This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
tradfri

Ikea Tradfri smart light products

Comments

• Now my bulb is working I want to make a slider with better logic to dim the light. 

I created a number var with better logic and made a device with better logic paired with this variable.

however, in flows this device is not available like a bit flip button is.

any ideas how I can make a slider button to control the dim level of the bulb?
  • works for me, set a delay in the "increment number variable":

what device did you connect to the variable? Which slider button? You have to use a variable with a value between 0 and 1 for dimming...

• alexkostalexkost Member
    edited September 2017
    hello
    could you explain 

how to connect own pult and homey together? 
    if  I connect pult - homey is lost connection
    if  I connect Homey  - pult is lost connection
    I can't to do together
  • Installed 2 tradfri lights yesterday (gu10).
    It worked fine (when Homey was close enough during the pairing process) but at it's normal location it doesn't work (+/-12m same floor, direct line, 2 doors).
    Anyone already connected his tradfri bulbs tot the Hue hub? I googled it and it seems to be possible if the bulbs have the latest firmware version. But you need a tradfri hub to update them..
  • 12 meters is too far for Zigbee is my experience. I use plugwise and more then 5-6 meters is too much. They do form a great mesh though (can't see it but I notice by the speed of those plugs).
  • alexkost said:
    hello
    could you explain 

I can't to do together
    What is Pult? what do you want to connect to what?
  • What I would like to do is to dimm the lights with the Rotating Dimmer

After updating the bulbs to the latest firmware with a Bridge I can dim the bulbs directly from Homey in devices

In Homey I created a variable (number) and set it to 0.01
    In a flow the TRADFRI Rotating Dimmer can create output.

So When I turn the dimmer Homey will say something between 0.01 and 1.00

But If I create a flow with the dimmer and the bulbs I cannot set the dimm level.
    I only have brightness or relative brightness. 

Any suggestions?

• Drag the label to the light:

Might take some tries to work...
  • The TRADFRI bulb E14 opal 400lm 5.3Watt Pear shape with the latest firmware (1.2.214) cannot be dimmed with Homey. It shows up as Unknown ZigBee device

Connected to the Bridge and the IOS app or dimmer it can be dimmed

Does the Homey Ikea Tradfri app needs an update?

• bvdbos said:
    Drag the label to the light:

Thanks...!
    it needed some tries to work indeed. Got a NOT possible sign all the times when not dragged properly
  • Probably, do you have a product-id? Could you file an issue (request for enhancement) at:
    https://github.com/athombv/com.ikea.tradfri/issues
  • bvdbos said:
    Probably, do you have a product-id? Could you file an issue (request for enhancement) at:
    https://github.com/athombv/com.ikea.tradfri/issues
    Yes, I will file an issue
  • epjjansen said:
    bvdbos said:
    Drag the label to the light:

Thanks...!
    it needed some tries to work indeed. Got a NOT possible sign all the times when not dragged properly
    Made some slight adjustments to turn the lights really off when set low

AND: Math.js expression

ELSE Turn off <span>:smiley:</span>
  • Hello,
    Are the TRADFRI light bulbs Bi-directional ?
    (is it possible for the Bulbs to communicate its state/condition (on/off/dim) to Homey?)

• keverjeroenkeverjeroen Member
    edited September 2017
    PacoS said:
    Hello,
    Are the TRADFRI light bulbs Bi-directional ?
    (is it possible for the Bulbs to communicate its state/condition (on/off/dim) to Homey?)

Yes it does. Homey knows the on/off state, dim level and color temp of the Ikea bulps.
  • JPe said:
    alexkost said:
    hello
    could you explain 

I can't to do together
    i have like photo
    i would like to connect pult and homey togethe to lamp

http://http//www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70353343/

• Hey Alex,
    what is your native language? ;-)

I guess the problem above is we don't know what Pult is, but googling and reading the manual of what we call the "Remote Control" http://www.ikea.com/nl/nl/manuals/tradfri-dimset__AA-1894598-5_pub.pdf 
    this Remote is what you call the Pult   ??

Seadme tüüp: Juhtmevaba kaugjuhtimispult (EESTI)
    Iekārtas tips: bezvadu tālvadības pults (LATVIEŠU)
    Type of equipment: Wireless remote control

I am not sure it is possible to connect both at the same time.
    First: The Wireless remote control is not supported by Homey at the moment.
    Second I have seen after controlling lights directly with the rotating Dimmer strange things, Homey doesn't know about the changed status of the light bulb, making things inconsistent. 
    Although I like the idea of having a direct control this is certainly not ideal from the Homey (or Remote control) experience.

