This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Ikea Tradfi not pairing/reqonized

2»

Comments

• my 3 new bulbs and one of the old (not working) bulbs are now all paired, it start to work when i unplugged ALL ikea bulbs from power. (so turn power switch off or unplug power cord).

When no ikea bulbs had any power my old not working bulb could be added and the new ones worked also the first time i tried.

So yes, when you want to add new ikea bulbs make it your self easy and unplug all ikea bulbs first.
    Just turning them off using homey does not work, the bulbs should be without power!

So all my ikea bulbs are now working, but sadly i am not that satified about these bulbs.
    1. z-wave works better, if a bulb does not respond zigbee does not try too switch it again.
    2. random and regualy i get a red triangle with an error code on my zigby ikea lights, my zigbee network is big enough (about 10 bulbs) and 3 lights are within 2 meter of Homey, so it cannot be distance etc as the code suggest.

• RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited October 2017
    What i did was: start the reset of the bulb during the pairing. Slowly turn the bulb off and on during the pairing process made it happen for me. And the tooltip in Homey says u need to do it quick but there is no need for doin it quick. Just like in the IKEA vid on youtube, slowly off and on.
  • the reset never worked for me, it started to work when i unplugged the devices.
    Maybe i reached the 10 bulb limit of the original ikea dimmer/controller?
  • I managed to pair the bulb eventually. Just trial and error. Do not have a clue.
  • B3rt said:
    the reset never worked for me, it started to work when i unplugged the devices.
    Maybe i reached the 10 bulb limit of the original ikea dimmer/controller?
    Its possible to add more then 10 bulbs to Homey....
  • B3rtB3rt Member
    edited October 2017
    yep, i got 13 now but you can only add max 10 lights to 1 ikea dimmer (not controller).
  • Damn, trying my ass off. Have a bulb bought with the dimmer, cant seem to get it paired with Homey. The dimmer workst okay. 
  • WRosWRos Member
    edited October 2017
    Damn, trying my ass off. Have a bulb bought with the dimmer, cant seem to get it paired with Homey. The dimmer workst okay. 
    This weekend I bought some bulbs too. Pairing was a little trick. It works.
    I've started next to homey. The "normal" switch off-on method wasn't working. After the 6 times fast switch off-on, the bulb is pairing.
    What have you done?
  • WRos said:
    Damn, trying my ass off. Have a bulb bought with the dimmer, cant seem to get it paired with Homey. The dimmer workst okay. 
    This weekend I bought some bulbs too. Pairing was a little trick. It works.
    I've started next to homey. The "normal" switch off-on method wasn't working. After the 6 times fast switch off-on, the bulb is pairing.
    What have you done?
    About 30 times the 6 off-on reset method with short pauses, long pauses, 0.5-1sec, unlink dimmer and try to pair, link dimmer, try to pair. Tried all the suggested solutions i could possibly find. :-(
  • Damn, trying my ass off. Have a bulb bought with the dimmer, cant seem to get it paired with Homey. The dimmer workst okay. 
    Unpair the bulb with the dimmer first. You can't pair the bulb with the dimmer AND homey at the same time. 
  • Ronald_A said:
    Unpair the bulb with the dimmer first. You can't pair the bulb with the dimmer AND homey at the same time. 
    Okay nice to know, thanks! Is the opposite way possible? First the homey, then the dimmer?
  • Ronald_A said:
    Okay nice to know, thanks! Is the opposite way possible? First the homey, then the dimmer?
    Nope, not possible to pair to both. Only way is to pair the bulb with homey and the dimmer with homey and control the bulb my means of a flow.
  • Ronald_A said:
    Ronald_A said:
    Nope, not possible to pair to both. Only way is to pair the bulb with homey and the dimmer with homey and control the bulb my means of a flow.
    Okay thanks, Unfortunately didn't want to pair with Homey. First unpaired /reset the dimmer, then tried to pair. Did several 6x resets but nope :(
  • Hmm, bought my first IKEA set (dimmer/e27 bulb) testerday. Took quite some time to pair, also did the 6x to reset and although it never blinked twice it probably got resetted because I was able to pair it (but had to move my light just next to Homey to pair, controlling it works at a distance). 

Quick question though, when the bulb goes on or off it first goes -for a fraction of a second-  to a different dimminglevel before going to the intended level, is that normal behaviour (because it is very irritating...).  Or is the bulb faulty?
  • I had the same issue, bought two E27 bulbs, both didn't connect and had to be resetted. The first was done in minutes, the second one didn't want to connect.

After trying all kinds of reset sequences I remembered that I followed the Ikea instruction movie with the first bulb when resetting. So tried that, following their exact pace and it worked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJm9YpPrGzk

Seems the E27 is a bit picky.. 
  • Regarding the 5 button remote:
    Can somebody help me (and according to this thread https://apps.athom.com/app/com.ikea.tradfri some other users too) how to add the 5 button remote as a generic Zigbee device? I have Homey looking for a Zigbee device while pressing the pairing button on the back of the remote but it finds nothing, keeps timing out. Is this the correct way to do this?
  • B3rtB3rt Member
    Need again some help with this stupid ikea lights..

I want to add a light, when i start the wizzard and asked to switch it off and on again.

It is reqonized and want to start adding.

After a few minutes it reporst NO zigbee device found.

I tried this several times but everytime the same result.
    I rebooted homey, resetted the bulb also several times (it does respond with 2 quick flashes) and start pairing again, but everytime the same result: start adding/pairing and then no zigbee devices found after a while.

This happend me a few weeks back also, but sudden it was added and now exactly the same thing.

I really 'hate' this ikea lights, they are really bad......  I keep fighting with them.

Any one an idea how i can fix this or maybe retireve info why i have this problem?