This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[Published] Ziggo Horizon app

2»

Comments

• Oskar said:
    jorden said:
    Oskar said:
    Jordan, I like this app, as it particularly helps to overcome my link with Harmony that only issues IR commands, Should I get this working as planne, I can now use the "Guide" button on Harmony, via Homey, to send the WIFI commands "guide" (now done via a series of button presses via the harmony app).

However, not there yet. My Horizon box does not react to any command so far. I have a separate modem/router, so I changed the Horizon IP address to my local network. This works as I can now login to Horizon directly  from my network. But via the Homey app I get no reaction. I thought possibly setting changes on the separate WIFI capability of the Horizon box could be related but this also did not make a difference.
    Somehow a connection seems to be linked in a different way, however I am not clear on how to go further in tracing or testing where the link is broken

Any ideas?
    Can you ping both Homey and the Horizon box with your laptop if you are in the same network? You might also want to try to set the IP in the Homey-Horizon-app to one higher (+1) than the one you think it is... that has worked for some people.
    So if your Horizon is at 192.168.1.7, try 192.168.1.8 as the IP in Homey and try if that works.
    I can ping all of indeed both (192.168.1.24 is Homey and **.27 is Horizon). Interestingly the Horizon box created a lot of entries in my DHCP table. UPCGW-7822 is the one on **.27 and is online. Then there are 15 other hostnames: UPCGW-2200, UPCGW-2201 up to UPCGW-220E (I expected a UPCGW-220F, but is not there) and then a UPCGW-2242. The associated IP addresses are not in same order as other client have some of those addresses in use. I am not sure which one is most logical to pick.
    The Horizon box is off now and, with exception of the host UPCGW-7822 on IP **.27, all other associated hosts are offline as well. So it would not make sense if I test **.28 now knowing it is offline.

I will see what happens if I test a power-toggle and some other buttons on alternative IPs, and will share my findings.
    After testing further with UPCGW-7822 and UPCGW-2200, both on **.27, no reaction. 
    On **.28, the next in the IP range (hostname UPCGW-2208) also no reaction
    Then I took UPCGW-2201 (the next hostname in range) on IP **.54 also no reaction.
    And lastly I added UPCGW-2242 (one of the hostnames out of an expected order), on **.55 have also no reaction.

• jorden said:
    Steefph said:
    @jorden , just wondering, I'm in the old Ziggo area and can't use the Horizon as a modem in the network. I understand you've got the same and set-up the unit as a client. Does ondemand still work? And the Netflix app?  
    I don't use the Netflix app, but it works. Ondemand I do use and works as well. The only thing that changes is that it doesn't act as a bridge in your network, although it does for your "extra" Horizon mediaboxes (I have one extra in the bedroom).
    Thanks! I tried it a while ago and setting the box to "bestaand netwerk" kept the DHCP server running on the box which messed with the whole network. It seems you do not have these issues, so worth another try :)
  • edited October 2017
    Modbreak
    Moved this question "Problem with homey and ziggo horizon" to the App Discussion as Danny is using this App.

when i make a flow in homey to start my horizon box and switch to a low channel <10 then it works, when i change my flow and make it switch to a high channel, for example 807 then it switches to 80 or 8 or 07 or 7 and sometimes when i am Lucky it switches to 807 but that is only once out of ten times or so. Anyone else a solution for this problem ??
  • Nobody ??
  • I use 3 switches with 1 sec. delay, first one set an 8, second one an 0 en the thirth an 6 to switch to 806, I must confess that it is not working 100% but about 95%.
  • tried it and indeed, doesn't work 100 % but better dan 1 switch