This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Smartthings sensors ?

Will Homy support smartThings sensors like a motion, temp, aware sensors ?
https://shop.smartthings.com/#!/products

are there other sensors people would advise over smartthings?

Comments

• JaapPeltJaapPelt Member
    edited September 2015

Fibaro are very good. They are a bit expensive, but they have a ton of features. Just have a look at the fibaro motion sensor. I don't have any myself yet, but I have heared nothing but good things about fibaro.

Is you are just getting started, cheap 433mhz stuff like klik-aan-klik-uit (click-on-click-off) are actually pretty good to get going. Once you have figured out how you want to expend, you know where it is worth to invest en more reliable sensors

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

I'm not sure.. they use zigbee, but that doesn't say that much about the protocol used (as compared to Z-Wave, which is all standardized).

• I have moved from SmartThings to Homey and I have a couple of SmartThings door/window sensors in place. Would you be integrating their sensors as zigbee has been enabled on Homey as of the last rc update?
  • mehakb said:
    I have moved from SmartThings to Homey and I have a couple of SmartThings door/window sensors in place. Would you be integrating their sensors as zigbee has been enabled on Homey as of the last rc update?
    Already had direct contact with @mehakb; I'll have a look into making an app for Smartthings
  • Thanks @TedTolboom for your quick response.
  • mehakb said:
    I have moved from SmartThings to Homey and I have a couple of SmartThings door/window sensors in place. Would you be integrating their sensors as zigbee has been enabled on Homey as of the last rc update?
    same here, an app for smartthings would be great