This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official

[App] NetAtmo by Athom (v2.1.2) [beta(V3.0.2)]

edited July 2018 in Apps
This discussion is started to centralize all Questions, Answers and Information around the NetAtmo App for the Weather Station and Thermostat (https://apps.athom.com/app/com.netatmo)

Currently supporting:
  • the NetAtmo Weather Station with modules 
  • the NetAtmo Thermostat.
Athom is working on optimization and rewrite for API v2  and adding support for: 
  • Welcome
  • Healthy Home Coach
There is no real ETA for a release. 

atm there is no information about upcoming support for the other NetAtmo products:
  • Presence
  • Tags
  • Smart Smoke Alarm
Don't discus them here (until they are added) but vote or ask Athom or the Community to add support for devices you have on their Trello Board (https://trello.com/b/aYBmd9Ru/athoms-public-timeline-for-homey

The NetAtmo Weather station works good with the current stable Homey (v1.3.1)  and Experimental (tested 1.5.0) and App (v.2.1.2).
I didn't read much problems around the NetAtmo Thermostat,
(Will someone from the community confirm it works?)

Known Issues will be posted below. 
Be free to ask and discuss anything around these two devices here! 

App Contributors

Recently a community member (@caseda)  added support for Battery information and the cumulative Rain counters.

Forum Discussion

Initial Discussion created by @GeurtDijker with info from the community
Ask any Moderator to add/update/correct this Discussion.
Updated 20170829.
Tagged:

Comments

• GeurtDijkerGeurtDijker Member
    edited August 2017

NetAtmo API not stable

Although it worked stable for quit some time recently (from 5 august 2017) the NetAtmo API isn't working resulting in no Data in Homey and the App requests to re-run the Pair Wizard. 
    Sometimes this or restarting the NetAtmo App works if the API is up again, but it is already a returning problem for a couple of days.

On Twitter (@NetAtmoSupport ) and the NetAtmo Forum  (https://forum.netatmo.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8702) i see a lot of complaints. Ask NetAtmo support to fix it!

Pls do not remove the NetAtmo App from Homey as it wil remove your Insights an break existing flows! Just wait until the API is Stable again and Re-pair the NetAtmo devices.

Test if the api is up/down by opening: https://api.netatmo.net/  
    • It is working if you get a "{"error":{"code":404,"message":"method not found"}}"
    • The API isn't working if you get a msg like "refused to connect."
    or opening https://api.netatmo.com/  - I get now: 
    We’ll be back soon!Sorry for the inconvenience but we’re performing some maintenance at the moment.— Netatmo
    When NetAtmo is back, 
    Re-Pair in Homey: Go to Devices - Add a Device (even if you don't have other devices!), select your Account and follow the steps.

update 11/08:
    Got an e-mail from NetAtmo this morning  (11/08):  (Read here)
    The API should work again, I hope it will be stable again as the months before.
  • GeurtDijkerGeurtDijker Member
    edited August 2017

New Install NetAtmo pairing not started from Homey v1.5.0-RCx

Due to a change in Homey from version 1.5 it isn't possible to add a new Athom Account  in  the v2.1.1 App the normal way. The "Popup" during Pairing / authentication is blocked.

Workaround:
    using the pair Wizard on Chrome (on Windows) open the Developer Tools (Ctrl-Shift-I) and klik the blocked link in the console after adding a new Account. Authorize and switch back to the Homey Pair wizard.
    It works almost as normal. with except to the blocked link ;-) 
    an Issue on GitHub is created: https://github.com/athombv/com.netatmo/issues/20

UPDATE: This is fixed in app version v 2.1.2 from 2017-08-18!
  • Updates:  updated the above post, 
    pairing works again with NetAtmo App v2.1.2 on the  Homey v 1.5.0 RCs
    I have seen the communication between Homey and NetAtmo broken sometimes but whenever I checked the NetAtmo API is working. Re-pairing as stated in the above reply works!

There is a GitHub Issue for that: 

Reconnect to api.netatmo.net after url down #22

https://github.com/athombv/com.netatmo/issues/22

Athom is working on optimization and rewrite for API v2  and adding support for the NetAtmo Welcome! There is no  ETA for a release. 
  • I'm excited for Welcome support - looks like one of the best security cams on the market right now!
  • Today I lost connection to Netatmo for some strange reason. I removed the Netatmo app, reinstalled, tried to reconnect, no errors there, but the Netatmo (weather) devices are not back on Homey.
    Also rebooted the Homey, but still the same.
    I removed the rights for Homey at the Netatmo site, retried and Athom is listed at the Netatmo site, so that part is working, but still no devices at Homey
    Is there anything else I can check? 

