This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
doorlock

Nuki doorlock

Comments

• Homey doesnt respond to lock changes. The list of callbacks displayed no callback. I manually added homey. But am not sure if I did it correct. Could you check?

{
        "callbacks": [
            {
                "id": 0,
                "url": " http://homeysip:80/api/app/io.nuki.smartlock/webhook"
            }
        ]
    }

where homeysip is the local IP adress of homey. When I try to reach this location I get a 404, so I think something is wrong with the url.

• erreenerreen Member
    edited November 2017
    Just for the record, I want to buy a Nuki Smart Lock very soon. Is it true that I can connect it to Homey so that I do not need an expensive bridge?
  • erreen said:
    Just for the record, I want to buy a Nuki Smart Lock very soon. Is it true that I can connect it to Homey so that I do not need an expensive bridge?
    No, you need the bridge to connect it to Homey. Since the Nuki Smart lock uses Bluetooth, you can't currently connect it to Homey. It might be possible to do later on, but your Homey would have to be really close to your Nuki. I would still advice to buy the bridge.
  • Hi all, I was just wondering; how are the experiences so far?
  • Jerryvdv said:
    Hi all, I was just wondering; how are the experiences so far?
    I personally love the lock. I never use my key anymore, except when I went grocery shopping which is too close for Nuki to detect that I was gone.

I doubleclick the button on the lock to make it lock after 20 seconds, when I leave and want it locked.
    When I am away for > 150 meters, Nuki detects that I am out of my home zone and will unlock when I get in front of the lock with my Bluetooth on (which is always on because I need it in my car and for my Apple Watch).

I use it in combination with my iPhone X and it works very smoothly. It usually auto-unlocks exactly in time, sometimes I have to get my phone out of my pocket and wake it up, and very rarely it doesn't autounlock fast enough and I have to use the app on my phone.
  • jorden said:
    erreen said:
    No, you need the bridge to connect it to Homey. Since the Nuki Smart lock uses Bluetooth, you can't currently connect it to Homey. It might be possible to do later on, but your Homey would have to be really close to your Nuki. I would still advice to buy the bridge.

Thnx  Nuki + bridge it will be.
  • I can confirm this, much much more better as the Danalock, it never been happends since 6 Months with connection failures, very lucky and stable. Here in Germany we can do Close and open with Alexa too. 
  • @jorden

Could you look into my question? It still doesnt work. :)
  • I just ordered a nuki + bridge and a fob for my daughter. Will report:-)
  • brot84 said:
    I can confirm this, much much more better as the Danalock, it never been happends since 6 Months with connection failures, very lucky and stable. Here in Germany we can do Close and open with Alexa too. 
    What version of Danalock you've had? I'm also looking for a smartlock and my choice was a Danalock v3 until I've readed this post ;-)
  • Well guys i must say i am pretty impressed of this Nuki doorlock. I had some trouble after successful installation. i couldn‘t update my lock with my iphone and also No bluetooth Connection to the bridge for what i needed to look after the token. 

But after using the iphone of my wife all went fine. 

I ordered one of the last getable fobs for my daughter and than i am glad with the decision for nuki instead of the danalock. The danalock will also be Great i think. 
  • Just checked at my new house and I have a 3 point doorlock that only can be locked if I put the door hendle upwards. I can't lock the door when I rotate the key from the inside. WIll nuki work with this type of lock?
  • Count_B said:
    Just checked at my new house and I have a 3 point doorlock that only can be locked if I put the door hendle upwards. I can't lock the door when I rotate the key from the inside. WIll nuki work with this type of lock?
    Nuki only controls the cillinder but Nuki website can answer that in just a quick installation check -> https://nuki.io/en/installation-check/
  • Count_B said:
    Just checked at my new house and I have a 3 point doorlock that only can be locked if I put the door hendle upwards. I can't lock the door when I rotate the key from the inside. WIll nuki work with this type of lock?
    I've got the same type of door, just 5 locking points. Door handle must go up first before the key can be rotated.
    Nuki only rotates the key, it has no way to lift up the handle.
    But for all my house occupants even before installing Nuki, it become second nature that the door handle must go up even if not intended to lock the door with the key. Hence, Nuki has no problems to lock the door.
    Once the door is locked with the key, there is no need to have the door handle up again so Nuki easily unlocks the door for us.
  • What i like about nuki (since a few updates) is the auto unlock + unlatch. Where i never expected it to work, it works awesome. I don't have a door handle on the outside, but adjust the hinges(? scharnieren) a bit, so when i aproach the door in unlatches and opens a few cm. 
  • Count_B said:
    I have the same lock and it’s not gonna work!
  • the state of the doorlock isn't reportet. would be fine if i can push messages to my phone if it is unlocked etc..
    made an issue: https://github.com/jordenc/io.nuki.smartlock/issues/11

• phil_s said:
    the state of the doorlock isn't reportet. would be fine if i can push messages to my phone if it is unlocked etc..

