This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[APP] Z-Wave POPP Devices support for Homey

Comments

• @RDtimmer
    i submited a  new beta 2.0.4 with new zwave mesh driver and moved the smoke detector to the sensor class.
    I hope it will now create the trigger cards for the device
  • @mruiter Thanks, I'm going to try as soon as it is available, and let you know the outcome.
  • @mruiter Overnight Homey updated to 2.0.4, I am still unable to use the smoke detectors as input flow unfortunately however.
    Would you -or anyone else- happen to know if I need to re-include the smoke detectors?
    The Zwave mesh in settings it still looks the same, and lists the smoke detectors(same as before).

• Could you try a re-inclussion just to be sure...... (Doggy face)
  • RDtimmerRDtimmer Member
    edited March 2018
    mruiter said:
    Could you try a re-inclussion just to be sure...... (Doggy face)
    YESsss, @mruiter it works, you did it!! :D
    Thanks you for your efforts in resolving this.

Since for other Popp devices the same procedure may apply, I am going to write down the steps I did to resolve this.
    1) Remove device from Homey Devices section
    2) Press button on device to exclude it
    3) I had to reboot since I could not include it again
    4) Add Device --> press include button in device
    5) the icon change(slightly) in flows so I was very hopeful already, and YES, it can be used to trigger Alarms in the "When" section again.

Awesome work, thanks again.
    Edit: een biertje of twee zijn onderweg(Paypal)   :)
  • CarosCaros Member
    edited March 2018
    @mruiter, I've just installed the beta (again). Now the app doesn't seem to crash anymore (5 minutes running now ;)). Will let you know if any issues regarding to the smoke detectors appear, but so far this update seems to work fine!

And thanks for the effort of course!
  • CarosCaros Member
    edited March 2018
    @mruiter, I was too fast unfortunately. I miss the trigger flows. For my Z-wave POPP Smoke detectors I can't make a trigger card: 'If alarm went off'. So basically the smoke detectors are unusable right now... Turning alarm on/and off in the 'then' column is working, but I miss a card in the 'if' column.

Can you have a look into this?
  • Caros said:
    @mruiter, I was too fast unfortunately. I miss the trigger flows. For my Z-wave POPP Smoke detectors I can't make a trigger card: 'If alarm went off'. So basically the smoke detectors are unusable right now... Turning alarm on/and off in the 'then' column is working, but I miss a card in the 'if' column.

Can you have a look into this?
    Hi Caros, see my comments above your post, it is a bit of a hassle, but you need to exclude and include them again(per device).
    Once you have done this you will see slightly altered icons, and you will be able to use the smoke detectors as trigger cards again.

@mruiter:
    Oddly enough Zwave performance of connected devices seems to have improved for me(or I must be imagining things)
  • CarosCaros Member
    @RDtimmer, thanks, that worked! :)
    Only thing that doesn't seem to work anymore is battery status, how is that on your side?
  • Caros said:
    @RDtimmer, thanks, that worked! :)
    Only thing that doesn't seem to work anymore is battery status, how is that on your side?
    Same for me.
    I guess that's something @mruiter needs to look into.
  • Battery status is a problem of the current homey z-wave implementation.
    It does work , if you wake up the device... But most of the time it doesnt work.
    Homey doesnt look at the random battery report. Which i also find weird that they cant seem to get it fixed
  • tobpet01tobpet01 Member
    edited April 2018
    Hello,
    I just tried to add my z-rain. The app crash directly after adding z-rain.
    Just for me?

I`m on beta 2.0.4.
  • Popp app do not report value for wind, pressure and dewpoint. It report temperature, humidity and luminance .
    I'v tried both v2.04 and 1.1.7 but it's the same behavior. Homey receive data. What to do?
  • mruiter said:

I Just updated the app to also support the Z-Wave Striker Contol
    I Dont have it myself and documentation at PoPP is poor as always.

Is there someone who could test is for me ? Its on the github in master

Hi has anybody test the strike control? I tried to include it, but cant get homey to see it. Would be nice to know it only me :)
  • Oy1974Oy1974 Member
    edited April 2018
    dagobert said:
    mruiter said:

I Just updated the app to also support the Z-Wave Striker Contol
    I Dont have it myself and documentation at PoPP is poor as always.

Is there someone who could test is for me ? Its on the github in master

Hi has anybody test the strike control? I tried to include it, but cant get homey to see it. Would be nice to know it only me :)

Have added it without any problems, only problem is that it eats 9v batteries so ive choose to use a 12 v power supply
  • tobpet01 said:
    Hello,
    I just tried to add my z-rain. The app crash directly after adding z-rain.
    Just for me?

