This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

[ALPHA] Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home.

1235»

Comments

• As expected. I was blind. Sorry for that and thank you for your help.

Regards
    Andreas
  • No problem, glad it still works :)
  • Finally had some time to play with Heimdall a bit more. Last week I've created some virtual sensors to enable/disable the alarm and do some other fancy stuff. Glad that al these manual, creative, solutions aren't necessary anymore with the new updates! Great work!! 

• since im "new" to this home surveillance systems like these.. im full unifi video supplied in my home..
    so forgive me my asking here.

but adding "delay" what is the purpose for that function?

Is it possible to add a siren? so that i can arm it WITH the siren blowing off if something happens, but without activating the siren if we are asleep etc?

Like different "types" of alarm situations?
  • skandshus said:

since im "new" to this home surveillance systems like these.. im full unifi video supplied in my home..
    so forgive me my asking here.

but adding "delay" what is the purpose for that function?

Is it possible to add a siren? so that i can arm it WITH the siren blowing off if something happens, but without activating the siren if we are asleep etc?

Like different "types" of alarm situations?
    Pretty much.

I intend to use it in two ways
    1) House Alarm Control
    2) Blue Iris Control camera security

tip: use the @ symbol to mention someone in your post. Says you quote and deleting.   :)   @skandshus
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited January 2018
    @martijns
    Thanks, I had all those manual creative solutions too and that motivated me to write this app.

@skandshus
    The 'delay' is meant to give you the time to either leave (when arming) or enter (to disarm) your house.
    Imagine you have a keypad indoors next to your front door and a sensor that monitors that door. If you were to enable a Surveillance Mode without a delay leaving your house would result in an alarm. Also when you come home and open your door you will have the time to disarm using the keypad.

You can decide yourself what you want to do when the alarm is activated, use the trigger card 'The alarm is activated' for that. So you can make a flow that turnes your siren on with that card, but also let it send a message for example.

I haven't looked into the capabilities/functionality of a sirene yet, at a later time I will and see what the possibilities are to integrate it into the app.

• Hi!, Can I test this app out as well?
    I work for a security company and replacing my own home alarm with your app would be great! I hope I can be of some use for you as well by supplying ideas commonly used in security land :)

Thanks !
  • I wonder... are you sticking with the name Heimdall? Or is that just whilst its in alpha?

I ask cause the name means nothing to me.. but it might be a dutch thing? :)
  • JPeJPe Member
    @konradwalsh ;  According to Wikipedia: 
    Heimdall or Heimdallr is the guardian of the gods in Norse mythology. He is the son of nine virgin sisters, daughters of Aegir. Snorri Sturluson calls Odin as his father.
    Heimdall is created from the foam of the surf. From the mist camp he creates a connecting curve from 
    Midgard to Asgard called Bifröst, consisting of vapor and light. Heimdal has the absolute hearing, 
    hears the grass and the wool grow, and blows on the Gjallarhorn.
  • I wonder... are you sticking with the name Heimdall? Or is that just whilst its in alpha?

I ask cause the name means nothing to me.. but it might be a dutch thing? :)
    Let me guess, you never saw the Thor-movies? :D
  • @JPe interesting... still.. I dont think people will generally understand this. Anyway, just a side point
  • The name is indeed inspired by the Thor movies an mythology. I didn't want to call the app 'Alarm' as I don't think Homey can be trusted on as an alarm system (it's missing some vital functionality for that)

And it may be a bit of a Dutch thing, a lot of devices/services in Holland are given a person name. I've added the phrase 'Let Homey watch over your home' to give an indication what the app does and added some search terms to the app hinting on it's functionality so we have to see if it is sufficient.
  • Just published a new version:

Version 0.0.13

• Replaced Surveillance Mode device with new one that has the same functionality minus the trigger and condition flow cards
    • Fixed greyed-out 'Deactivate alarm button' (Needs removing and adding of the device)
    Next up is the alarm indicator on the Alarm Off Button, after that and if no issues are found I'll submit the app for approval by Athom
  • Great work keep it up!
  • Super! 
  • Great job so far. with every update the app gets a lot better.
  • Hello Danee, 

is there a limitation in the amount of sensors watching your home? I have a motion sensor in my device list, which is missing in the settings page of Heimdall. Actually there are 18 devices in my settings page and 19 in my device list.
    Other motion sensors same type are listet in the settings.

Regards
    Andreas

• @Seraphim
    Hello Andreas,

There is no limit in my code. The code just asks homey for all devices and cycles through the list looking for devices that have an alarm_motion (and alarm_contact) capability. 

What brand/type sensors are we talking about?
    What is the total amount of devices on your homey?

Cheers,

Danee
  • New version pushed:

Version 0.0.14

• Added alarm state indicator to Alarm Off Button

If there are no issues this version will be submitted for approval and will become the public beta version.
  • @Seraphim
    Hello Andreas,

There is no limit in my code. The code just asks homey for all devices and cycles through the list looking for devices that have an alarm_motion (and alarm_contact) capability. 

What brand/type sensors are we talking about?
    What is the total amount of devices on your homey?

Cheers,

Danee
    It‘s a Philips Hue Motion Sensor and the total amount of devices is 118.

BUT don‘t mind anymore, I restarted the App and now the missing one ist available in the settingspage. Maybe a hiccup of Homey. I should try this in the future before writing  a comment. Sorry, my fault.

• No problem, thanks for informing.
  • Great job!
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited January 2018
    The app has been approved as beta and is now available without invitation.

New forum topic here: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/4514

Thanks to all who participated in the alpha test!
  • By request of @DaneeDeKruyff topic closed, please continue the discussion at the new topic where alle information from this topic is combined in the startpost ->  https://forum.athom.com/discussion/4514
This discussion has been closed.