This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official Z-Wave Aeotec

[App] Aeotec by Athom - main discussion topic

Comments

• RebtorRebtor Member
    edited May 2017
    @CyberSponk this only with the smart Switch? Because i have seen a lot of zwave drivers but non i have seen handels the on - off parameter in driver / App. This seems tot be handeld by the Homey driver.
  • CyberSponkCyberSponk Member
    edited May 2017
    @Rebtor Smart Switcheasy? Have only SmartSwitch 5Generation and no other Switches e.g. Fibaro. And it's only the On/Off State of the Device. If rebooted the Switch is Off but the Information about Energy works. Did not know if this is a Bug or if a setting is wrong.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited May 2017
    @cybersponk what version of homey are you now in?
    IN 1.3 RC7 there can be a lot of senddata_timeout on the GET call to the device

@Rebtor all zwave devices that have the onoff capability GET the status from the device on startup of the app, in the driver, which then also handles the REPORT the device sends back. 
    What made you think this is not done in any of the drivers.
    edited May 2017
    @caseda Yes 1.3.-rc7 but this is since the Version (didn't know the number, this was the Version i got Homey) before 1.2.2.
  • casedacaseda Member
    @CyberSponk
    What version are you exactly talking about? just saw that there are 2 versions:
    the "Smart Switch gen5" or the "Smart Switch 6" as both of these devices are gen 5 like you state.
  • casedacaseda Member
    @CyberSponk
    a i see, there is a mistake in that code, looked at the wrong smart switch before.

will fix it :+1:
  • @caseda Great.Cool.Thanks.
  • konradwalshkonradwalsh Member
    edited May 2017
    I posted in the comments section of the app.. but probably would be better to post here.

I have a DSC18.

I have gathered as much external info as I could.
    I have even created the svg.
    I have created a driver by copying what I saw in the DSC16 pull request.
    This allows for the switch to function but it is not yet reporting Watts

Smart Switch Module Gen 2 Aeotec Micro Switch G2, or Micro Smart Switch G2.

DSC18103 GEN3

80-Send notifications (0=nothing 1=hail CC 2=basic CC report),1d,0
     "manufacturerId": 134,
            "productTypeId": 3,
            "productId": 18,

Useful info https://developers.athom.com/library/zwave/generator/ ID 767 http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/767 https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000165734-micro-switch-g2-technical-specifications- https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000165733-micro-switch-g2-user-guide- sample data from 

ZWAVE Console [ 2017-05-28T16:52:25.434Z] Node[77]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02216400000001025800000001 [2017-05-28T16:52:25.890Z] Node[77]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02216400000001025800000001 [2017-05-28T17:02:25.180Z] Node[77]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02216400000001025800000001 [2017-05-28T17:02:25.180Z] Node[77]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02216400000001025800000001 [2017-05-28T17:04:24.443Z] Node[77]: sendData to COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC, params 0x01ff [2017-05-28T17:04:25.182Z] Node[77]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x0221740000f262 [2017-05-28T17:04:26.468Z] Node[77]: sendData to COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC, params 0x0100 [2017-05-28T17:04:28.179Z] Node[77]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02217400000000

• @caseda App-Update today. Know it work's :-). Thanks.
  • I am unable to save any device specific settings in mine Aeotec Multisensors 4 in 1 Gen 5, ZW074, identified as Manufacturer ID 134, product type ID 2, and Product ID 74.
    Any changes done in device specific sections, does not activate the Save button. Only changes in Wake-Up Interval will activate the save button.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited June 2017
    @MbenzNo
    that is very odd that the save button is disabled because of the wake up interval, since there is no other value in there then the default wake up time the device says it has.

Could you do me a favor and see what value is the default value (the value the device had when you included the device), and then press the arrows in that box (on the right side when you mouse over) to see what values it goes through, if they are small steps (+1 every click) or larger.
  • The default Wake Up value when included was 0. As soon as I tried to change this value, the lowest allowed by clicking the arrows is 240. It changes by 240 when pressing the arrows. St1-R.
    caseda said:
    @MbenzNo
    that is very odd that the save button is disabled because of the wake up interval, since there is no other value in there then the default wake up time the device says it has.

Could you do me a favor and see what value is the default value (the value the device had when you included the device), and then press the arrows in that box (on the right side when you mouse over) to see what values it goes through, if they are small steps (+1 every click) or larger.
  • casedacaseda Member
    @MbenzNo
    ah that explains it... i'll fix it in the app and add a default wake-up time for every 6 hours (21600 seconds), as that is the easiest and fastest fix to do now, and probably also the best for parameters/settings so you don't have to wake it up on your own once it is into place (if the distance isn't too big).

though 0 should always be an option for battery devices, i guess that is not taken into consideration now in the range.
    i'll create an issue for that so athom can fix it somewhere in the future.

