This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official

[APP] Android IP Webcam

PhuturistPhuturist Member
edited May 2018 in Apps

Android IP Webcam for Homey

App Store Pagehttps://apps.athom.com/app/android.ipwebcam

Latest version - 2018-04-26 - v1.2.4

• UPDATE: updated dependencies to fix security issue in on of the packages, no functionality changes

Description

Use Homey together with Android IP Webcam ( Ad Supported Version or Pro Version by Pavel Khlebovich ©). With Android IP Webcam you can turn any smartphone or tablet into a security camera or baby monitor that detects motion and sound and luminance (depends on available sensors in your Android device). With the Homey app for Android IP Webcamera you can respond to these triggers and control the camera options.

Supported Cards

• [TRIGGER] All default supported battery, motion alarm and generic alarm cards (generic alarm will be replaced with sound alarm once supported by Homey core)
  • [ACTION] Send live snapshot through email
  • [ACTION] Turn on night vision and set gain

Future Cards

• [ACTION] Turn on camera LED
  • [ACTION] Zoom camera
  • [ACTION] Focus camera
  • [ACTION] Switch front / back camera
  • [ACTION] Enable / disable motion and sound alarm
  • [ACTION] Set motion and sound alarm sensitivity
  • [ACTION] Set the stream quality

Instructions

Install and configure IP Webcam

Install IP Webcam from Google Playstore. Please consider installing the Pro version to support the author of this app. Open the app and configure at least the following options.

• enable motion and sound detection (timeout of 5 seconds is usually good, sensitity is personal, try to find your optimal settings)
  • enable data logging (data retention of 5 seconds is good, at least enable motion, sound, battery and light sensor)
  • local broadcast (make sure you set a static IP in your router for this Android device, set the listening port in the options and optionally a usename / password)
  • start the server

Add your IP Webcam as device in Homey

After you have set up IP Webcam on your Android device you can add it as device within Homey like any other device. You will need to fill in the IP address, optional username & password and a poll frequency. The default polling frequency is 5 seconds. You can find the IP address in your Android device by clicking the cogwheel under the WiFi settings.

Setting up email

To be able to send snapshots through email you will need to configure an email account which sends out the email. In the general settings of the Homey IP Webcam App there is a section to configure your email account. Please pay attention to the extra information when adding a Gmail account, this requires you to use a specific app password which needs to be setup within your Google account.

Tagged:

Comments

• Hi Phuturist, 

Great app! Testing the connection is successful and I am able to add the webcam as a device but the connection is lost immediately. Any idea what could be the problem?
  • Als het goed is, word er ook een webserver gestart op de telefoon. Je zou kunnen proberen met een web browser naar het ip adres van de telefoon te gaan en te kijken of dat nog wel werkt?
  • ncickc said:
    Hi Phuturist, 

Great app! Testing the connection is successful and I am able to add the webcam as a device but the connection is lost immediately. Any idea what could be the problem?
    There might be a bug in the current pairing wizard. I submitted a new version yesterday which is pending approval in the app store. If the problem occurs with that version as well I'll look into it further.
  • Is the new version still pending approval for the app store?
  • ncickc said:
    Is the new version still pending approval for the app store?
    Yup, don't know what is taking Athom that long.
  • Latest version - 2017-12-06 - v1.2.0

