This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Flows

Flow issue with KAKU ACDB-7000 doorbell

Willy0611Willy0611 Member
edited December 2017 in Questions & Help
Adding the doorbell to Homey was easy. But when I create a flow to send a notification when the doorbell is being pressed it doesn't work properly. I get a notification when the doorbell is pressed. However, I also get a notification exactly every minute regardless of the doorbell being pressed.

I deleted both the flow and doorbell and recreated both. It even sends the notifications every minute when the doorbell was never pressed.

If I replace the Doorbell in "when" with anything else the repeating notifications disappear.

Any hints?
Tagged:

Comments

• Oh, before somebody suggests it: no, the doorbell isn't being constantly pressed.
  • Show us your flow, create a screenshot.
  • Are you using only the 7000b doorbell and how is it connected to your actual doorbell?

There is nothing wrong with the flow. Is you receive a message every minute it suggests an issue with the KAKU device.
  • Or there is a flow lingering somewehere which does this...
  • Willy0611Willy0611 Member
    edited December 2017
    It is the first (and so far only) flow I created so there is no other flow doing this.

The 7000b doorbell is connected to the actual doorbell with the two wires. It is working without problems with its bundled receiver and with a VeraPlus (which is replaced by the Homey).
  • Willy0611 said:
    It is the first (and so far) only flow I created so there is no other flow doing this.

The 7000b doorbell is connected to the actual doorbell with the two wires. It is working without problems with its bundled receiver and with a VeraPlus (which is replaced by the Homey).
    off topic: is there a tutorial how to connect the ACDB-7000 to the existing doorbell?
  • Just missing the relais part because of the existing doorbell?
  • Just missing the relais part because of the existing doorbell?
    indeed, only needed if you want to keep the existing bell.
  •  to the existing doorbell?

• glijieglijie Member
    edited December 2017
  • HansieNLHansieNL Member
    edited December 2017
    TIP: if you got for example Hue lights you can also add a light action to your flow. One of my Hue lights is blinking for 10 seconds, so I can hear and see my doorbell.

• Willy0611 said:
    It is the first (and so far only) flow I created so there is no other flow doing this.

Are you sure VeraPlus  (or a neighbor ) isn't sending out that Doorbell signal every minute? ;-)
  • Willy0611 said:

Are you sure VeraPlus  (or a neighbor ) isn't sending out that Doorbell signal every minute? ;-)
    Pretty sure because if it does the bundled receiver would also ring. Also, I would have to create such a scene myself and I see no reason to create a scene to ring the doorbell every minute other than to lower the WAF.

Is it safe to assume I have a unique situation on my hands here without existing solution?
  • Willy0611Willy0611 Member
    edited December 2017
    I removed the doorbell and added it back as a normal wall switch. The doorbell was recognized as the bottom part of the switch and now it works flawless.