Related question, can you tell me how the motion alarm actually works... So, motion turns on motion alarm, if nothing else happens then 60s later motion alarm goes off
    However, if motion is then detected again and then detected again after 30 seconds, will the motion alarm be on for 90seconds? Or will it still turn off after 60s and need motion after that time to restart?
    One additional question (for now ;)) - is it possible to have the light flash on motion for the HBS?
    edited March 2018
    Dear all, 

Below table shows the updated state, including contributors making this app development possible:

1. Add support for the Aqara Curtain Controller (incl. small tracks): 147 euro ordered
    contributors: @Homey_lampje@EDV, Jahn, @mehta@Martin_vd_Aart@phil_s@eternity@Aaron@brtw@2Be 

2. Add support for both the Xiaomi Mijia smoke and gas detector:  50 euro ordered
    contributors: @Homey_lampje@mehta

3. Add support for the Aqara smart door lock set: 183 euro, will be ordered on Monday
    contributors: @ruudvb, Jan, @sprut

4. Investigate if Aqara cam gateway can be used directly with Homey (Zigbee based): 28 euro ordered
    contributors: @djesko

Even the following stretched goals have been achieved:
    5. Add support for the Aqara wireless switch with Gyroscope13 euroordered today
    contributors: Toon

6. Investigate if the Aqara Lock core (as pointed out by @techniman) can be used in directly with Homey (Zigbee based / in combination with BLE): 55 euro (including shipping), will be ordered today
    contributors: @anjo

All goals have been achieved! Thank you all who contributed!

• Time for some Q&A:
    @rasssta @Brend Current Homey ZigBee implementation has a number of limitations, that currently block to update the attribute reporting parameters...

I will check if, based on the communication between the Xiaomi gateway and the sensor itself, it is possible to optimize the reporting frequency (use the default frequency and threshold)...
    vaderag said:
    vaderag said:

One additional question (for now ;)) - is it possible to have the light flash on motion for the HBS?
    I have not discovered this option... also not on the Xiaomi Gateway / app...
  • BrendBrend Member
    Many thanks @TedTolboom for your answer en effort in this app.
  • Time for some Q&A:
    @rasssta @Brend Current Homey ZigBee implementation has a number of limitations, that currently block to update the attribute reporting parameters...

I will check if, based on the communication between the Xiaomi gateway and the sensor itself, it is possible to optimize the reporting frequency (use the default frequency and threshold)...
    vaderag said:
    vaderag said:

I have not discovered this option... also not on the Xiaomi Gateway / app...
    Thanks @TedTolboom for your swift answers and work on this app. I think you may have missed my question re the way the motion sensor works (my fault for asking too many questions I think!!)
This discussion has been closed.