This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[APP] Owntracks client for Homey

Comments

• @roel_hendr ;
    Open the owntracks app on your phone and go to the map view and see where your phone thinks you are..

Since you are also on slack, perhaps talking there I faster. 

Slack name is scanno
  • SpydroneSpydrone Member
    edited September 2017

I’m failing connecting my phone via HTTP (without a MQTT broker). It’s keep giving me errors. I’ve done the following:

- Created an user (t1) within the homey OwnTracks app (to retrieve a user token ID for the URL).

- Added the URL to the OwnTracks app on my phone (also containing the homey cloud ID - see screenshot).

The OwnTracker app on my iPhone is giving me the following error:

idle The operation couldn’t be completed. (kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork error 1.) { "_kCFStreamErrorCodeKey" = 1; "_kCFStreamErrorDomainKey" = 12; }

Also tried entering authentication credentials (homey account credentials?) Still no connection.

• @Spydrone guess your homey lost the connection to the athom cloud
  • @Spydrone guess your homey lost the connection to the athom cloud
    I'm not receiving any warning on that, like below.

There are no further steps required that a did right? Like forwarding ports in my router.
  • @Spydrone
    When using the athom cloud there is no need to setup anything in your home network. That is the good thing about the athom cloud. 

You can check if athom cloud is the problem by using your phone and try the homey phone app (when not connected to your wifi network) and see if that one is working.

Are you sure you have used the correct cloud ID (not typo's?)
    Besides that there were cloud problems (and my homey also isn't connected to the cloud at the moment). 
  • @Spydrone
    When using the athom cloud there is no need to setup anything in your home network. That is the good thing about the athom cloud. 

You can check if athom cloud is the problem by using your phone and try the homey phone app (when not connected to your wifi network) and see if that one is working.

Are you sure you have used the correct cloud ID (not typo's?)
    Besides that there were cloud problems (and my homey also isn't connected to the cloud at the moment). 
    Tested the homey app and it's working over a 4G connection.

I checked the url a few times for typo's and blank spaces, no errors there. Is the above URL within the tutorial still up-to-date?

Don't I need to enter authentication credentials (UserID/Password)? The app is telling me they're required. Homey account credentials (mail address / password)?
  • edited September 2017
    @Spydrone
    You used the token ID that is generated in the owntracks homey app (see settings)?

The URL needs two components
    One is your athom cloud ID and second is a token that is generated for a user in the owntracks homey app.
    Just tested it. Works here for me like it should. So the URL is still good. 
  • SpydroneSpydrone Member
    edited September 2017
    @Spydrone
    You used the token ID that is generated in the owntracks homey app (see settings)? 
    Yes, added a user within the Owntracks client App (on Homey) just regenerated a new token ID (to test) and updated the URL.
  • Any messages from the owntracks app in the homey notification tray? 
  • Any messages from the owntracks app in the homey notification tray? 
    Only a notification I've created the user. Also the log is not showing signs of a connection.
  • hi, since last update all flows containing Owntracks are broken :-( Are you aware of this?

• ingmar said:
    hi, since last update all flows containing Owntracks are broken :-( Are you aware of this?

Yes I warned about the fact that the old topic based trigger cards would be removed on version 2
  • ingmar said:
    hi, since last update all flows containing Owntracks are broken :-( Are you aware of this?

Yes I warned about the fact that the old topic based trigger cards would be removed on version 2

Oh I see, due to sdk 2 :-) thanks
  • Hi,

I use the Owntracks app (v2.0.2) quite a while now. When it works I'm happy, but noticed lately that when I restart Homey, all settings are gone. I have no users and no geofences anymore. 

In logs I see this:
    20170908-15:54:38 Parsing userArray failed: SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input
    20170908-15:54:38 Parsing fenceArray failed: SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input

Can someone explain this?
  • Hi,

I use the Owntracks app (v2.0.2) quite a while now. When it works I'm happy, but noticed lately that when I restart Homey, all settings are gone. I have no users and no geofences anymore. 

In logs I see this:
    20170908-15:54:38 Parsing userArray failed: SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input
    20170908-15:54:38 Parsing fenceArray failed: SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input

Seems like the stored data is corrupted somehow. Select the delete user data button from settings to delete the files
  • Hi,

In logs I see this:

I had the same, just resave the regions in the owtracks smartphone app so they get readded to Homey.
  • Yes did that, but in homey the users are also gone. Have to recreate them manually and then they get a new uuid. This means I have to adjust the connection settings on each smartphone every time. 

