This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official CommunityApp SDK2

[APP] Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home.

Comments

• thx, will do that
  • New version has been submitted for approval:

Version 0.1.8

When there is a lot of history retrieving it from Homey takes some CPU so it is changed that the history is only retrieved when it is needed; when the Dashboard tab in the settings is opened in a browser. Previously it was retrieved when any tab of the settings was opened in a browser. There is also a button available to manually get the History from Homey when Auto refresh is turned off. 
  • Great. That will reduce the cpu usage off homey. Perhaps this causes the issue with my tado app. But only perhaps. I will see
  • Well, don’t expect to much of it, the impact was only there when the settings page was opened. Heimdall is practicaly always sleeping until a event from a sensor is sent to it, only then it will do something or do nothing depending on the Surveillance Mode state.
  • ok, well was just a thought. keep on the great work :-)

• New version is approved and published:

Version 0.1.8

• Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited February 2018
    Well, don’t expect to much of it, the impact was only there when the settings page was opened. Heimdall is practicaly always sleeping until a event from a sensor is sent to it, only then it will do something or do nothing depending on the Surveillance Mode state.
    Thanks!
    Even though it was only limited to the settings, it did almost render my Homey unusable at that time, so this will be much easier to have the settings open and do some testing at the same time :)
  • Don't seem to be able to turn off the "auto refresh" function.
    Anyone else noticing the same ?

Another small issue (sometimes) the alarm does not seem to pick up motion from the sensors, not sure if Heimdall issue of Zigbee issue. Anyone else ?

Other than that all going well....quite stable

Andrew
  • Is it possible to require two or more sensor to be triggered?
    I have house full of sensors, but don't want to risk false alarms.

Good work btw.
  • @rockhoppers
    Hi Andrew, I can't reproduce, for me it is possible to disable the Auto refresh function.
    Can you pen the console on chrome (rightclick on an empty spot in the Heimdall settings page and select Inspect.Next select Console from the tabs, see screenshots below) 

You should be seeing something like this which scrolls every second because new lines are written:

What happens when you untick the Auto refresh setting?

Opening console on Chrome:

• qtech said:
    Is it possible to require two or more sensor to be triggered?

Good work btw.
    Not at the moment, if more people want this I can look into this. You say two or more; are you thinking about a global setting or being able to group certain sensors yourself?
  • Yes, when is uncheck the auto refresh box the updates stop.
    But when i leave the app, by clicking on the devices page or the like, and then go back to the app the box is rechecked.
    It is like it is not saving the change.
    Andrew

• Does this help any ?
    Also using 1.5.6. RC6 if that helps
    Andrew

• Yes, when is uncheck the auto refresh box the updates stop.
    But when i leave the app, by clicking on the devices page or the like, and then go back to the app the box is rechecked.
    It is like it is not saving the change.
    Andrew

Ah, I see what you mean, it's not saving it for me either! Thanks for catching that, I'll fix it!

(Made a github issue for it: https://github.com/daneedk/com.uc.heimdall/issues/10)
  • 2Be2Be Member
    edited February 2018
    First of all, great app. Just bought you a beer.
    Is it possible to include the update messages you post in the forum in the readme? 
    When an app is updated I most often look in the appstore description for the update info.
  • @2Be Thanks!

I didn't post the change log on the app page deliberately as I don't want to get a endless list there. I understand you'd like to see what's changed after an update so I will add the last change to it and remove previous with a clearer link to Github where the full change log can be found.
  • @rockhoppers
    Just looked through the code and older code too, the settings on the Dashboard tab (Auto refresh and Use colors) were never saved ;) 
    They are saved from version 0.1.9 that I hope to release soon.
  • qtech said:

Good work btw.
    Not at the moment, if more people want this I can look into this. You say two or more; are you thinking about a global setting or being able to group certain sensors yourself?
    i have the same situation. Have lots of sensors. And sometimes one triggers because someone walked by the window very closely. This creates a false trigger. 

So a global setting would work fine for me. I know that nobody can walk around and only hit 1 one sensor.
  • Hi there, i've been testing heimdall for a few days now and i looks great, set it up for automatic arming/disarming based on location and works 10/10 so far.

The only downside i found so far is i can't tell if all sensors are "online" and closed. In my example i know the "bar window" sensor is out of range and homey remembers it in "open" position. Heimdall however doens't seem to care. I don't think its possible to let heimdall check if all sensors are online, but would it be posible to add a pre-arming check, to let heimdall read all configured sensor positions and make a flowcard with a tag so this can be used in a flow. For example, heimdall is set to activated, checks and makes homey say "attention, bar window is stil open". 

Im already trying to make such a flow manual but so far i haven't managed.

