This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Is using TuneIn Radio on Sonos actually supported (in secret)?

Hi,

Something I really miss in the Homey ecosystem is getting better control over my Sonos - especially radio stations and different streaming services.

Looking around on GitHub I found this repository: https://github.com/athombv/node-sonos

Reading through the info I found this:

Sonos.prototype.playTuneinRadio = function(stationId, stationTitle, callback)

Described as "Add tunein radio station to the queue"

As it is something branched from another repository that is not Homey related, my question is, as I can't really figure it out:

Is this "just" some source code used in the "real" Sonos app - or is it actually another app that makes it possible to play TuneInRadio?

Obviously, I could just try to install and see what happens - but not happy to risk breaking all my Sonos-related flows, if it interferes with the existing app - better ask, than sorry...

Comments

• It would also be nice if the Homey Sonos app would recognize if the native Sonos app on e.g. a mobile phone has paused or started playng music from a Tune-In radio station.
    At the moment Homey does not seem to poll the current playing status.
    I'm not sure if this is planned to be implemented in the next Homey Sonos app update. I also do not know when there will be an update rolled out for the Homey Sonos app. 

I actually posted this comment in "New Sonos app - to just control Sonos" before I saw this post. But this would be the better location.
  • I know somebody knows the answer ;-)
    It's not a matter of trying to convince somebody to make a new app or implement new features (although I'd applause it) - but if someone could just give a hint if I risk breaking current flows if I install the code - and of course, if you know it's absolutely nonsense what I'm thinking and a total waste of time, that would be nice to know as well...
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited November 2017
    cbh said:
    I know somebody knows the answer ;-)
    It's not a matter of trying to convince somebody to make a new app or implement new features (although I'd applause it) - but if someone could just give a hint if I risk breaking current flows if I install the code - and of course, if you know it's absolutely nonsense what I'm thinking and a total waste of time, that would be nice to know as well...
    The link above is not official Athom made but just a public package they use in the Sonos app, so the link you shared can't be installed at Homey because it's not an app but just a part of the Sonos app (As you can see under the node modules used in the sonos app, it's called sonos here but if you click it you go to the link you shared  ->https://github.com/athombv/com.sonos/tree/master/node_modules). If Athom is planning in using the package to support Tunein you can better ask that at Github with an issue or support@athom.com 
  • @lubbertkramer:
    Thank you so indeed - I figured out it was not an app and would have wasted a lot of time trying to figure out how to install it failing in the end - if not rescued by the bell and the forum!