This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official Z-Wave CommunityApp

[APP Z-Wave] NEO Coolcam Z-Wave devices - Main discussion topic

Comments

• MarcelklimMarcelklim Member
    edited October 2017
    I have a question, i bought the Neo Coolcam NAS-DS01Z door sensor. As i read this is probably no eu version and should not work. But the sensor installed without a problem. Still it does not work. Ik could be that the distance is to far from homey, about 10 mtr. Occasionally it reports that the door is open, mostly there is no Reporting. Am i missing something here. As reported here, it should not work?...
  • BebopperBebopper Member
    edited October 2017
    Looks to me like it has installed just fine, but the distance between Homey and the sensor is simply too large and it does not have a reliable connection (because of that distance). I have exactly the same with some of my Neo door sensors. Adding more z-wave devices to increase the quality of your z-wave mesh network is the only solution (assuming that placing all sensors close to Homey is not an option ;-)).

I have found that adding a z-wave Fibaro plug and a Aeotec Siren (or any other A brand probably) improved my mesh network greatly (the Neo devices do not seem to be very good on it on their own).
    I have a question, i bought the Neo Coolcam NAS-DS01Z door sensor. As i read this is probably no eu version and should not work. But the sensor installed without a problem. Still it does not work. Ik could be that the distance is to far from homey, about 10 mtr. Occasionally it reports that the door is open, mostly there is no Reporting. Am i missing something here. As reported here, it should not work?...
  • For z-wave to become stable you cant just use battery powered devices in youre home.
    You also need constant powered devices like power plugs dimmers etc etc .

They act as a mesh router/repeater.
  • MarcelklimMarcelklim Member
    edited October 2017
    Thx probably that will solve the problem. Will order a fibaro plug, just in case. read that it solves many distance problems. Can other users confirm that the Neo cool cam Nas-DS01Z does work for everyone in the EU? 
  • Thx probably that will solve the problem. Will order a fibaro plug, just in case. read that it solves many distance problems. Can other users confirm that the Neo cool cam Nas-DS01Z does work for everyone in the EU? 
    I have three of them working fine here in NL.
  • Could you add the support for the touch switch with one channel? 
  • mruiter said:
    For z-wave to become stable you cant just use battery powered devices in youre home.
    You also need constant powered devices like power plugs dimmers etc etc .

They act as a mesh router/repeater.
    Sounds plausible, but after i switched from home assistent to homey, i have a lot more issues with my z-wave network.
    Especially the (powered!) neo wall switches on the 1st floor tend to lose the connection to the zwave network more than often.

Strange thing is that other (battery powered) neo PIR's on the same floor work just fine. 

Let's hope this can be fixed with a software update!
  • zwave indeed is also crap as hell on the 1.5.x series firmware
  • After buying a Fibaro plug and installing it in my corridor the neo wall plug did his job. From my corridor into my garage to the neo wall plug is exactly 7 mtrs, the distance off my freezer is 9 mtrs. In between there is a fire door( hope i translate this well). The fibaro did a good job into the garage. My freezer was to far and after i olugged an extra neo in it functioned great. So solution for me is 1 extra fibaro, and in that case i have 2 neo’s spare for indoor use.
  • Since a few days my NEO Door Sensor doesn't give a battery status anymore. Does anyone has this problem also, or knows a solution to this? I use all the default values from the app for this device and it has worked before. Also the contact sensor itself works perfectly.
  • Small bump, noone else having this problem?
  • Does it give you anything at all? I don't have a door sensor but I'm concerned my PIRs aren't reporting battery as they have been 100% since purchase 3months ago
  • @vaderag, in the beginning I've indeed received the battery status updates. Since my post nothing, but the sensor itself is still working.
  • I just placed the new SDKv2 version in the appstore.

Please note the name is not BETA for fun ;)

Its based on the new z-wave mesh-driver and the 1 button wall switch should also work now.
    Please report issue on github. That keeps things organized since im not much on the forum.

https://github.com/mruiter/com.neo/issues

• Added support for the keyfob with 3 buttons and the red emergency button.
    Its on my github in the beta branch. Please test

If there is someone with the single button SOS keychain i would love to have some info to implement it.
    There's nothing to be found on the internet yet on id's and command classes

• I am interested in buying either the single or dual touch switch. However I have one question to which I cannot find the answer. I want to use the switch to control my Garden lights. My garden lights consist of 5 traditional LED lights which have a combined wattage of 11 watt. These lights are currently switched by a traditional switch using one black wire to switch them all.