• @Franz
    Did you re include the device's afterwards again as well? And not just reinstalled the app.
  • I removed the app.
    Reinstalled it from the app store.
    Added the netatmo as device, logged in at the popup and accepted the access for Homey to the Netatmo data.
    After that nothing happened. I would have expected the Indoor (main module), indoor (extra module), outdoor and rain gauge back at the list with devices, but unfortunately that was not the case
  • @caseda
    I just tried to remove the app again. Revoke the rights at Netatmo, rebooted Homey.
    Installed the app and started the create device. Pairing with Netatmo still works, but still no luck.
    Is there some logging I can look at Homey to see what is happening?
  • Just tried it again, now it works. The only thing I did different was at the Netatmo popup (logon) not check 'remember me'.
    Don't know if that did the trick or just luck
  • I'm new to Netatmo and tried to add my Netatmo to Homey.
    I've got the same Error (no devices). If also tried not to check 'remember me' but without luck.
    What can be the reason?
  • @abeggled
    I tried it (you probably also) multiple times and after a while it worked.
    I could not find a reason for the issue, maybe one of the developers can provide us with info if there is something like a log file or debug mode so we have more verbose 'errors/messages'
  • Again lost the connection, but now only for one module (main module), I can not re-pair. If I try it says no new devices found.
    I deleted the module, and at that point I could add it again, but lost the history of course.
    Still wondering how this is happening
  • MJ0MJ0 Member
    I cant connect my valves with homey... only my main thermostat shows up. what can I do?, or isnt it available yet?
  • MJ0 said:
    I cant connect my valves with homey... only my main thermostat shows up. what can I do?, or isnt it available yet?
    As you can see in the AppStore the Valves are not supported yet. 
    Welcome and Home Coach are added since the beta version 3.0.1 from 23.01.18. 
    You could ask Athom on GitHub to add support for it,
    That would place it on their list (if not already) but don't expect any timeline when it will be there.

• i want to check de difference between the outdoor temperature en the indoor temperature en on that result switch on the ventilation or off. for instance outdoor temp < indoor temp .
    i tried it with better logic what not worked or i did something wrong.
  • i, I do not get Netatmo connection. the pop-up works. Netatmo says im connected to Homey but Homey itself does not show the Netatmo. Whats going wrong? After a while a new pop-up says "{"success":false,"message":"invalid_id"}"
  • BramBram Member
    Which version of the app are you using?
  • v2.1.2 - 18.08.17  - 
  • after reinstall .. pop connect ok , pop up close and no device  
  • connection ok  : my.netatmo ,
    authorise : athom sdk v1   ok 
  • BramBram Member
    I got notified by another Homey user that Netatmo made some changes to their side of the connection. We are currently looking into this. Moreover, we are working on a new version of this app (SDK2) which will also resolve some of the current bugs.
  • Ok thanks 
  • Bram said:
    I got notified by another Homey user that Netatmo made some changes to their side of the connection. We are currently looking into this. Moreover, we are working on a new version of this app (SDK2) which will also resolve some of the current bugs.
    Any ETA on this?
    NetAtmo is completely "down", both in stable version and Beta version. Beta fails when trying to add the device, and Stable just doesnt add anything (but no pop up failures).
    It would be really appreciated for many users, if this is resolved quickly :-)
  • mengisen said:
    Bram said:
    Any ETA on this?
    NetAtmo is completely "down", both in stable version and Beta version. Beta fails when trying to add the device, and Stable just doesnt add anything (but no pop up failures).
    It would be really appreciated for many users, if this is resolved quickly :-)
    No changes according to Netatmo to the API -> https://dev.netatmo.com/resources/technical/support

Change log

March 7th, 2018

• Welcome API update: method Setpersonshome is now available

March 5th, 2018

• Thermostat API has evolved and now supports Valves

November 2nd, 2016

• Presence API is now available

October 11th, 2016

• Healthy Home Coach API is now available
    • Welcome API update: method Setpersonsaway is now available
    • Added a new tool to help you test and debug your wbhooks easily

June 23rd, 2016

• Welcome API update: Tags are now available

May 24th, 2016

• Introducing Netatmo Connect: our revamped developer platform

April 7th, 2016

• IFTTT: added wind gauge support

• I have the same problem.
    My Weather station with wind and rain sensors became disconnected. Tried to log in but nothing was shown in the pop up. I removed the devices. Tried to log in and I could connect. When I give Netatmo permission and the small login pop up is closed the bigger pop up just closes and no devices are added. Not tried the beta version yet.
  • BramBram Member
    @mengisen The developer just made a new update which we are now testing internally. After we are satisfied that it is working correctly we will release it to beta so other users can start testing it. I hope we can release the beta update in the upcoming weeks
  • I just tried the beta version. After confirming the permissions a new pop up is displayed that says [object Object] and an OK-button. After clicking on OK the main pop up "Follow the instructions" just shows the spinning cogwheel.

I really need this working for my exterior sunshades to protect them from strong winds.
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    my netatmo app vers 1.0.1 crashed also and won't work anymore. apps for homeautomation that are from athom should be fixed  quick. otherwise the homeautomation ist only a big experimental place which is not reliable and only for some nerds.

so please fix it soon (and not in some weeks @bram)
  • BramBram Member
    @phil_s We are doing the best we can, but we are with a small team so sometimes it can take a bit longer then anticipated. I can maybe invite some of you for the alpha test, so you can help with speeding up the proces?
  • Bram said:
    @phil_s We are doing the best we can, but we are with a small team so sometimes it can take a bit longer then anticipated. I can maybe invite some of you for the alpha test, so you can help with speeding up the proces?
    I'll be happy to help out :)
This discussion has been closed.