This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Flows

How to trigger a flow using the "a variable changed" card?

I am in the middle of trying to set up Sonos to my liking. Without using voice control for Homey, because Homey has a hard time understanding me when I play music on the Sonos.

I use the BetterLogic Slider to adjust Sonos Volume. But sometimes someone uses the real buttons on the Sonos to adjust the volume. I would like to update the BL Slider on my phone to the right volumesetting. I tried to do that by using a Logic card "a variable changed" and I used the Sonos Tab (#Set Volume) as the trigger. My flow works when I test it (to be sure I made Homey give my a vocal heads up as well ), but in reality the flow never gets triggered and never adjusts my phone visual slider.

My question: how can i trigger the flow?

Warm regards,
Ann
Tagged:

Comments

• My guess is u have to set the variable for urself in another variable as u cannot use tags in 'a variable changed'
    So make another variable and set the Sonos variable in there.
    Then u can use 'a variable changed' and type the name of that variable.
  • My guess is u have to set the variable for urself in another variable as u cannot use tags in 'a variable changed'
    Thank you for your idea. 
    Then I will need to check it constantly? Like every x seconds to avoid a discrepancy?
  • Just with the trigger: A variable changed.
  • Just with the trigger: A variable changed.
    or a variable is set
  • flexyflexy Member
    edited December 2017
    My guess is u have to set the variable for urself in another variable as u cannot use tags in 'a variable changed'
    But still i would need to move the original value (from the tag) into my new variable constantly, or do i miss something here?
    Wouldn't it be possible to get a "the volume changed" card for Sonos? (just like already exists for many other devices if something changes there)