It shouldn't be that I need to do this when I restart homey.

Also I don't understand to press the delete user button when there are no users anymore?
  • Yes did that, but in homey the users are also gone. Have to recreate them manually and then they get a new uuid. This means I have to adjust the connection settings on each smartphone every time. 

It shouldn't be that I need to do this when I restart homey.

Also I don't understand to press the delete user button when there are no users anymore?

Because there is data written to a file. That file is corrupt with the result that the saved data is not loaded.

By pressing delete, those files get deleted also, so next time your data will not be lost anymore because they are correctly saved and loaded 
  • Don't know if I have to post this here, or in the Cloudmqtt-topic, so I'll try here. :)

I very frequently get notifications about ENETUNREACH, ENOTFOUND and EAI_AGAIN.
    Anyone else having this problem?
  • mbalik79mbalik79 Member
    edited October 2017
    I have a question about the owntracks app. 
    Have the owntracks app running on homey , my phone and my wife's phone. I have set the geofences (places) on my phone and see these in the homey Owntacks app. 
    Can I trigger on these geofences on my wife's phone? Or do I need to set them also in here owntrack app on here phone?
    edited October 2017
    Think I found the anwer on my question.  Now I have owntracks on http. If I install a mqtt-broker all the geofences are shared with all the people who are sending to the same broker.  
    Could someone confirm this?
  • mbalik79 said:
    Think I found the anwer on my question.  Now I have owntracks on http. If I install a mqtt-broker all the geofences are shared with all the people who are sending to the same broker.  
    Could someone confirm this?

No. Geofences are not shared. Using a broker you can see the location of others, but the Geofences definities are not shared. 

Is something on the ToDo list. 
    edited October 2017
    Ok @MennoVanGrinsven   thanks for the answer...(would be great if that works)

• mbalik79 said:
    Ok @MennoVanGrinsven   thanks for the answer...(would be great if that works)

You know that there is a mqtt broker for Homey? 
  • @MennoVanGrinsven yes I know, but I don 't see what the extra options are. Using owntracks over http is working, so why using a mqtt-broker? Maybe you can tell?
  • @MennoVanGrinsven, Yesterday I updated from an Owntracks version where topics were used to the newest version of Owntracks. I don't exactly understand how to get it to work on the new way. I enabled the use of the MQTT broker. 

I have MQTT running on a RPi so in my settings of the Owntracks app, my username is pi. My geofence "Thuis" is automatically loaded in the Owntracks Homey app, and it loads pi as a user, but how can I distinguish the difference between my girlfriend entering/leaving or myself?
  • Skorpion said:
    @MennoVanGrinsven, Yesterday I updated from an Owntracks version where topics were used to the newest version of Owntracks. I don't exactly understand how to get it to work on the new way. I enabled the use of the MQTT broker. 

I have MQTT running on a RPi so in my settings of the Owntracks app, my username is pi. My geofence "Thuis" is automatically loaded in the Owntracks Homey app, and it loads pi as a user, but how can I distinguish the difference between my girlfriend entering/leaving or myself?

Use different users on mqtt level
  • Thanks for the quick reply. Don't know how I easily can add new users on my RPi broker, so reverted to a previous version for now.

Will it be possible to check on same user but different DeviceID in a future update?  
  • Skorpion said:
    Thanks for the quick reply. Don't know how I easily can add new users on my RPi broker, so reverted to a previous version for now.

Will it be possible to check on same user but different DeviceID in a future update?  

Checking on the same user, but a different device id is a bit difficult and would go against the interface specifications from owntracks. 

Adding users to the mosquito broker is pretty easy. It is just a commandline with user ID and password. 

But if you are only using the mqtt broker for usage with homey, you could have a look at my mqtt broker app for Homey. There you can specify users from the settings page. 
  • Skorpion said:
    Thanks for the quick reply. Don't know how I easily can add new users on my RPi broker, so reverted to a previous version for now.

Did you manage to add different users to the MQTT broker on your pi? Besides using a MQTT broker, you can also use https through the Atom Cloud.