I can't imagine this isn't possible but better safe than sorry. Are the touch switches capable of switching all of the devices? In other words what is the maximum wattage of the touch switch?
  • Yes , they have a normal relais in them so they act as a normal wallswitch
  • New beta version 2.0.1 is available. the keyfob and the sos button are now supported.
    Please test and if it works for you i would also like to know so i can push the beta to stable
  • The latest BETA version 2.0.2 of the app seems to be pretty Rock Solid.

No reports of non working stuff has come in. If this stays until monday i will publish the beta 2 stable. So please, if you have noticed something not working, let me know.

I will also start 2 place a donation button next to the App. This donation button will go to a created paypal account and every 25 euro's it hits will be donated to charity. If you have a charity cause you would like to receive a donation let me know.
  • Caros said:
    Small bump, noone else having this problem?
    I do... Sensor is still working just fine but no batt stats.

• mruitermruiter Member
    edited December 2017
    Well i cant solve that. thats a homey problem in the zwave system.
    The new firmware that wil be comming next week to experimental could show some improvement on the battery. 

With any luck the 2.0 version of the app should also improve some since its using the brand new zwave mesh driver that is being created
  • I do have a question.
    I do have a Fibaro Multi movement sensor for a week. Working very well.
    Now I like to buy a new sensor but looking around I also see beside the Fibaro also a Neo Coolcam moving sensor.
    There is a price differnce between both (about €20).
    So my question is what sensor to buy and why?
    I only use the movement and lux part of thye sensor.
    IS the Neo Coolcam as reliable as Fibaro?

Thanks for the answers
  • neo has lux and movement . Fibaro also has temp tamper and earth quake sensors .
    so neo will be perfect if you only need  movement and lux

Some people say neo is better some say fibaro. 

Bugspeople encounter are are caused by the homey core so there’s nothing the device can do about it.

I prefer neo. But what else can I say as creator of the neo app

at least neo app is based on the new sdkv2 and the new mesh driver.
    fibaro seems a long way from that on homey 
  • I just received a first goal for the first 25 euro donation for the Neo app.

Its gonna be http://www.girodikika.nl/klop

The donation button will be on the app page when Athom accepts the new version of the app. so when the new version 2.0.3 will hit the appstore monday please be kind and donate. every little bit helps
  • The new V2 series has been published to the appstore and i guess many users allready autoupdated to this version.

Pay attention:

Due to the new mesh-driver and different siren cards there are some cards that need fixing in youre flows

The meter reset on plugs card is a new one. Youre flows will probably need fixing
    Siren trigger card changed and could be that youre flows are broken and need fixing.

Enjoy
  • vaderagvaderag Member
    edited December 2017
    One of my PIRs seems to have stopped working. Still shows in homey but none of the information is updating. What's the best way to reset to try make it find the connection again? 
    Never had an issue before and nothing has changed in the setup so think it just needs a ping

NB. It's not run out of battery as still flashes when it sees motion
  • You can hit the join button inside 3 times quickly

• vaderagvaderag Member
    edited December 2017
    mruiter said:
    You can hit the join button inside 3 times quickly

Thanks - i'll try that. 
    Oddly it's still showing in my mesh, so not sure what's happened

EDIT: Actually, before reseting i just ran a basic test and it's picking up motion, so must be something wrong in the flow... which is odd, as I havent changed it!

EDIT2: No - it is the device... the flow has a luminence level which doesnt seem to be being picked up by the device (tho it's getting the motion alarm...) I'll try the triple press...

EDIT3: Okay, after triple pressing I now see a battery level (of 100 which i'm pretty sure is incorrect), but no luminence value... any ideas?!
  • I added the single wall switch (running 1.5.6.rc7) and directly after adding it worked fine. Now, I can't control it from Homey anymore, every time I get 'TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_ACK_UNKNOWN' error. When I press the touch button, the status is updated in Homey (app). If I try to switch from Homey shortly after pressing the button, it works. But soon after it again gives 'TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_ACK_UNKNOWN' every time I try to switch.

Also, things look rather weird in the developer tools. Any ideas?

I'm talking about node 36 ('Wandlamp zolder'), the tiny stripe in the top of the below chart.

Also, what's up with the Espresso route, going through node 10, 50 and 2, all of which don't exist? It's a Neo Coolcam power socket by the way; all devices you see are Neo Coolcam, expect for the Homey of course :)

• mruitermruiter Member
    edited December 2017
    TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_ACK_UNKNOWN is a known Homey RC7 Z-wave bug.

No info has been released by athom so far. They keep quit for now on the slack channels about the trouble.

I also see you have a NEO Pir. I'm getting some reports of Lux not getting in. Does  that work OK for you ?
    All my pirs keer reporting so i wonder if this is also caused by RC7 ?

Well, 2 look on the bright side. Battery reporting seems to work again for most devices on RC7  :D