This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

IP camera Ubiquiti

Hi!

I have motionEye OS with RPi at home. Camera module is broken. Looking to buy Ubiquiti cameras. UniFi UVC-G3. Searching the forum is not that great. I also have a virtual instance of Synology Diskstation with synology surveillance station (not configured yet). Synology does not work with these cameras based on Synology FAQ. UVC-G3 should be able to send RTSP. Can Homey grab that somehow? 
Having IP cameras is a major concern for me and a dealbreaker.

Best regards Daniel 

Comments

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited November 2017
    Hi!

I have motionEye OS with RPi at home. Camera module is broken. Looking to buy Ubiquiti cameras. UniFi UVC-G3. Searching the forum is not that great. I also have a virtual instance of Synology Diskstation with synology surveillance station (not configured yet). Synology does not work with these cameras based on Synology FAQ. UVC-G3 should be able to send RTSP. Can Homey grab that somehow? 
    Having IP cameras is a major concern for me and a dealbreaker.

Best regards Daniel 

IP camera's are not yet supported as device in Homey. There is a working synology surveillance app but you already say that won't work with your camera's. There is a image grabber app but the problem will be to define the trigger to capture an image if you can't connect the camera to Homey. You could write an app for your cameras (developer.athom.com) 
  • in the new homeyda.sh it wil maybe work, I posted

OctoOcto Member

Is it possible in the new homeydash (when its ready) to stream a rtsp:// videostream?

in the meantime I use split image on my IPad with the VLP streaming app. I'm looking for an URL videostreamer that supports PIP.
  • I am currently reverse engineering the Ubiquiti camera API, I might write a Homey app to support them specifically. It will support recording, live view, taking snapshots and probably a lot more. 
  • I would be very interested in this. I can test as I have a small setup with 2 UBNT Cams and a virtual NVR. 
  • @jeroenbrosens Did you get started on the reverse engineering yet? i would love to follow the progress on this :)
  • 2Be2Be Member
    If the camera supports taking a snapshot from an url you can always use the image grabber app.