This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official Z-Wave SDK2

[APP] Remotec Technology app (v2.2.0)

Comments

• Eternity said:
    I am not sure I understand you correctly...

You are saying that if I press 1x I should do this within  1/5 of a second (0,2 sec), otherwise the 'pressed' action is seen?

And if I keep a button pressed, the App will register this every 0.2 second as a new trigger? So, if I have a voice output as 'then' in the button flow, it will repeat the voice output 5 times if I press the button for 1 second?
    @Eternity the options are (updated the opening post):
    • Button Pressed 1x  (within 1 second)
    • Button Pressed 2x  (within 1 second)
    • Button held down (5x per second)  
    • Button released 
    The 'button pressed 1x' / '..pressed 2x' and '..released' will trigger 1:1; ie. 1 action on the Scene master will result in 1 trigger of a flow.
    When you keep a button held down, the scene master will start triggering flows every 0.2 seconds; if no measures are taken in you flow, it will start the voice output 5 times per second.

With a minor modification to your flows, you can still achieve your envisioned actions:
    Flow 1: Scene is activated ('Button 1' + 'held down') THEN speech output, to tell what the button can do and disable Flow 1
    Flow 2: Scene is activated ('Button 1' + 'released') THEN speech output 'Oke' and enable Flow 1

v1.0.3 is now available in the app store.
    Wow and brilliant! Working as described! Thanks @TedTolboom and @Eternity !
  • arno1965 said:
    Just thinking further: You can combine it even with the duration idea mentioned some posts above...
    Flow 2: Scene is activated ('Button 1' + 'released') AND duration < 3 seconds THEN speech output 'Oke' and enable Flow 1 ELSE action X and enable Flow 1
  • Exactly! 

Timing can add extra functionality, 
  • arno1965 said:
    Just thinking further: You can combine it even with the duration idea mentioned some posts above...
    Flow 2: Scene is activated ('Button 1' + 'released') AND duration < 3 seconds THEN speech output 'Oke' and enable Flow 1 ELSE action X and enable Flow 1
    50 euro well spent... :)
  • Eternity said:
    I might have found a bug...

The App installed nicely and the flows are simple to program. Great App!
    I am having some problems with the 'press and hold' and 'release' function.

I created 4 flows to control 1 button:

1x pressed - activate a Hue scene
    2x pressed - activate another Hue scene
    long pressed - speech output, to tell what the button can do
    released button - speech output 'Oke'

The idea was to program all buttons with the speech function as long press'', so one doesn't have to remember what a button does. Just long press and Homey will tell you! ANd, if a long press gives you the AHA, release the button to trigger the 4th flow, which should mute speech again, so you don't have to listen to the entire speech output of the 3rd flow...

The first 2 flows work great
    The 3rd outputs the speech, but never stops.... I have to PTP to stop Homey's output
    Releasing the button doesn't do anything (mute aoutput is not an card)

Working like a charm now! I implemented your idea of telling what a button does! Kids and wife are happy now!
  • @arno1965

Great! 
  • Time to start expanding the Remotec app....  B)

Just received the Remotec ZXT-120 Z-wave to AC IR extender which is already available for a while, but also it's to be announced successor the Remote ZXT-600 AC master...

Both devices have the ability to control air conditioning (and e.g. ceiling fans) via duplicating the infrared signals from their remotes (or build in database) and acting as a thermostat...

Keep you posted..
  • danonedanone Member
    Time to start expanding the Remotec app....  B)

Just received the Remotec ZXT-120 Z-wave to AC IR extender which is already available for a while, but also it's to be announced successor the Remote ZXT-600 AC master...

Both devices have the ability to control air conditioning (and e.g. ceiling fans) via duplicating the infrared signals from their remotes (or build in database) and acting as a thermostat...

Keep you posted..
    I own a Remotec ZXT-120, awesome device, which controls my air con perfect. I look forward to have it now implemented with Homey!
    And since my unit works on the Australian frequency, please let me know if you want me to give you the Product Id.

Thanks a lot in advance!!
  • @danone I'll add them when making the update.

The Remotec devices are certified, so product ID's are available and for the ZXT-600 I received the info upfront from Remotec.
  • B3rtB3rt Member
    Hi,

I am considering buying a Remotec IR unit to control my airco unit but don't really know if i can control it or not using Homey.

