This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

Homeyda.sh - Web based dashboard for Homey

Comments

• swttt said:
    It is running on my own VPS. Nothing gets stored on the server, and the code is completely open source. 

Once you logged in trough Athom their servers, HomeyDash will store a cookie that is used to do the api calls to Homey. So by removing the cookie, you revoke access to your Homey as well. (Plus you have to login every 2 weeks anyway since it expires)
    Are you not planning to intergrate Spotify? 
  • swttt said:
    It is running on my own VPS. Nothing gets stored on the server, and the code is completely open source. 

Once you logged in trough Athom their servers, HomeyDash will store a cookie that is used to do the api calls to Homey. So by removing the cookie, you revoke access to your Homey as well. (Plus you have to login every 2 weeks anyway since it expires)
    Thanks!
  • Sure, Spotify or Homey Music is still planned but way down the list. At least after the dashboard and alarm.
  • Are you also planning to add the option to change the colors of the LIFX lights? Just like Athom has done with the new smartphone app.
  • I do, still not sure on how to handle it tho.

I am actually thinking of rewriting the devices widgets so they match the Athom class. Then loop trough the expected capabilities.
  • So... pushed another update. (really worked 4 hours non stop on getting just 2 types of data <span>:open_mouth:</span> )

Nevertheless, this is what changed:
    - Added settings and made them persistent (in local storage)
    - Alarm panel buttons should work, made it ready enough to integrate it into the api
    - Added a setting for the power usage overview (default device selection)
    - Showing todays usage so far and this weeks usage so far

I want to add 3 boxes to the top of the page that show "Todays usage", "This weeks usage", "This months usage" and within the box compare them to the day, week or month before.
    Below that it should show a graph of the last 30 days.

Could you guys test/check if the todays used power and this week used power values match the actual values? It's kinda hard for me to check.

• swttt said:
    So... pushed another update. (really worked 4 hours non stop on getting just 2 types of data <span>:open_mouth:</span> )

Nevertheless, this is what changed:
    - Added settings and made them persistent (in local storage)
    - Alarm panel buttons should work, made it ready enough to integrate it into the api
    - Added a setting for the power usage overview (default device selection)
    - Showing todays usage so far and this weeks usage so far

I want to add 3 boxes to the top of the page that show "Todays usage", "This weeks usage", "This months usage" and within the box compare them to the day, week or month before.
    Below that it should show a graph of the last 30 days.

Could you guys test/check if the todays used power and this week used power values match the actual values? It's kinda hard for me to check.

Sorry I can't add a device in the settings menu??
  • Then you don’t have a device with measure_power and power_meter capabilities? If settings is just empty you might need to empty your cache.
  • exeldroexeldro Member
    edited February 2018
    I put the power usage device in the settings.
    But the power usage page gives me 0 kwh for both today and this week.

I see an unhandled timeout exception in my console
  • @exeldro
    Had the same with my initial tests when it was loading too much datapoints.
    A reload of the page normally fixed it for the day and week data, but might crash on the week data as well if its too many datapoints.
  • Its seems the current week value is off one day. moment.js decided that the week starts on sunday :smile:
  • So i crushed down the amount of datapoints, and improved the UI a bit.
    All the current data (this day, week and month) are realtime.
    The previous datasets are picked, so i get the first datapoint of yesterday and the last instead of the whole dataset.

Also changed the day a week starts from sunday to monday.

Let me know what you guys think :smile:
  • GadgetruudGadgetruud Member
    edited February 2018
    I was just looking at homeyda.sh and saw the alarm tab. Now my question is how I can use it with homey and where I can enter a pin code?
  • @Gadgetruud
    just not yet. The UI is done, but waiting on a api call to check the pin.

will post here when it’s 100% done.
  • @swttt Oke is goed dan wachten we daar op  :)
  • With the current version I still get timeout errors on the power-usage page the first time I load the page.
    But the second time I got this error:
    Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'state' of undefined
        at s.<anonymous> (https://homeyda.sh/js/app.js:1:8152)
        at Generator._invoke (https://homeyda.sh/js/vendor.js:16:909329)
        at Generator.e.(anonymous function) [as next] (https://homeyda.sh/js/vendor.js:16:908463)
        at <anonymous>
  • You sure you cleared you cache? I should have fixed that error <span>:open_mouth:</span>

