This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

Homeyda.sh - Web based dashboard for Homey

Comments

• Nice work! Keep it up, you're getting there :)
    Before the above works, don't forget to clear the cache of your browser.
  • @Tim_Brass
    I actually asked Athom about this, they current way i retrieve the datapoints isn't the best.
    It grabs the first 10 min of the day/week/month and grab the first point within that set. If there isn't anything logged in those first minutes, you will get no data.
  • swttt said:
    And as promised the plugin tutorial: https://www.patreon.com/posts/creating-weather-17089682
    The created plugin is live and on GitHub as well :smile:

Let me know what you guys think!
    Getting the following error when running npm run scaffold:

λ npm run scaffold
    > quasar-app@1.0.0 scaffold D:\Solide Webservices\Github\SDK2\HomeyDash
    > node scripts/create.js
    module.js:538
        throw err;
        ^
    Error: Cannot find module 'shelljs'
        at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:536:15)
        at Function.Module._load (module.js:466:25)
        at Module.require (module.js:579:17)
        at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
        at Object.<anonymous> (D:\Solide Webservices\Github\SDK2\HomeyDash\scripts\create.js:3:15)
        at Module._compile (module.js:635:30)
        at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:646:10)
        at Module.load (module.js:554:32)
        at tryModuleLoad (module.js:497:12)
        at Function.Module._load (module.js:489:3)
    npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
    npm ERR! errno 1
    npm ERR! quasar-app@1.0.0 scaffold: `node scripts/create.js`
    npm ERR! Exit status 1
    npm ERR!
    npm ERR! Failed at the quasar-app@1.0.0 scaffold script.
    npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.
    npm WARN Local package.json exists, but node_modules missing, did you mean to install?

Of course I can fix this by doing npm install shelljs but I'll bump into another needed library, prompt in this case.  If I install that as well I can continue. You might want to include that in the documentation.

• swtttswttt Member
    edited February 2018
    @Phuturist
    Huhm...weird both are included in the devDepencies within the package.json :/

Edit: my bad, tutorial didn't mentioned npm install.
  • New version is live! :smile:

New:
    Switches list
    - Edit widgets
    - Easier widgets settings (for development)
  • Looks good with the switches list, just the functionality I was waiting for!
    But when when I switch from the dashboard tab to another tab and back, all the widgets are on top of eachother again. :(
  • @MaRa
    you might want to clear your localstorage first. Might be it collides with old widgets at the moment
  • MaRaMaRa Member
    edited February 2018
    Pressing ctrl-f5 (which normally works when I don't see the new functionality) doesn't work now. 

I also tried it with a different browser, but then i don't see anything. Is this an intended feature so that different dashboards can be made for different devices?
  • Confirmed, even after clearing cache. Once new devices are added, switch tab, back, all widgets are stacked on top of each other. in the upper left corner.
  • Pretty sure its because of the local storage, can't reproduce it locally.

Going to add a clear local storage button, lets see if that would fix things.
  • swttt said:
    Pretty sure its because of the local storage, can't reproduce it locally.

Going to add a clear local storage button, lets see if that would fix things.

Works fine here
  • Just pushed an update.
    This will have a remove local storage button in Settings->Info->Danger zone

Could you try @MaRa  @RuudvB ?
  • swttt said:
    Just pushed an update.

For me it works.

Soms findings: when I add the second switch gadget without exiting edit mode first it removes the one I made before and replaces it with a duplicate of the one I just made.

I cannot resize the weather or switch widgets?

Also I would prefer the entire switch to be a button instead of the small button to the right. This is very small on an 8 inch tablet :)

For the rest: Whooooot!
  • Mecallie said:
    swttt said:
    Just pushed an update.

For me it works.

Soms findings: when I add the second switch gadget without exiting edit mode first it removes the one I made before and replaces it with a duplicate of the one I just made.

I cannot resize the weather or switch widgets?

Also I would prefer the entire switch to be a button instead of the small button to the right. This is very small on an 8 inch tablet :)

For the rest: Whooooot!
    Same comments here. 
    It looks great!
  • With the clear local storrage button it works and the widgets are not on top of eachother again after switching tabs. Luckily I don't have a lot of devices or a lot of widgets in use, so putting all things back, after this reset, doesn't take a lot of time. But I can imagine that people would not be happy when they have a lot of widgets in the future.