For now you could choose for also once a day, or anything else that falls into the range.
    Please do confirm for me that 21600 is withing the range, can't find any data on that on the interwebs.
  • I can confirm that 21600 saves without errors.
  • Hi all,

I'm struggeling a bit with my Aeotec Garage Door Controller. Paired it indoors near Homey, and took it to the garage where I installed it. Garage door open and closes when pushing the physical button, so it's installed correctly.

Testing with a flow gives me a red triangle with a TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_NO_ACK message.

7 days has gone, after a few PTP's and resets - the graph still looks like this. All the sensors in yellow are in the garage. Why won't the  Aeotec garage controller include in the mesh network? Haven't touched the parameters in the device settings.

• NPetersNPeters Member
    edited August 2017
    I've got a problem with the Smart Switch 6. When i turn it on, leave the page in the browser, then go back and view the card, it's turned off again, but still using power. The switch is also on at that time.

So the slider is switched to the left and the card is lightgrey again, while the switch is turned on actually.

Anyone else with the same problem? I'm on the latest 1.5 fw version, but had this problem also in the 1.3 version.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited August 2017
    @mranderson TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_NO_ACK means the device is not acknowledging the command, so there is not much Athom can do on the homey side to change that. Maybe you can try to factory-reset the device that is causing the problems and re-pair it? https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1715#issuecomment-322533479
    What's the distance to Homey? And what happens if you put a powered device between Homey and the garagedoor?

@NPeters As for the Smart-Switch, did you look if there's an issue on  https://github.com/athombv/com.aeotec/issues and if not, could you file one?
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited August 2017
    Mod break: added topic opening post and merged old topic. 
    edited August 2017
    The Problem, posted March 26, is back on 1.5.0-rc8 and Aeotec 1.5.2, not better with Aeotec 1.5.3:
    Switch is turned On and after reboot of Homey the Device-Switch-State in Homey is shown as Off while the Physical Switch is On > The Information on Homey is not correct. 
  • The problem also exits in 1.5.0 with noch rc / Version after 1.5.0-rc8 and Aeotec 1.5.3.
  • @CyberSponkDid you file an issue? Also, there was no comment posted in this thread on March 26. There was a remark on March 23where you stated an issue was gone.
    edited September 2017
    @bvdbos Yes. It was gone (posted 01.06.17 after App-Update) but since  1.5.3-rc8 wrote on 25.08.17 the problem/issue is back. Got this only witch Switch5 after reboot Homey. Seems similar also on Switch6: https://github.com/athombv/com.aeotec/issues/74
  • Is this issue known with Athom? I created the GitHub issue a while ago but no response yet.
  • With Homey 1.5.2 and Aeotec 1.6.0 the Problem after Reboot (Switch shown Off) is not longer given > SmartSwitch5 works fine.
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited October 2017
    Re-paired two of my Aeotec sensors, because I discovered that adding a brand new extra one, gave an extra functionality: sabotage alarm. So, I obviously a re-include was needed to get these suckers on par!
    Removed one, added it. Removed the second, added that one again too.

Searched my flows for *broken* flows and mended the broken ones due to this operation 'improvement'.
    Result....no motion alarms...!

Both these previous working sensors do still report temperature, humidity and other senses, but the motion alarm fails. I danced like crazy in front of the.... nothing!

PTY. Waited. Still. No motion alarm on these two sensors (other 4 in my house still work).

What could be wrong here??

Insights sho all sensors *but* movement:

• What does the zwave-log say?
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited October 2017
    Solved it by removing and re-including it again...
    Odd that other sensor values were reported correctly, and the inclusion worked without an error.

What if it was a flood sensor; one thinks it works and will alarm you, but it is not working correctly...!
    Should I create a bug report for this (inclusion successful, however not all sensor capabilities are working)?
  • johnniemalmjohnniemalm Member
    edited October 2017
    I have this aeotec dsc18103 and it is connected as unknown, and only on/off is possible ? 
  • After re including my sensors, I saw that the LED indicator lights up blue, while others light up green. I bet this is caused by adding the sensor as a secure devise...(Fibaro needs triple press of the button, I did this with the sensor too,  Later I red that it needs a single press of the button for normal inclusion....)

Is this wise? What is the preferred way of adding the Multisensor 6: secure or normal? Both seem to work in my situation...