This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Wire connection Fibaro RGBW

canedjecanedje Member
edited March 2018 in Devices
I like to control 4 white ledstrips with the Fibaro RGBW switch, mainly to control brightness as sunset or Sunrise for my birdcases.
I ordered the switch but did not receive it yet.
I like to be prepared at the forehand how to connect the LED strips to the RGBW switch
I did search at this forum and did find how to control brightness if connected by Homey.
But I can not find how to connect the wiring. There are examples that IN1 to IN4 are connected by switches to the 0V.

I find how to connect the ledstrips itself to 12 V and the RGBW connection of the device
But I don't know how and/or  if needed to connect the IN1 to IN4 to the 0V if I only want to control the LED strips by Homey?
Am I right that I do need these IN connections to connect straight to the 0V? Or is there no need to connect these if the control will be taken by Homey?

Thanks

Comments

• In fact, you don't want to connect to input straight to 0v, there either needs to be a normally open switch inbetween, or don't connect it at all. 
    If you connect the input straight to 0v you can not control them at all, even with homey.
  • caseda said:
    In fact, you don't want to connect to input straight to 0v, there either needs to be a normally open switch inbetween, or don't connect it at all. 
    If you connect the input straight to 0v you can not control them at all, even with homey.
    Thanks.
    Thats clear.