Or, if this is already possible, what did i oversee?
  • Would be nice to maybe use the last_update value to check when was the last time it reported in.
    Where i am not sure if a device reports in when not changing state tho...
  • rickp said:
    Hi there, i've been testing heimdall for a few days now and i looks great, set it up for automatic arming/disarming based on location and works 10/10 so far.

The only downside i found so far is i can't tell if all sensors are "online" and closed. In my example i know the "bar window" sensor is out of range and homey remembers it in "open" position. Heimdall however doens't seem to care. I don't think its possible to let heimdall check if all sensors are online, but would it be posible to add a pre-arming check, to let heimdall read all configured sensor positions and make a flowcard with a tag so this can be used in a flow. For example, heimdall is set to activated, checks and makes homey say "attention, bar window is stil open". 

Im already trying to make such a flow manual but so far i haven't managed.

Or, if this is already possible, what did i oversee?
    There is no pre-arming check done at the moment, it's something I want to add but I have to work out how to make the information available to the user, not sure yet.
  • quakerix said:
    qtech said:

Good work btw.
    i have the same situation. Have lots of sensors. And sometimes one triggers because someone walked by the window very closely. This creates a false trigger. 

So a global setting would work fine for me. I know that nobody can walk around and only hit 1 one sensor.
    Maybe a sort of Defqon situation is possible?

I tought I heard @mruiter mention once he build up his home security in flows like 1 trigger is Defqon 1 (a push message trigger), 2 triggers is Defqon 2 (sound the alarm) 3 triggers is Defqon 3 (Make the lights blink and play a warning message on the Home stereo), 4 triggers is Defqon 4 (makes all the rolling shutters close and lock up the burglar). 

Maybe make Defqon 1-4 configurable and you can use each status in a flow.... 

I know I ask a lot, but maybe a new possibility for the future.
    Already love the start of cooperation between Heimdall and Homeyda.sh.
  • :D Haha yes indeed.  I had this before my homey with all the flows got corrupted by a os core bug and i swapped it for the super homey.
    The defcon 4 i would like to test for once real time. never got triggered het accept in the test
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited February 2018
    New version submitted to the app store awaiting approval by Athom

Version 0.1.9

• Added saving Auto refresh and Use colors settings on Dashboard tab in settings
    • Code cleanup, preparing for release
  • 2Be said:
    quakerix said:
    qtech said:

Good work btw.

Maybe a sort of Defqon situation is possible?

I tought I heard @mruiter mention once he build up his home security in flows like 1 trigger is Defqon 1 (a push message trigger), 2 triggers is Defqon 2 (sound the alarm) 3 triggers is Defqon 3 (Make the lights blink and play a warning message on the Home stereo), 4 triggers is Defqon 4 (makes all the rolling shutters close and lock up the burglar). 

Maybe make Defqon 1-4 configurable and you can use each status in a flow.... 

I know I ask a lot, but maybe a new possibility for the future.
    Already love the start of cooperation between Heimdall and Homeyda.sh.
    That’s exactly what I was going for in my flows.
  • TonD83TonD83 Member
    edited February 2018
    I really love this app as it has a lot of potential! But for me it's either not really working or I'm too stupid to understand. Probably the latter..

Anyway... I have some sensors selected but the alarm doesn't trigger:

This is happening all the time, always saying 'no alarm trigger due to running delay countdown', but I have not checked the 'Delayed trigger' on any of the sensors. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: I DID have a 30 second delay on the front door sensor. Seems something got stuck somehow. Any clue what I can try to get things going again? 
  • @TonD83 that was a bug in version 0.1.6 and should be fixed on 0.1.7, what version are you on? 
    (Versions can be found here: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/65913/#Comment_65913)

What you could try is:
    - Add a delay to a device.
    - Set the Surveillance Mode to Armed.
    Activate/Trip the sensor you gave the delay.
    - Set the Surveillance Mode to Disarmed before the countdown runs out.

That should at least set the variable that keeps track if a countdown is running to false.

After that you can remove the delay from the device to your liking and do a new test.

Please let me know if this solves your issue.
  • I'm on 0.1.8 since this morning, was 0.1.7... I'll try your suggestion later, I'm not at home now and neither is the cleaning lady so I can't trip any sensors :) 
  • You could perhaps add an (optional)  user configurable weight for each sensor and base the alarm trigger on the (sum of the) weight of the triggering devices? 

This way you can avoid tripping the alarm if a single sensor of lesser importance (or reliability) triggers, but still use those sensors in the alarm triggering.

I am using a similar weighted 'point system' for presence detection, as I want presence to not only work for family members with smartphones  ;)
  • TonD83TonD83 Member
    edited February 2018
    @DaneeDeKruyff Tried your suggestion but unfortunately still the same problem :( 

Edit: tried again and it seems to be working now. Maybe I forgot a sensor or made a mistake first attempt. Thanks, will see if it keeps working now :) 
This discussion has been closed.