But keep up the good work and thanks for the sollution!
  • canedjecanedje Member
    edited February 2018
    This works perfect on Chrome an looks great!
    I can switch a bulb on, but the slider is not moving. After switching on I can not switch it off anymore.
    I also can make one switch box. If I like to add another one both boxes are the same
    On my iPad I can not add widges. Is this right?

• canedje said:
    This works perfect on Chrome an looks great!
    I can switch a bulb on, but the slider is not moving. After switching on I can not switch it off anymore.
    I also can make one switch box. If I like to add another one both boxes are the same
    On my iPad I can not add widges. Is this right?

Add one widget. Reload the page. Now you should be able to add another without this being a dublicate of the first.
  • swttt said:
    Just pushed an update.

After using the clear local storage option you have added, it works. Strange that things didn't work before...
    Anyhow, all works well now!
  • @swttt
    I just fiddled some time with the dashboard, really looking good! You even have crypto's operational, very nice :)
    When trying to add a webcam, just the ip-address, there are no options for user/password? Will that be added later? 
  • MaRaMaRa Member
    edited February 2018
    Crypto's...nice!!
    I added some crypto's and in the multiple overview it is working good. But When selecting the euro currency, I get NaN :(
    I also tried the widget in single mode, but because of the number of currency's, the widget is now higher than the dashboard. Therefor I can not remove the widget because the edit buttons seem to be somewhere in the air above my monitor :wink:
  • Wow Crypto & Camera support! Cool stuff @swttt
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited February 2018
    RuudvB said:
    @swttt
    I just fiddled some time with the dashboard, really looking good! You even have crypto's operational, very nice :)
    When trying to add a webcam, just the ip-address, there are no options for user/password? Will that be added later? 
    I have created the ipwebcam and cryptocurrency widget. I have tried to implement http basic authentication in the IP webcam widget but due to the way HomeyDash works this does not seem possible.

@MaRa I can not reproduce the euro's showing as NaN. Could you attach a screenshot? About the widget being to long, in single mode you should only select one crypto currency. For now you can probably drag it in edit mode until you dragged it enough to reach the edit button again. I'll see if I can make it more failsafe.
  • Phuturist said:
    RuudvB said:
    @swttt
    I have created the ipwebcam and cryptocurrency widget. I have tried to implement http basic authentication in the IP webcam widget but due to the way HomeyDash works this does not seem possible.

@MaRa I can not reproduce the euro's showing as NaN. Could you attach a screenshot? About the widget being to long, in single mode you should only select one crypto currency. For now you can probably drag it in edit mode until you dragged it enough to reach the edit button again. I'll see if I can make it more failsafe.
    Thanks! Looking good, ip webcam is working but is not a stream.
  • Phuturist said:
    RuudvB said:
    @swttt

What browser are you using with HomeyDash? I assume you mean you are getting a static image, this would assume your browser does not support mjpeg like IE11.
  • Phuturist said:
    Phuturist said:
    RuudvB said:
    @swttt

What browser are you using with HomeyDash? I assume you mean you are getting a static image, this would assume your browser does not support mjpeg like IE11.
    Google Chrome
  • Video stream is working for me, in Chrome on a Mac.
  • koeniebertkoeniebert Member
    edited February 2018
    Eternity said:
    Video stream is working for me, in Chrome on a Mac.
    Could this be something in the chrome settings? Also running on a mac.
  • Might be worth creating some issues on https://github.com/swttt/HomeyDash/issues
    Better to keep track
  • You're making nice efforts! Awesome! But it seems to only work on my desktop using Microsoft edge.. Chrome is not working on my desktop and tablet.. At least, I cannot add widgets.. Is this a known thing?

Also, I like to add my IP camera stream as well.. I'm using a Foscam R2. How can I get the right URL?

And last but not least, is using a custom  background en changing the colors high on the list? Personally I like that a lot of the old homey dash version I am using on my wall tablet. 
  • Changing themes isn't high on the list (and requires some rewriting). Adding widgets should work, just the modals seem to hang so now and then. You could try removing the localstorage from Settings->Info->Danger zone