This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Auto inclusion not working?

RichyRichy Member
edited March 2018 in Devices
Hi,

I am trying to auto-include my Fibaro RGBW controller. It supports auto-inclusion but it seems Homey does not. I cant reach the RGBW easily, so I need auto-inclusion for that.

I can switch the power on and off by a wall mounted switch.
Any tips or hints?

Comments

• Do you hold the Homey as close to the controller as possible? So far I found that everything more than 50 cm distance kan be disastrous.
    My experience so far with Homey has been that it is a big gamble whether it does or does not include a device in inclusion mode.
    I use Qubino devices.
    Most of the times the switches are recognised if I activate the input 3 times within 3 seconds, just as the manual states. But sometimes the device or Homey seems to timeout half way so I have to exclude first and then include again, which is a pain in the a**.
    For dimmers however, the inclusion procedure never works, even though the Qubino manual says that pressing the switch 3 times should also work for dimmers. So I have to open the wall switches and go for the button on the device (even though the manual says this only works with 24V, not for 230V which I use...). And then sometimes Homey recognizes the switch, sometimes it times out half way, as described above....
    While doing this I have to power the Homey with a battery and hold it really very, very close to the device, otherwise nothing works at all. 
    Does anybody have these same problems with Homey and Qubino or other devices?
  • JPeJPe Member
    When I have to include a Qubino dimmer, I always use the Auto-include-procedure and this always works for me,
    so what I do is, always first exclude the device via Service-menu/Z-wave - exclude (even when it is never been included) the device has to be at a distance of less than 1 meter (best <50cm when build in),
    then un-power the dimmer, bring Homey into the include mode, then power-up the device and it's done.
  • @JPe thanks, I tried again and now I got the dimmer to exclude and include without pressing the service button. It takes several tries to get it into learning mode however. In practice I keep on flipping the button until the device is recognized.
    I did not unpower the dimmer. I thought that was only necessary for complete reset? 

• My other problem is that the inclusion process often stops half way. Mostly while 'retrieving multi channel nodes'. After that I have to exclude and include again. Sometimes several times. See screenshot.

Anyone familiar with this problem? I hold the Homey as close to the switch as possible.  
  • RichyRichy Member
    Thanks for the responds.
    I will try next time. But a distance of less than a meter is pretty much unusable. Removing a part of a ceiling is worse (which I had to do now).
    I have like 2 meters but as well a wall in between Homey and the Fibaro.