I will look if I can test it again. 
  • Hey Alex,
    what is your native language? ;-)

I guess the problem above is we don't know what Pult is, but googling and reading the manual of what we call the "Remote Control" http://www.ikea.com/nl/nl/manuals/tradfri-dimset__AA-1894598-5_pub.pdf 
    this Remote is what you call the Pult   ??

Seadme tüüp: Juhtmevaba kaugjuhtimispult (EESTI)
    Iekārtas tips: bezvadu tālvadības pults (LATVIEŠU)
    Type of equipment: Wireless remote control

I am not sure it is possible to connect both at the same time.
    First: The Wireless remote control is not supported by Homey at the moment.
    Second I have seen after controlling lights directly with the rotating Dimmer strange things, Homey doesn't know about the changed status of the light bulb, making things inconsistent. 
    Although I like the idea of having a direct control this is certainly not ideal from the Homey (or Remote control) experience.

I will look if I can test it again. 
    Thank you. I'm from Russia. in Russian pult = remote control. Sorry for the misunderstanding. it would be great to connect remote control and homey. in flow it will always be possible to turn off the lamp first and then turn it on and vice versa.
  • The other remote from Ikea does work, this one not yet as @GeurtDijker says...
  • Hi, i did ad 6 GU10 lamps but there is no dimming slider.
    Is this something that will be added in the future?
    THX!
  • @cautje
    You did installed the Ikea app right? Got my GU10 paired with slider etc.
    Might be the Device ID etc. changed? Read something about that somewhere...if that is the case, you might need to wait on an app update.
  • @cautje
    What type GU10 Bulbs did you add?
    yesterday I grabbed the wrong type TradFri GU10 bulbs. These were only Dim, not Color Temperature. The bulbs are not on the (Dutch)  IKEA Site yet.  Guess these IDs are not yet in the App 
    See my msg in the Dutch section. 
  • The assortment of IKEA Tradfri seems to be growing fast by creating lots of variants. You have to be very careful when selecting the right bulb with desired capabilities and App support. Maybe it would be best to add the IKEA part (article) numbers to the list of supported bulbs?

• arthur said:
    The assortment of IKEA Tradfri seems to be growing fast by creating lots of variants. You have to be very careful when selecting the right bulb with desired capabilities and App support. Maybe it would be best to add the IKEA part (article) numbers to the list of supported bulbs?

@arthur you don't have to choose at all... if the right product ID's are embedded into the Homey (Zigbee) apps you can simply select to add a Zigbee device and  based on the product ID's the right app and driver is selected...
  • @TedTolboom In the ideal world you'r right however, i bought 2 supposedly supported bulbs and both turned out not natively supported at the moment. If I knew that beforehand, i wouldn't have wasted my time and get (slightly) frustrated on it.
  • @arthur I still believe we're living in an ideal world where IKEA is rapidly releasing new products (and updating it's available products with new firmware) and although I know Athom is in contact with IKEA, it is not all pre-announced...
    and I'm sure Athom will update the product ID's within the IKEA app soon....
  • GeurtDijkerGeurtDijker Member
    edited September 2017
    alexkost said:loo
    JPe said:
    alexkost said:
    hello
    i have like photo
    i would like to connect pult and homey togethe to lamp

http://http//www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70353343/
    Welkome from Russia!
    Nice to hear where Homey finds its ways!
    To come back on your issue:
    Yes I see here  the same,  a bulp can only be paired with one device at a time.
    While (as far as I read in the manuals ) it is possible with the IKEA Hub to Pair the Bulb to both the Hub and a what they call "Steering Device"  like the 5 button remote. 

Would be nice if that would also be possible with Homey! (Yeah I Already miss it, I want direct control if possible to eliminate Homey as a Single Point of Failure. ) I guess it is not easy but we could always make a feature request.
  • GeurtDijkerGeurtDijker Member
    edited September 2017
    @alexkost

I created an GH issue for your Qestion, I like the Direct Association with the bundles remotes also. 
    https://github.com/athombv/com.ikea.tradfri/issues/18
    Reproduced this issue today with a Float panel an a TRADFRI 5 Button Remote

• @cautje
    What type GU10 Bulbs did you add?
    yesterday I grabbed the wrong type TradFri GU10 bulbs. These were only Dim, not Color Temperature. The bulbs are not on the (Dutch)  IKEA Site yet.  Guess these IDs are not yet in the App 
    See my msg in the Dutch section. 

Hello, I bought a TRADFRI bulb GU10 400lm, 2700K dimmable led light, from Ikea Belgium.

It is not recognised by the IKEA Trådfri app.

It appears in HOMEY as an Unknown ZigBee device, with only on/off possebilities.

Any ideas on this or is it the same issue ?