This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey Smartphone App (Preview)

lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
edited April 2018 in Announcements
Note: this app is in an early phase of development. Many more features will be added soon.

Apart from massive speed improvements, with the next generation Homey app you can already do a lot more than with the previous version:

- Chat  (turn synthesize on to let  Homey talk back through your phone)
- Run flows from within the app
- Manage apps
- Alarms

Android Homey Beta available on Google Play
iPhone users can signup here for early access.
Note: For now it's mobile only, tablet support will be added later

Use this topic to talk about the new mobile app, don't forget it's still BETA

Find any issues or have feature requests, report them on the Github of Athom

Comments

• albertdijksmaalbertdijksma Member
    edited October 2017

Wow

Good work.

After first use it looks like a disco in my house.

All lights are switching on and off, also all my flows are started automatically.

After all my homey makes automatically a reboot.

After this reboot and a crass of the android app it is working.

• Yes! Can't wait to try it on iOS!
  • Are there coming widgets for Android on this app?
  • huh not compatible for a galaxy tab S2 ???
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited October 2017
    Denn1992 said:
    Are there coming widgets for Android on this app?
    In later updates, they told about it in the updates here on the forum/blog  :) 
    satbopper said:
    huh not compatible for a galaxy tab S2 ???
    Alpha/Beta is only mobile, no tablet yet. Framework they use supports both but for now they first focus on the technical part of the app and that all features will work before UI/Tablet
  • Looks Nice. I think this could make it easyer.
  • What's also nice is that you can see when you click on an device is the flows it is in.
    Also you can see the app which is responsible for that device.
    Clicking on the app you get all the devices which belong to that app. 
    You can then click on that device to control that device.

You might get the idea I'm trying to create: you can click along to get what you want to see.
  • Anyone have problems that the app keeps GPS active, even after 'closing' the app? I have this problem with the V1 and V2 app on my Galaxy S7. Made an issue for it: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1880
  • Like the app! Although one thing I noticed on install; Way to many access (media, files, contacts, location etc. etc.) I doubt if all is necessary.

And a lot to be done still :) But patience is a virtue.
  • Very nice app! 
    Nice speed improvements, and nice to have less buttons to press to turn on a device.

What can I do in the Chat? When I ask a question like "Are the lights on?" it does nothing, not even a "I do not understand"
    Typing in chat is difficult as the textbox is hidden under the keyboard, I have to use the back arrow to remove the keyboard and see what I typed and also send the message to Homey.

Looking forward in playing with this app!
  • Tiyrell said:
    Very nice app! 
    Nice speed improvements, and nice to have less buttons to press to turn on a device.

What can I do in the Chat? When I ask a question like "Are the lights on?" it does nothing, not even a "I do not understand"
    Typing in chat is difficult as the textbox is hidden under the keyboard, I have to use the back arrow to remove the keyboard and see what I typed and also send the message to Homey.

Looking forward in playing with this app!
    For example lights on / lampen aan works just like with fb messenger / speech-input page :) 
  • Thanks, I see it is indeed the same as speech-input. Hope homey will get smarter as well and will be able to interpret questions, use chat as output instead of a push. 
    Good stuff seeing this progress
  • GeurtDijkerGeurtDijker Member
    edited October 2017

Wow

Good work.

After first use it looks like a disco in my house.

All lights are switching on and off, also all my flows are started automatically.

After all my homey makes automatically a reboot.

After this reboot and a crass of the android app it is working. 

There was an issue in the App, but it is fixed already.
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1873
  • xAPPOxAPPO Member
    edited October 2017
    Great job guys - heading in all the right directions !

One request ...  PLEASE (that’s a big please) do implement portrait/landscape when you polish the apps.  My house has wall mounted controllers fixed in landscape orientation.  That is the way that Crestron mounts work  (for example).
  • Knowing this is Alpha it's a great app. It is much faster than the old one but user experience and design is....not my thing. Have you guys ever took a look at the apps from competitors like homee, homekit, fibaro etc. concerning the design? Seeing this makes me a bit afraid thinking about the "Mobile First" topic.
  • Love the new app. It's a good start!
  • Can someone share some screenshots or a video?
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2017
    @Seraphim this is workings only,  looks later beta, gui is still bound to change a lot
  • Any ETA on iOS availability?
  • Like it!

The added functionality is great, also the possibility to 'dug deeper'; clicking on items opens extra screens and shows more information and options. Kewl! And, great speed!

I have tried to add screenshots, but failed. Uploading photo's doesn't work atm. Tried both via Chrome and Safari.

Apple takes their sweet time for new apps to check out.
    When I understood Athom correct: they where both uploaded at the same time (Google store and Apple Store).
    When I understood Athom correct: they where both uploaded at the same time (Google store and Apple Store).
    So this can take weeks?
    So this can take weeks?
    No, couple of days.
    So this can take weeks?
    No, couple of days.
    Oo. thanks
  • Video: 
    And images can be found on Google Play Store itself: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.athom.homey2
  • Video: 
    And images can be found on Google Play Store itself: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.athom.homey2
    Nice video!
    Well done.

I noticed that you als have two switches on your television device: one next to the device name and one further down with the label 'Turned on'.

Do you have any idea what the difference is between the two?

• Yes, I have one smart socket, called Television (Aeotec Smart Switch 6). Then I have also one Better Logic Button (trigger) with the name TV On/Off. This one was on the Home Screen of the old app so that I can easily toggle the flow which starts the TV and the belonging Harmony Hub flow :)  (or turns the TV off when it's already on).
  • For an alpha version it works quite nice, I had it only crash once  :D

The sequence of all devices is a big secret to me... The grouping per room is not (yet) there. Switching on a alarm siren worked perfect; switching off didn't... Fortunately the the old app is still working :)

Looking forward to more features!
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited October 2017
    RuudvB said:
    For an alpha version it works quite nice, I had it only crash once  :D

The sequence of all devices is a big secret to me... The grouping per room is not (yet) there. Switching on a alarm siren worked perfect; switching off didn't... Fortunately the the old app is still working :)

Looking forward to more features!
    Zones is already working just like in your Homey, you need to press the door next to the search at your devices tap to switch rooms :)

• Zones is already working just like in your Homey, you need to press the door next to the search at your devices tap to switch rooms :)
    You are correct. The door icon looks dimmed; probably overlooked it.
    This works much better then the old app, you don't need to go back but can jump straight to another room.