This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Anybody who's got Nest thermostat working?

JonJon Member
edited February 2016 in Developers
Is there already a Nest thermostat owner who got it working with Homey?
I see no (public) Nest-app yet in the appstore, so just curious if somebody accomplished in 'privately' ?

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
  • You won't be able to, I'm sorry :p We can not publish private keys to github, so you can't just download the app from github and run it on your Homey.

However, we are currently busy getting the Nest app ready for you guys!
  • Robin said:
    You won't be able to, I'm sorry :p We can not publish private keys to github, so you can't just download the app from github and run it on your Homey.

Cool to hear so! Any idea of the ETA?
  • Robin said:
    You won't be able to, I'm sorry p We can not publish private keys to github, so you can't just download the app from github and run it on your Homey.

any idea when we can test it?
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited February 2016
    +10 for the any idea when we can test it ?
    Hope you guys are not waiting for some info from Nest.
    Those suckers don't respond to anything within months, there dev team can't even program and hire script kiddies in rusia to do the. work.
  • The app just went live on the app store. If you find any bugs please report them on Github, this will help speeding up the certification process with Nest to get unlimited users!
  • Thanx
  • Cool @Robin, but I will only be able to check in out when I have a Homey. As a Early Backer this will be soon. Have you got any idea how long it will take?
  • Well, that completely depends on Nest. In my experience they are not extremely quick, but when I get enough feedback and the app runs smoothly this should not take too long. An estimate I cannot give you..
  • JonJon Member
    edited February 2016
    I actually meant how long it will take until I get my Homey, @Robin... :)
  • Ah:p Well, I cannot say anything about that either, such questions are better directed at Emile. Or look in the, Shipment & Software Status topic, I think you are not the first to ask this question ;)
  • WathLamersWathLamers Member
    edited February 2016
    Robin said:
    Ah:p Well, I cannot say anything about that either, such questions are better directed at Emile. Or look in the, Shipment & Software Status topic, I think you are not the first to ask this question
    But nice try...
    You must admit that.....     o            @robin
  • Ah, okay. But who's @Emile? I haven't heard from him for awhile... 
  • All seems to work like wanted . Missing the Away functoin so my warm water boilers shut down from heating.
    For everything else the Away could be made in a flow if you want to lower temp. But theres no way other then switch to away mode to make to warm water boilers shut down.
  • RobinRobin Member
    Good to hear! So you want to be able to set the Thermostat to Away in a flow? Noted that, will come in a future version.
  • Qx5Qx5 Member
    Good to see the nest app! Adding the device was a piece of cake :smile: 

Now I want Home to read the target temperature when I get home. Is there a way to get the temp token without making a nest trigger?

I now tried the better logic app to make a variable temp and made a flow that updates the variable on temp change. Not sure how to get this variable in a voice flow though. should {temp} work?

thanks!
  • Since a few days I get this message, when I go to sleep:
    "(Living Room Thermostat) Kon doeltemperatuur niet aanpassen naar __temp__, error: Error: BLOCKED: {"error":"blocked","type":"https://developer.nest.com/documentation/cloud/error-messages#blocked","message":"blocked","instance":"xxx-xxxxx-xxx-xxx-xxx"}"

When I look in the API documentation it states that it's blocked because of to many requests. I don't get this, since my only flow with Nest in it is when I go to sleep -> than change the mode to ECO. Therefor this message is shown only once a day.

Anyone else having the same issue? I've also removed the Homey permission and added it again, but that didn't work out.
  • Why a mode change to Eco mode, and not just lowering the set temperature?
    Got recently almost the same error when my Nest was offline while running a flow to change the temperature.  
  • Willem said:
    Why a mode change to Eco mode, and not just lowering the set temperature?
    Got recently almost the same error when my Nest was offline while running a flow to change the temperature.  

I have no answer to the 'why' question, is was just testing some flows in the evening. Unfortunately I get almost the same error with changing the temperature.
  • The Why is very simpel, the eco mode is a fixed temperature you can change in settings of the nest. When its on you cant change that temp. Like you said there is No use for it as you can just lower the temp.
  • With Nefit the ECO is just a setpoint for lowest temp u can set in the programs. Standard is 16 degrees. Can be changed in de settings menu. Just to let no one set the temp below 16.
  • With Nefit the ECO is just a setpoint for lowest temp u can set in the programs. Standard is 16 degrees. Can be changed in de settings menu. Just to let no one set the temp below 16.
    Why don't let your thermostat / Homey sent you a notification on your phone, if someone sets the temp below 16 °C?
    Just make a simple flow that triggers some warnings if the set temperature or real indoor temperature is out of range. That's all. 
  • Willem said:
    Why don't let your thermostat / Homey sent you a notification on your phone, if someone sets the temp below 16 °C?
    Just make a simple flow that triggers some warnings if the set temperature or real indoor temperature is out of range. That's all. 
    U have to tell Nefit. It's standard build in config.
  • @caros since a couple of days i experience the same problem with my nest, already did a reauthorisation but it still doesn't work. Don't know how to fix it and if this is a Homey problem (most probably) or a Nest problem. 
  • @wingie, if I look at the API documentation from Nest it seems like there where to many requests. I find this strange, since my request is only once a day... Yesterday it went fine, but the day before I had the message again:

November 5, 22:47
    (Living Room Thermostat) Kon doeltemperatuur niet aanpassen naar __temp__, error: Error: BLOCKED: {"error":"blocked","type":"https://developer.nest.com/documentation/cloud/error-messages#blocked","message":"blocked","instance":"xxx-xxxx-xxx-xxx-xxxx"}