• Anyway, another small update:
    - Added a remove button on the widgets (You might need to remove your local storage first before it works!)
    - Added settings to hide menu items
    Made the menu dynamic. Items are pulled from the store. (Might need to clear the local storage here as well!)
  • swttt said:
    Anyway, another small update:
    - Added a remove button on the widgets (You might need to remove your local storage first before it works!)
    Made the menu dynamic. Items are pulled from the store. (Might need to clear the local storage here as well!)
    Works good!
  • canedjecanedje Member
    edited February 2018
    swttt said:
    Anyway, another small update:
    Removing is not working oke.
    I did have two boxes (Box 0 and box1) I tried to remove box 1 by the "x", but box 0 removed.
    adding a new box gives as text : Box 1 and a very long number off characters
  • Had the same, but heen removing all boxes and adding new ones the remove option is working ok
  • @canedje
    That must have been "old" boxes without a proper ID, thats why i added you might need to remove the localstorage first ;)
  • spoelly said:
    Had the same, but heen removing all boxes and adding new ones the remove option is working ok
    Indeed. The same here. But the long Numbers still excists
  • So, i have decided that HomeyDash actually should run on its own server. At the moment it's sharing resource with another project of mine.

For that i created a patreon page you shouldn't feel obliged in any way!
    But just a bit of support if you really like the app would be nice.

https://www.patreon.com/homeydash
  • @swttt hi bas, I just saw that the data on the power usage page is not correct. I use a Toon of eneco. on homeyda.sh is a today of 8.88KWH and a week of 7.91KWH but in the Toon app and on the Toon itself is a today of 12.4kWh and a week of 30.4kWh. hopefully you have something to do with this and if I can help you with something I like to hear it
  • @Gadgetruud
    huhm... could you check the data points logged into insights? I guess they might log different then the toon app itself. I grab the first 10 min of a day, week or month (so between 0:00 and 00:10) and the last one 23:50 and 00:00. Could you check those? And do newValue minus oldValue?
  • mistaoutlawmistaoutlaw Member
    edited February 2018
    Hi @swttt thanks for the app.
    Also thanks for adding the recent functionality to hide menu items.
    Removing widgets works as well, can't wait for real widgets. 

I do have a couple of wishes, not sure where to mention these. Would it possible to: 
    - Change the order of devices freely?
    - to hide the sidebar menu with zones?
    Everytime when my tablet wakes up the Fully Kiosk reloads the page and the sidebar is shown again
    - to consider integrating the Heimdall app / functionality?
    - to add video streams?

Thanks! 
  • @mistaoutlaw

huhm... good points.

Making the devices overview draggable or change order isn't high on the to-do list (actually never thought about it before). Something i am going to do that could make life more easy, is to mark certain devices as favorites. On top of the zones list will be another zone called favorites with just those devices.

I could make the sidebar state persistent, will look into that.

Heimdall integration is coming, but needs changes in the homeyalarm service and heimdall itself.

Video streams is a pain in the ass to get right, tried it in the V3 and that wasn't the best solution. Still need to figure that one out...

The first few things on the agenda:
    - making widgets and plugins development easier (more like building blocks)
    - the same as above but then for the settings
    - some first widgets
    - finish the power usage
    - finish heimdall integration
    - create device favorites

And  not in that particular order tho
  • mistaoutlawmistaoutlaw Member
    edited February 2018
    Hi @swttt thanks for your reply. 
    I understand and will patiently wait for updates.
    Appreciate the effort you put in to make this possible :

• @mistaoutlaw
    Looking good! :smiley:

I just pushed another update, on the UI there didn't change much but "22 changed files with 368 additions and 140 deletions."

The plugin system is finished....hold your horses...plugins are like the "pages" you see NOT the widgets for the dashboard itself.
    On the other hand, i made it as easy as possible to create your own plugins with just a little HTML and JS knowledge.
    Docs are still to be made, but you can look at the examples on GitHub: https://github.com/swttt/HomeyDash/tree/master/src/components/plugins

The settings page changed a bit as well, since plug-ins can create their own settings.