I have this issue since the app was modified from pull to push and have never got this to work properly. I have given up since a long time to get this working with Homey
  • Ok @Huipri Then the app will be deleted.  
  • PhaetonPhaeton Member
    edited March 2018
    I had the same. I manually added the adress of homey to the nuki doorlock through the API of the doorlock. This worked out fine. Instructions where somewhere in this thread. plugin works fine now.
  • Phaeton said:
    I had the same. I manually added the adress of homey to the nuki doorlock through the API of the doorlock. This worked out fine. Instructions where somewhere in this thread. plugin works fine now.
    That is not the issue with my configuration. 
    When I check the callbacks in Nuki, there is exactly 1: my Homey.
    Why it is not working, I don’t know. Sometimes out of the blue Homey runs one of my Nuki test flows that tell me the lock state.
    I intend to make a separate Windows .Net listener app and register its address to Nuki also.
    If that app reacts to lock state changes as expected, I’m inclined to think something is wrong with the Nuki connection to Homey. We ‘ll see....
  • Huipri said:
    phil_s said:
    the state of the doorlock isn't reportet. would be fine if i can push messages to my phone if it is unlocked etc..

I have this issue since the app was modified from pull to push and have never got this to work properly. I have given up since a long time to get this working with Homey
    It works for me every time. You need, however, to use the cards of the app, not the status card of the lock. The last one doesn't work.
    Same thing happens with the Danalock and it could be that the problem is with Homey, not the apps.
  • jorden said:
    Huipri said:
    phil_s said:

It works for me every time. You need, however, to use the cards of the app, not the status card of the lock. The last one doesn't work.
    Same thing happens with the Danalock and it could be that the problem is with Homey, not the apps.
    I'm not sure what you mean by this.
    The available trigger-cards: 

- 'A lock just unlocked'
    - 'A lock just locked'
    - 'Lockstate changes', with the green 'Lockstate' tag
    - 'Battery is critical'

I use the first 2, they don't work.
    Do you mean I should use the 3rd one?

• This one works for me every time:

• jorden said:
    This one works for me every time:

Ok, I have now modified my flows, and it works with this triggercard.

Why are the other cards still present if they do not work?
    Also, this is the very first time on this forum that I hear about these other cards not working.
    Very frustrating, or did I miss something?
  • Huipri said:
    jorden said:
    This one works for me every time:

Ok, I have now modified my flows, and it works with this triggercard.

Why are the other cards still present if they do not work?
    Also, this is the very first time on this forum that I hear about these other cards not working.
    Very frustrating, or did I miss something?
    I am currently lacking the time to look at the problem. Also have to convert this app to Homey SDK v2 which will take up some time.
    I have 2 companies to run and an active social life; creating apps is just a hobby. I'll get there eventually.
  • jorden said:
    Ah then I have something to fix in the app. You can, for now, manually fix it by calling the following URL in your browser (just once):

http://<ip of Nuki bridge>:<port of Nuki bridge>/callback/add?url=http://<HOMEY IP>/api/app/io.nuki.smartlock/webhook&token=<token here>

Hope that works for you :)
    Just for the record @jorden, I just added my Nuki and had to set the callback URL manually to get the bridge to talk to Homey. Not sure why it didnt work out of the box. Other than that, great app. Didnt find a donation button under the Nuki app so I used the telegram app donation button to show a little appreciation.
  • @Phuturist Thanks a lot! I have noticed that the functionality to set the URL does not work 100%, so will have to redo it in the next version.
    Nuki also released an update to their API which will make the process better; I can now see which Nuki bridges are available on the "current network" so you don't have to add the IP yourself. And I can also make it so you have to press the Nuki lock button to add it, instead of having to enter the API key.

Still need to start on the new version though.
  • jordenjorden Member
    Version 0.2.2 just submitted to the appstore for validation (so not yet available).

Small update, I actually just changed an uppercase L to a lowercase version. Big consequences though! It fixes 2 trigger cards that didn't work correctly, as well as the state of the lock in the app is now updated correctly.

New version will be worked on soon, using the web API. Some new features will include:
    - Tag card on "who performed the (un)lock" action
    - No more fiddling around with the token of your Nuki lock; just select the lock, the app will instruct you to press the button on it to pair it
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    great to hear @jorden
    thank you