This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[APP Z-Wave] Danalock Doorlock Z-Wave devices - Main discussion topic

mruitermruiter Member
edited September 2017 in Apps

Danalock Doorlock V2 & V3

Current Version : V 2.0.0 Based on SDKv2 and the new Z-Wave Mesh driver is released in Beta Channel
When you are in the appstore you should see : A beta version of this app is available. Click here to switch to this version
Click on the "Click here" to switch to the new Beta version

Athom Apps store:  https://apps.athom.com/app/com.danalock
Github repository:    https://github.com/athombv/com.danalock

Supported Devices:

• Danalock V2 - Z-Wave Version
  • Danalock V3 - Z-Wave Version

Supported Languages:

• English
  • Dutch
Tagged:

Comments

• Beta Version with the V3 support has been released to Beta Channel
  • Installed the V3 lock, easy does it. When pairing with Homey it gives a confusing message, as if I had to press a button on the Homey itself while it was a pinhole in the lock. Automatic calibration was done in a couple of seconds. Now I still have to find out how to pair with my phone trough Bleutooth. Cant'find it in the Homey devices and registring the lock with the Danalock app isn't possible, perhaps because it is already paired through Z-Wave...
  • Homey Firmware Version: 1.5.3
    Danalock v2.0.2 Athom B.V.
    HomeKit v1.1.9 Sprut 

in homekit danalock constantly shows the status is updated
    4 batteries 3.7 volts empty per week
    discharged 2 sets
    tell me please, maybe I'm something wrong set up

• I have no idea.. maybee ask in the homekit topic.. i dont use homekit.
  • SuperPapaSuperPapa Member
    edited October 2017
    alexkost said:
    Homey Firmware Version: 1.5.3
    Danalock v2.0.2 Athom B.V.
    HomeKit v1.1.9 Sprut 

in homekit danalock constantly shows the status is updated
    4 batteries 3.7 volts empty per week
    discharged 2 sets
    tell me please, maybe I'm something wrong set up

I had the same. It has to do with the constant polling of HomeKit of the status of the lock. ZWave does this every 2-3 hours, which Danalock says should then translate into 10 months of battery life. 
  • need to after confirming the status open/closed to cancel the survey Danalock on zwave and wait for the next command from the application. how to do it?
  • Dear Danalock User,

We have unfortunately received a bad batch of batteries, and unfortunately your lock contains these batteries.

With this batch there is a minimal risk of overheating, and we therefore request you to remove the batteries from the Danalock, and wait for the new batteries to arrive before you continue to use your Danalock.

"Besides the bad batteries, we discovered a minor bug in the Z-Wave FW that
    prevents the Danalock to go to sleep, which means the battery will drain
    very fast. With these two issues combined the batteries will most likely
    drain within 7-10 days on locks with Z-Wave.

This is very unfortunate and frustrating, and we hope for your help to
    exchange the batteries. We will receive a new batch of batteries next week,
    while firmware is ready for update. See attached documents for Android and IOS update"

Please update lock as soon as possible according to description attached. Will also be available on Danalock webpage. 

Best regards

Poly-Control ApS
    Gammel Stillingvej 427C - DK-8462 Harlev
    +45 4242 8122
    mail support@danalock.com - https://www.danalock.com
    Danalock @ facebook

• Thanks for sharing, my batteries where already on 75% after 1 week. I'll update asap.

Cheers, Frank
  • One Question for the V3 users. Is it possible with V3 to get a history when a user open the door with the classic key? For me it's very disappointing why it isn't possible with V2 to send a door unlocked/lock if my girlfriend is using her normal key to open the door. And it should be a security function to get this information in the history. 
  • @Jschuetz ;
    On the V3 i have a flow that sends a message / logs when a door gets locked and unlocked with a time reference from homeylogic

• I can't get Homey and Danalock V3 connected. I have installed the firmware from Danalock. The app says I have to put Home in "inclusion mode"?! I think they mean I have to put Danalock in inclusion mode with the top small button. Nothing happens. Does anyone know how to add Danalock?
  • Just to make sure.. You did order the Bluetooth AND Z-wave version of the Danalock ?

The join 2 smarthome menu setting in the app that should start the z-wave inclusion does not work.
    You have to do this with a push in the pinhole on top:

• To add or include the Danalock into a Z-Wave network

1. Set the controller in inclusion mode
    2. Push the switch once.
    3. Wait 5 seconds.

• To remove or exclude the Danalock into a Z-Wave network

1. Set the controller in exclusion mode
    2. Push the switch once.
    3. Wait 5 seconds.

Factory Reset The Danalock can be set to factory settings by pushing the switch ten times.
    Please use this procedure only when the primary controller is missing or otherwise inoperable.
  • Is there going to be a card for battery level changes? thank you
  • How are the experiences with the Danalock v3 Z-wave so far? Does the auto unlock/lock function working well for example?
  • mruiter said:
    Just to make sure.. You did order the Bluetooth AND Z-wave version of the Danalock ?