• NEW: Action card to set motion and sound alarm threshold
    • NEW: Action card to zoom the camera
    • NEW: Action card to set the stream quality
    • NEW: Action card to turn on/off the camera LED
    • NEW: Action card to switch front and back camera
    • FIX: fixed issues with port and polling in pairing wizard
  • Testing the connection during the pairing process does work but the IP webcam is still unreachable after pairing. 
  • ncickc said:
    Testing the connection during the pairing process does work but the IP webcam is still unreachable after pairing. 
     Can you reach the IP webcam control page directly?
  • Phuturist said:
    ncickc said:
    Testing the connection during the pairing process does work but the IP webcam is still unreachable after pairing. 
    Jep, grabbing snapshots (with imagegrabber) is also working.
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited December 2017
    ncickc said:
    Phuturist said:
    ncickc said:
    Jep, grabbing snapshots (with imagegrabber) is also working.
    Ok, did you follow the installation steps. Specifically the one about data logging:
    • enable motion and sound detection (timeout of 5 seconds is usually good, sensitity is personal, try to find your optimal settings)
    • enable data logging (data retention of 5 seconds is good, at least enable motion, sound, battery and light sensor)
    • local broadcast (make sure you set a static IP in your router for this Android device, set the listening port in the options and optionally a usename / password)
    • start the server
    If so, could you save the output of http://<<your_ip_webcamip>>:<<ip_webcam_port>>/sensors.json in a textfile and send it to me as zip file.
  • Having the same issue here, checked and tested all setting advice, including the data logging (when I found that I was very confident it would have solved the problem, but it did not) 
  • There's a potential fix waiting approval in the app store. Please await this 1.2.1 release and then test again.
  • Tx! Will be testing things later & will inform.
  • Latest version - 2017-12-28 - v1.2.1

• FIX: hopefully fixed the IP Webcam device going offline if no lux sensor is present
  • Phuturist said:

Latest version - 2017-12-28 - v1.2.1

• FIX: hopefully fixed the IP Webcam device going offline if no lux sensor is present
    Nope :( didnt solve my disconect problem.

When setting up device I test the connection, I got a good connection.
    After I finish, the webcam goes offline within a second.

Tablet: 

Huawei MediaPad T1 7

edited December 2017
    0burner0 said:
    Phuturist said:

Latest version - 2017-12-28 - v1.2.1

Nope :( didnt solve my disconect problem.

When setting up device I test the connection, I got a good connection.
    After I finish, the webcam goes offline within a second.

Tablet: 

Huawei MediaPad T1 7

Could you PM me the output of http://<<your_ip_webcamip>>:<<ip_webcam_port>>/sensors.json.
    edited December 2017
    Nevermind, I see I f#cked up the bugfix and missed some piece of code. I'll submit a new release this evening.

[EDIT] Fix submitted to app store
  • Latest version - 2017-12-29 - v1.2.2

• FIX: properly fixed the IP Webcam device going offline if no lux sensor is present
  • Problem as described persists in 1.2.2 !
  • Povlov said:
    Problem as described persists in 1.2.2 !
    Could you PM me the output of http://<<your_ip_webcamip>>:<<ip_webcam_port>>/sensors.json.
  • Same probleem here send you PM.
  • @Povlov @0burner0 @micha35w

I have updated the app which I hope really fixes all issues for devices that do not have a working lux sensor. Before pushing it to the app store I'd like someone to test it out. Does anyone of you know how to do a local command line install and can test this release?

https://github.com/jghaanstra/android.ipwebcam/archive/1.2.3.zip
  • Yes I do, trying tomorow.
  • No sorry i don.t know it. But i.ve already have it work on a of het device. Thanks;)
  • 0burner0 said:
    Yes I do, trying tomorow.
    And, is the issue fixed?
    edited January 2018
    Due the lack of any feedback on the beta I have just published a new version.

Latest version - 2018-01-05 - v1.2.3

• FIX: hopefully really properly fixed the IP Webcam device going offline if no lux sensor is present
  • 0burner00burner0 Member
    edited January 2018
    Phuturist said:

• FIX: hopefully really properly fixed the IP Webcam device going offline if no lux sensor is present
    Sorry for my lack of responce  :#

But version v1.2.3 dosnt solve the diconnect problem :(
  • 0burner0 said:
    Phuturist said:

Sorry for my lack of responce  :#

But version v1.2.3 dosnt solve the diconnect problem :(
    Pffff ... could you PM me the output of http://<<your_ip_webcamip>>:<<ip_webcam_port>>/sensors.json.
  • V1.2.3 fixed the connection error for me, thanks!
  • Phuturist said:
    ncickc said:
    Hi Phuturist, 

There might be a bug in the current pairing wizard. I submitted a new version yesterday which is pending approval in the app store. If the problem occurs with that version as well I'll look into it further.
    I have exact the same issue. What can be done to solve this ?

This discussion has been closed.