I`m on beta 2.0.4.
    The user with a zwave rain that made the driver work on the non beta version is looking into it. 
    Indont have it myself hope to hear from him soon so it gets functional in the beta series
  • Popp app do not report value for wind, pressure and dewpoint. It report temperature, humidity and luminance .
    I'v tried both v2.04 and 1.1.7 but it's the same behavior. Homey receive data. What to do?
    there have been some updates to the zwave mesh driver. i will see if i can het it to work now. hope to have some time next weekend
  • mruiter said:
    Popp app do not report value for wind, pressure and dewpoint. It report temperature, humidity and luminance .
    there have been some updates to the zwave mesh driver. i will see if i can het it to work now. hope to have some time next weekend

I would appreciate that.

• mruiter said:
    Popp app do not report value for wind, pressure and dewpoint. It report temperature, humidity and luminance .
    Any progress?
  • @mruiter first of all thanks for this APP and your effort! 

I've the POPP Z-weather device for detecting windspeeds, but it won't show the windspeed values in Homey. So also not sure if it's working correct to get my shutters up when there's too much wind. 

I created a flow which checks the changed windspeed like this:

This log is what I have about the device. Not sure if you need this.
    [2018-01-29T10:42:40.110Z] Node[35]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL, data: 0x05060117
    [2018-01-29T10:42:40.183Z] Node[35]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL, data: 0x0501220068
    [2018-01-29T10:42:40.256Z] Node[35]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL, data: 0x05030164
    [2018-01-29T10:42:40.334Z] Node[35]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL, data: 0x0505014868
    [2018-01-29T10:42:40.414Z] Node[35]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL, data: 0x0509220400
    [2018-01-29T10:42:40.494Z] Node[35]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL, data: 0x050b220038
    [2018-01-29T10:42:40.580Z] Node[35]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02411c0000c8e6010c0000c6ee
    [2018-01-29T10:42:40.660Z] Node[35]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x0241a400008857010c00008597
    [2018-01-29T10:42:40.732Z] Node[35]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_BATTERY, data: 0x0364

Hello , i am am new here, but i share the probloem with the Z-Weather device.

connecting/pairing to homey was no problem , but at first it only showed  temperature and humidity , but i need it for its wind speed , to retract my screens in case of  strong wind 

installed the beta app this morning, , now it also shows brightness/helderheid, but still no windmeasure,

@mruiter   can i provide anything to help fixing this, or is it not possible to fix the wind measuring?

regards 

Eric

• Does anyone know how to add the popp keypad to a flow.
    I added it as a device, but can not find it again with flows

Ronald
  • Oy1974Oy1974 Member
    RonaldIT said:
    Does anyone know how to add the popp keypad to a flow.
    I added it as a device, but can not find it again with flows

Ronald
    Did you look if its supported in the popp app
  • yes in the beta app
    he is also simply added but can not do anything with it
  • The support was made like stated in the document PoPP supplied .
    Since the S2 and Flirs bugs in the Homey Zwave core i cant add the keypad myself to test it.

And sinces most documents PoPP supplies with there products are shit it could be its not working as it is in the Beta App.

Seems you are able to join the keypad to homey.

Would it be possible to run the app in the athom-cli in debug and pass me some log files when trying to use the keypad ? Then i can see what goes wrong.

• @mruiter
    What I can do is that I send the key pad to you so that you can test it yourself.
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited July 2018
    wait.... its up to athom to aprove the waiting update of the new beta in the appstore .. 
    or you could sideload it from my github.

many thx to the community user that send in the fix 
  • I have a Z-rain and got a question about the reporting. A few days ago the "Current rain" reported about 7 mm/h for about 2 hours, but the "Total" just reported 0,01 m3 during that period. I think it came about 14 mm rain these 2 hours. Is m3 the same as mm and the reporting is wrong or is it possible to make the "Total" reporting about 1000 times the m3 so I get the mm-value?
  • I dont have a z-wave rain. So i can not troubleshoot this for you. A other community user added this driver in the past.
    Hope there is another community user with a z-wave rain a development skills that could look into it. And maybee even help with the new Beta SDKv2 version because thats about the only driver in the SDKv2 version in beta that isnt working.
  • I have the same problem as @blueskypol . Popp Z-weather device not detecting wind speeds. Somebody a soltution?
  • Hello,

I think one value from z-rain is missing... mm/m2.
    Just for me or possible to include this value in the app?