So is it possible at the moment to control my airco or not using Homey and Remotec?
    If not, will it be possible and if so when?
    Should i wait ordering an Remotec IR unit?
  • @B3rt in the current app version the drivers for the Z-wave to AC controllers (ZXT-120 and ZXT-600) are not included, so you are not able to use them.

I have both devices at home and will be adding the drivers on short term...
  • B3rtB3rt Member
    @B3rt in the current app version the drivers for the Z-wave to AC controllers (ZXT-120 and ZXT-600) are not included, so you are not able to use them.

Do you have an update?

I just got a new airco unit in teh bedroom which i want to control with Homey, don't want to buy the remotec ir blaster yet before i am sure it will work with Homey.

Thx for any update.
  • B3rt said:
    @B3rt in the current app version the drivers for the Z-wave to AC controllers (ZXT-120 and ZXT-600) are not included, so you are not able to use them.

Do you have an update?

I just got a new airco unit in teh bedroom which i want to control with Homey, don't want to buy the remotec ir blaster yet before i am sure it will work with Homey.

Thx for any update.
    Hi @B3rt it is going to work, question is when...

Based on all communication around Homey release 1.5, SDK2 has been released together with a completely new Z-wave meshdriver.

It doesn't make sense to extend the current Remotec app based on SDK1 and the old Z-wave driver. I'm currently working on a new app to add support of the Z-wave devices of Hank-Tech.com. Also to gain experience with the SDK2 and meshdriver.

Once I've completed this app, I will rewrite the Remotec app based on SDK2 and start (actually continue) extending it with additional devices (not both AC masters)
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited September 2017
    Time for an update:
    The Hank app (first SDK2 and meshdriver based Z-wave app) has been released to the app store. 

In the meantime, I've also converted the Remotec app to SDK2/meshdriver based and tested it at home.
    This SDK2 based version (Homey SW >= 1.5.0) can be found in the SDK2 branch at Github: 
    https://github.com/TedTolboom/hk.com.remotec/tree/SDK2

If some of you could install (through CLI) and test this version to verify that the Scene Master still works perfectly, I would greatly appreciate it.  :)

In addition, I started to build the app manifest and device drivers for the AC masters (ZXT-120 and ZXT-600).
    I'm mainly working on the ZXT-600, basically the new Z-wave plus version of the ZXT-120, but from driver and config level they are almost identical. 

Just a sneakpeak: In order to fit all options to the mobile card, I was forced to skip the device icon:

Main challenge ahead will be to implement the logic behind the thermostat mode, it's set points and the fan mode...
    But here I can re-use significant parts of the ThermoFloor drivers / functions...  :#
  • ok thx..

But the current app in the store does not support it yet, true?
    The winter/fall is coming so i am now want to order the IR module for controling my airco in the bedroom (it also should functions as heater) so i can monitor temp and start heater/cooler if it getting to cold or to hot.

Does someone know a good and cheap address where to order the IR modules (dutch webstore).
  • Time for an update:
    The Hank app (first SDK2 and meshdriver based Z-wave app) has been released to the app store. 

In the meantime, I've also converted the Remotec app to SDK2/meshdriver based and tested it at home.
    This SDK2 based version (Homey SW >= 1.5.0) can be found in the SDK2 branch at Github: 
    https://github.com/TedTolboom/hk.com.remotec/tree/SDK2

If some of you could install (through CLI) and test this version to verify that the Scene Master still works perfectly, I would greatly appreciate it.  :)

In addition, I started to build the app manifest and device drivers for the AC masters (ZXT-120 and ZXT-600).
    I'm mainly working on the ZXT-600, basically the new Z-wave plus version of the ZXT-120, but from driver and config level they are almost identical. 

Just a sneakpeak: In order to fit all options to the mobile card, I was forced to skip the device icon:

Main challenge ahead will be to implement the logic behind the thermostat mode, it's set points and the fan mode...
    But here I can re-use significant parts of the ThermoFloor drivers / functions...  :#
    This looks awesome!
    Let me know if you want some incentive (beers of course), hot weather in the horizon here down under in Australia, looking forward to include my ZXT-120 in Homey. :) 
    My ZXT-120 is only z-wave (not plus) any chance it will work?
    Thanks!!
  • thanks for this @TedTolboom, looking forward to the support for ZXT-120!! 
  • Hello all, plz help me out,

I have multiple switches, like popo wave, remotes arc-90 and the wall mote quad.

