This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Flows

generic light flow

Hi,

Today I have created a lot of "turn on lights when movement is detected" flows like this example:

With many zones, this will be a nightmare to maintain.

A while ago I added a generic motion alarm flow like this:

This works as expected; if someone moves within the kitchen, I get a push notification that someone moved in that zone. And this got me thinking about all the light controlling flows.

I then tried to create a flow like this, but that was not possible.

Is there an other way to create a "generic movement"->"turn on light in that zone" flow?
Tagged:

Comments

• Take the logic card and put it in the middle colom. Drag the "zone" tag into the card and pick ur zone.

• I don't see how that will help me. I want to create a generic light controlling flow. ONE flow that works in all zones. So if the motion alarm turns on in the kitchen, the light in the kitchen will be turned on. If the motion alarm turns on in the bathroom, the light in the bathroom will be turned on. And so on..
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited February 2018
    idarlund said:
    I don't see how that will help me. I want to create a generic light controlling flow. ONE flow that works in all zones. So if the motion alarm turns on in the kitchen, the light in the kitchen will be turned on. If the motion alarm turns on in the bathroom, the light in the bathroom will be turned on. And so on..
    One flow for everything won't work but you can make triggers / classes. In the folder trigger you make all kind of triggers like time/motion/countdown app etc and each trigger will be a flow. At each flow you change a variable wich you catch in a class flow to turn on/off your x light(s) for example. 

Example triggers:

So in this case you see all kind of triggers just for the toilet light wich i catch in my class flow

• Thanks for your reply, but I don't see how that makes it easier either. You actually need more flows than I do (because you've included the light switch, which I have directly associated instead).
    Today I've made the Guest Bathroom like this to turn on the lights:

And to turn off the lights, I've added an off flow like this:

And then i reproduce these flows for each room. That makes it 2 flows for each room. In your example I would still need at least 2 flows for each room to be able to do the same.

I guess I should add a feature request so that turning on/off lights is possible to be programmed like the motion alarm I mentioned in my first post.
    on.PNG 853.4K
    off.PNG 706.4K
  • idarlund said:
    Thanks for your reply, but I don't see how that makes it easier either. You actually need more flows than I do (because you've included the light switch, which I have directly associated instead).
    Today I've made the Guest Bathroom like this to turn on the lights:

And to turn off the lights, I've added an off flow like this:

And then i reproduce these flows for each room. That makes it 2 flows for each room. In your example I would still need at least 2 flows for each room to be able to do the same.

I guess I should add a feature request so that turning on/off lights is possible to be programmed like the motion alarm I mentioned in my first post.
    I don't include the switch so other triggers for example alarm can trigger the variable and turn on the light. When you have that direct in your flow like your example your flow only go on with the trigger motion. So yes more flows than you but in the end i will have lesser flows because i can reuse the variable