The join 2 smarthome menu setting in the app that should start the z-wave inclusion does not work.
    You have to do this with a push in the pinhole on top:

• To add or include the Danalock into a Z-Wave network

1. Set the controller in inclusion mode
    2. Push the switch once.
    3. Wait 5 seconds.

• To remove or exclude the Danalock into a Z-Wave network

1. Set the controller in exclusion mode
    2. Push the switch once.
    3. Wait 5 seconds.

Factory Reset The Danalock can be set to factory settings by pushing the switch ten times.
    Please use this procedure only when the primary controller is missing or otherwise inoperable.
    What switch? The pinhole? And inclusion mode? How?

you may call me stupid if required.
  • Okay, Here goes:

On the Danalock are 2 small holes, one at the back and one at the front.
    Press the one at the back (closest at the door, keep it pressed) and turn the whole case, this way you can remove the lock from the door.
    Lay down the lock next to Homey.

Install the Danalock App on Homey.
    Click Add Danalock (in Devices)
    Select (in my case) the V3 version.
    Now press the small hole at the front, and the light will blink, Homey will take over and connect the lock. (Follow the screen instructions on Homey).
    Place the lock back on the door and you're finished.

Cheers.
  • @Count_B I have had the Danalock v3 for a couple of weeks now, and I quite like it. I have modified a key to fit the lock with the existing cylinder. It is a bit fiddly but worked OK in the end. The lock has no problems at all with my 3-point lock, it opens/closes faster than you would when using the key. It is noisy during operation though. The lock has the option to use the motor whenever you turn it to open or close. Unfortunately this freaks out anyone not aware of the feature (mainly due to the noise, I didn't like it myself either), so I turned it off.

Opening/closing the door via Zwave (using Homey) works well. The main purpose of the lock is to be able to give access to people who forget their keys (aka kids), friends who watch the house/feed the cat etc. I don't use the autolock / autounlock feature, nor do I have any flows involving the lock. I get notifications on my phone whenever the lock is operated (whether via bluetooth or Zwave), this works well.

About the autolock/unlock, there's a simple autolock feature which works fine, you can configure the lock to lock after x seconds/minutes after closing the door.

The auto-unlock feature is based on bluetooth geofencing and is likely to suffer from the general presence/geofencing difficulties. That said, I haven't tested it myself. There's a review from a user on Robbshop who has issues with it.

• I just send 2 back last week., both had a memory chip that had corruption.
    first they started acting up with Bluetooth then they when to purple led only. flashing a new firmware wasnt possible either anymore and gave a bad mem error in the last part of flashing.
    I guess inhad a shitty batch hope the other 3 keep working and i asked dana to exchange them also as i dont want the lock to open when the firmware on the others go corrupt. not that it happend on the 2 broken ones but you never know.

But for the rest..... i love the speed. the only thing they need is a setting in the app so you can custimize the hold back on the lock. so it doesnt go max just enough to open the door
  • The new firmware for Danalock v3 is available as of today
    update with the Danalock smartphone app

The upgrade is very easy indeed. The 'return from pullback' is unchanged, I would have liked to see an additional setting for that. The 'catch' of the lock now remains pulled in after the x second open period. I contacted them about it a while ago, they were going to look into adding it. Maybe next time ;-)
  • When unlocking the danalock with the auto unlock function within the danalock app itself, the status of the lock doesnt change in the homey device card, it stays on locked. is this a known isseu.?

• I try to paire V3 BT+ZW with Homey,
    Danalock firmware 0.8.0, latest app on iPhone
    Homey 1.5.3.
    before pairing i reset of Danalock by pressing 10 times button
    With z-way UZB pairing without problem
  • I have my danlock installed, works well with homey and BT.
    But I have an issue with the calibration, the return from pull back is too short which keeps my door open.
    I tried changing custom calibration but can't get it perfect, now I need to mannually turn the knob a bit to close it.
    Is this a known issue?
  • iGitlin said:
    I try to paire V3 BT+ZW with Homey,
    Danalock firmware 0.8.0, latest app on iPhone
    Homey 1.5.3.
    before pairing i reset of Danalock by pressing 10 times button
    With z-way UZB pairing without problem
    Problem is solved
    if your lock was later connected to another controller, the full reset probably will not help - you need to make an exception from the network, even there is a lock not connected to the controller.
    I was not helped by a full reset, the lock was not connected to any controller. then I did exclude only after that I was able to connect to Homey
  • Yes! I have contacted Danalock about this issue, I ran into it as well. Apparently they will (or are planning to...) adress this in a fw update. 
  • Sometimes, through bluetooth unlock/lock or manual unlock/lock, danalock failed to update homey/homey failed to update to the correct status.

this is actually quite a big problem for a main door lock as I do not know if I can trust the status of the lock on homey

is this the same for anyone?

• stkerrem said:
    I have my danlock installed, works well with homey and BT.
    But I have an issue with the calibration, the return from pull back is too short which keeps my door open.
    I tried changing custom calibration but can't get it perfect, now I need to mannually turn the knob a bit to close it.
    Is this a known issue?
    I have the same issue, contacted Danalock with not much result. ‘Please re calibrate’ but that is not addressing the issue of pulling back the lever after opening the door... this must be another issue and in my opnion not related to a z-wave external control. 
    Occured since early january, since then not able to solve it. Only thing not done is a reset to default. 

• lilinslilins Member
    edited April 2018
    Hi, I own a danalock v2 lock, and never was able to make it recognized by the danalock app. Always end up with generic zwave device. anyone knows how to fix that? thanks 
  • lilins said:
    Hi, I own a danalock v2 lock, and never was able to make it recognized by the danalock app. Always end up with generic zwave device. anyone knows how to fix that? thanks 
    Can you check under 'node information' (via the wrench symbol) what the ID's of your lock are?