I have 20 fibaro dimmers 2, now attached to a Home Center lite, works fine.. except it is slow.
    So bought a Homey…..How do you level up and down with the buttons and the dimmer 2, just by held the button…???…???

HCL see screenshot, how the hell does this simple action works with Homey, 

• What's the use of posting this three times and using profound language?
  • I got this suggestion from the helpdesk..... put it on the forum by the apps you have questions about it. Told them that i geuss its a fibaro dimmer app problem. Made by Athom. No response yet, and following there advise.
  • The Remotec app has been updated to SDK2 in preparation to extend for the ZXT-120 and ZXT-600
    v2.0.1
    update:
    Update ZRC-90 to full SDK2
    Update meshdriver to 1.2.4
  • @TedTolboom I think i have found a bug in the new version. Battery state isn’t correct, giving 20% all the time, also if I replace it with new batteries.

Have made an issue on github.
  • The Remotec app has been updated to SDK2 in preparation to extend for the ZXT-120 and ZXT-600
    v2.0.1
    update:
    Update ZRC-90 to full SDK2
    Update meshdriver to 1.2.4
    Does this mean the app in the store now support the 2 remotec IR blasters?
  • @TedTolboom ; can you comment on my question please?
    I wish to order these remotec devices but only when they work with homey.
  • B3rt said:
    @TedTolboom ; can you comment on my question please?
    Hi @B3rt,
    @limkopi78 is currently working to create a driver for the ZXT-120. 
  • ok thx!
  • Are there any plans to support this device?

The current remotec app sadly does nog support this and the developer has mentioned he is not working on it (zxt-600) anymore to add it.

Someone else was trying to make drivers for it, sadly no info is found about any driver/app for this device.
  • @B3rt as developer of the Remotec app I do not recognize above statements originate from me...

I do have the ZXT-600 and the corresponding Z-wave documentation.
    Unfortunately, due to other (work related) priorities, I do have to make choices...
    which I also try to base on amount of requests to add support for a specific device.

I'm perfectly fine if anyone else would like to add support for the ZXT-600; I'm even willing to support it where possible.

But, the ZXT-600 and ZXT-120 (as with more thermostats) are not easy devices to build a driver for.
    It will require some customizations as well as utilize new command_classes, where little example SDK2 Z-wave thermostat apps are available... This is where the developer trying to add support for the ZXT-120 got stuck... 

As mentioned, if anyone wants to support in adding support for these devices, I'm more then willing to help...
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited January 2018
    B3rt said:
    Are there any plans to support this device?

The current remotec app sadly does nog support this and the developer has mentioned he is not working on it (zxt-600) anymore to add it.

Someone else was trying to make drivers for it, sadly no info is found about any driver/app for this device.
    @B3rt When you know there is an official remotec topic and the developer stated he is working on it above then don't open up a new topic. I merged your question now into the existing topic to keep the forum clean. As you can see above your question the developer @TedTolboom told he will be working on it with someone but what can you do to help him with that so he can do it in much lesser time ? :) 
  • B3rtB3rt Member
    edited January 2018
    @B3rt as developer of the Remotec app I do not recognize above statements originate from me...

I do have the ZXT-600 and the corresponding Z-wave documentation.
    Unfortunately, due to other (work related) priorities, I do have to make choices...
    which I also try to base on amount of requests to add support for a specific device.

I'm perfectly fine if anyone else would like to add support for the ZXT-600; I'm even willing to support it where possible.

But, the ZXT-600 and ZXT-120 (as with more thermostats) are not easy devices to build a driver for.
    It will require some customizations as well as utilize new command_classes, where little example SDK2 Z-wave thermostat apps are available... This is where the developer trying to add support for the ZXT-120 got stuck... 

As mentioned, if anyone wants to support in adding support for these devices, I'm more then willing to help...
    See some replies back:

B3rt said:
    @TedTolboom ; can you comment on my question please?
    Hi @B3rt,
    @limkopi78 is currently working to create a driver for the ZXT-120. 
    I read here that someone else is developing the driver, sadly never heard anything anymore after this.
This discussion has been closed.