This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official Z-Wave Aeotec

[App] Aeotec by Athom - main discussion topic

Comments

• Isn't that the sensor that has a 1week tamper off setting in it factory wise?

• Thnx for the app, was waiting for this one. 
    I have the same issue described here: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1914/no-device-data

Started the app with debugging on in Node.

When I trigger motion this is the output i'm getting:

Same with the Fibaro motion sensor.
  • same here as well, I thought it was because I was messing around with an experimental firmware (1.08)

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited September 2016
    @above:
    Which sensor is this?

My Homey's Z-Wave chip is busy for more then 30min. now so testing/devving is not really possible.

Z-Wave still busy and 3 reboot for this day because of Z-Wave busy.
  • aeotec Multisensor 6 

• jvreede said:
    aeotec Multisensor 6 

Aha that's not my driver :) 
  • Is it bad that I am confused? I have tried to pair the multisensor with the Aotec driver before it was an app and now with the formal app, and in both bases it doesn't work with motion detection?
  • MarcoF said:
    @above:
    Which sensor is this?

My Homey's Z-Wave chip is busy for more then 30min. now so testing/devving is not really possible.

Z-Wave still busy and 3 reboot for this day because of Z-Wave busy.
    In my case DSB05 4:1 motion sensor
  • @nitehawk ;
    That's "my driver".

What's the issue?
    Which capabilities are not working?  
    Whats the distance between Homey and the sensor?
  • @cautje  
    change the setting "Commando om te verzenden wanneer beweging is gedetecteerd" to "Basic set CC" save your settings and then switch it back to "Sensor Binary report CC". And reboot your homey.

• I'm using the motion sensor as a trigger in a flow but it never gets triggerd. 
    But when I run the app in debug in Node I do see the messages like in the screenshot from my earlier post.
    Also no data in the user interface for temp/lux and motion.
    The distance between Homey and the sensor is about 3 meters but through a wall.

Maybe this is not an app issue but a zwave issue because my fibaro motion sensor behaves the same at the moment with the Athom app for fibaro.

• @nitehawk ;
    I also had some issues with Motion and think I solved it.
    Please try placing the sensor next to your Homey for a couple of hours and see if the other values show up.

There are indeed big difference in UX with Z-Wave. The drivers are writen by a dozen of peope therefore its almost impossible to say its a Z-Wave or App issue. 
    Today the Z-wave chip of my Homey was continuously busy and my DSB05 was behaving very strange. I then removed the module and re-pair-ed it with Homey and now the sensor is, for now, working OK.

Are you able to run a app from the NodeJS console and so in debugmode (athom project --run)? 

• I'll try putting the sensor close to homey and let you know the result. 

Yes i'm able to run the app in the Node console in debug mode, the screenshot in my earlier post is from the debug output in node.
  • nitehawk said:

I'll try putting the sensor close to homey and let you know the result. 

Yes i'm able to run the app in the Node console in debug mode, the screenshot in my earlier post is from the debug output in node.

Great, didn't read back :)

Are you on Slack, so I can send you a test App ?
  • santor said:
    @cautje  
    change the setting "Commando om te verzenden wanneer beweging is gedetecteerd" to "Basic set CC" save your settings and then switch it back to "Sensor Binary report CC". And reboot your homey.
    @santor ;
    That's it! Now it works great!
    I dit the note in the app, do you know what couses this?

THX!

• Default device settings are not correctly set when pairing, after pairing change the settings to a different value, then save, change the settings back to the default and save again.

• MarcoF said:
    nitehawk said:

I'll try putting the sensor close to homey and let you know the result. 

Great, didn't read back :)

Are you on Slack, so I can send you a test App ?
    I'm not familiar with slack, i have downloaded the app from github as soon as I found out you added support for the 4 in 1 sensor.  :)
    Do i need to create an account on slack.com?
  • @cautje;
    Thats a really nasty one! It's creating a very bad noise and as a result a very bad UX.
    Users think there Node is configured correctly because of the default settings.

I expected a Hotfix for this issue, but unfortunately it didn't happen.
  • Dam'n your fast :smile: 

This version seems to work better. Motion trigger is working, temp/lux and humidity are still empty.

Will see if this changes when I install this version, currently its running in debug in Node.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited September 2016
    Your welcome  

Could you post screenshots of your nodes configuration? 

This is my config which work OK for now:

• Thnx for your settings, I have applied them.

Motion trigering works, now I have my automatic lights back in my bathroom :)

• @MarcoF ;

Its working except  luminace. Maybe that takes some time 

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited September 2016
    Its more like, the all work or the all not working.

If its not working, then the value is "-" and because it says "0.00" Homey received some data.
    Did you try to move the sensor to a lights area, for example directly under a light?
  • evadevad Member
    edited September 2016
    @MarcoF ;

Luminance is working now.
    Thanks

• evad said:
    @MarcoF ;

Luminance is working now.
    Thanks

You're welcome!

Now working on the ZW075 Smart Switch node. Looks like a direct copy of the ZW096 which Athom wrote :)
  • @MarcoF

Were you already able to add the recessed door sensor (non-zwave+) ?
  • Not yet.... "busy" weekend....

First my other drivers need to be working properly, then my own modules are first priority, then other modules :)
    Maybe next week I have some time for that sensor.

For people with the Aeotec/Aeon Labs Smart Switch ZW075 here's a test app and please let me know you findings!

Its this sensor:

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited September 2016
    @blusser ;;
    Had a quick look at the config settings of your DSB54 and the already supported ZW096 and the share all settings.
    So I added the productId of the DSB54 to the ZW089 driver.
    Also did a minor change on the default value of parameter 121 (was 8, change to 16;http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/device/833) and changed the text field to Dropbox.

Please run the app locally (athom project --run) and pair it through the Homey>Z-Wave option or select the Aeotec app and pick the "Recessed Door Sensor (Gen5)" node.

The new app is attached to this post and let me know your findings!
    (this Zip contains support for both the ZW075 and DSB54)

[edit]
    New fork online on GitHub, so its possible again to download it from Git;
    https://github.com/freemann/com.aeotec/archive/master.zip

(!!! please forget and not use the attached ZIP files !!! )
  • @MarcoF,

Thanks, will take a look ASAP!
    btw, this is my first attempt to install a app outside the appstore so probably I have to figure out some things.
  • blusser said:
    @MarcoF,

Thanks, will take a look ASAP!
    btw, this is my first attempt to install a app outside the appstore so probably I have to figure out some things.
    OK! 

Basicly its;
    1. download the zip,
    2. extract the zip
    3. navigate to the unzipped files
    4. download the Z-Wave driver library (https://github.com/athombv/node-homey-zwavedriver/archive/master.zip)
    5. Unzip it in the folder "/com.aeotec/node_modules/"
    6. navigate to the root folder "com.aeotec"
    7. run this command "athom project --run"