This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Solved Flows Z-Wave

Countdown app with hue lights

baboonenbaboonen Member
edited December 2017 in Questions & Help
Hi,

I've created a flow for my bathroom in order to have light when there is movement. Unfortunately what happens is that when someone is in the bathroom for more than 2 mins, the lights go out.

I guess it has something to do with the motion sensor: it already detected motion, so there is no trigger (motion is already on). What I really like to have is the following:

If there is someone in the bathroom, lights on. If that person leaves the bathroom, lights off.

Please advise.

Regards Bobby

Tagged:

Comments

• glijieglijie Member
    edited December 2017
    Do it like this
    flow:
    1- IF movement"bewegingsmelder gaat aan" AND light is off THEN turn on the lights
    2- IF movement stops  "bewegingsmelder gaat uit"  THEN turn the counter draai de zandloper"
    3- IF counter is empty THEN turn off the lights
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited December 2017
    don't forget to stop the timer when motion goes on,
    as it can happen that motion stops (your sitting/standing too still),
    you don't want to have the lights turn off still even though you were moving within those 2 minutes of the timer again
  • @caseda: what should be the trigger when the motion goes on and the timer needs to stop?
  • I'm not sure if the trigger card is available for your device, but you might look for 'motion no longer detected' or something similar. I'm on my smartphone and can't check available cards on my laptop.
  • baboonen said:
    @caseda: what should be the trigger when the motion goes on and the timer needs to stop?
    WHEN motion is detected-----THEN stop timer, put lights on
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited December 2017
    @yemoH
    every motion sensor in homey has 2 trigger cards for motion (because they are default trigger cards)
    a "motion sensor turnen on" card (NL: De bewegingsmelder gaat aan)
    and a "motion sensor turned off" card (NL: De bewegingsmelder gaat uit)

@baboonen
    so to iterate the full 3 flows needed:
    1:
    [IF] Motion is detected
    [THEN] turn on your light
    [& THEN] stop the timer

2:
    [IF] Motion has stopped
    [THEN] set timer to 120 seconds

3:
    [IF] Timer is empty
    [THEN] turn off the lights

this has come up on the forum several times already, so if you search for it, you will probably find it already
  • This is the first flow. But the countdown timer doesn't stop when there is motion. I look at the device and it says there is motion. Then I take a look at the countdown timer and I see the countdown. How is this possible and is there someone who can help me with it?

• glijieglijie Member
    edited December 2017
    the counter stopt...didn't it?
    when your light is on it will not....in your flow
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited December 2017
    Probably because the light is then on? Stopping the flow on the [AND] column.
    If you really only want to send the light on command when the light is off, then add an [ELSE] with just stopping the timer
  • Thanks! It seems to work. Let you know if something isn't the way it should.