This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Fibaro association

2»

Comments

• djeskodjesko Member

Same here,cant wait!

need to replace my fibaro box

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

Could you share your negative experiences with current controllers? So we know which mistakes at least not to make :)

• Negative experience from Fibaro you mean ;) ? Here some of mine:

• great marketing, but everything what they show is not their or does not work
    • no agile development (they are busy with it right now, but it doesnt work great), so slow update mechanism
    • updates are terrible; I had to rebuild my system for 3 times already. Old functionality is broken etc etc
    • Don't listen to your customers...
    • only support for zwave and network
    • no app store (yes they say they have it... but still closed)
    • not open (software and company)
    • no clear roadmap!
    • promise what you say
    • terrible support. sometimes they act within a day, sometimes you don't hear anything
    • upgrades; every customer has different problems with upgrade. For example; I have fibaro shutter device, after an upgrade, mine was working and a friend it was broken... same version, same device...
    • difficult integration with other non zwave devices
    • no out of the box integration with 'slimme meters'
    • slow device ( I have 100+ devices)
    • alarm integration (only one)
    • dead devices
    • event panel / event database not access from other devices

But they have also some great / positive things;

• ++++ is the LUA scripting, so you can build almost every scene.
    • Ipad app (not always great, but it's working) to get a app at your frontdoor
    • panels like sprinkler en doorgate
    • nice web-interface
    • Webcam integration
  • djeskodjesko Member

remcoploeg said:
    Negative experience from Fibaro you mean ;) ? Here some of mine:

• great marketing, but everything what they show is not their or does not work
    • no agile development (they are busy with it right now, but it doesnt work great), so slow update mechanism
    • updates are terrible; I had to rebuild my system for 3 times already. Old functionality is broken etc etc
    • Don't listen to your customers...
    • only support for zwave and network
    • no app store (yes they say they have it... but still closed)
    • not open (software and company)
    • no clear roadmap!
    • promise what you say
    • terrible support. sometimes they act within a day, sometimes you don't hear anything
    • upgrades; every customer has different problems with upgrade. For example; I have fibaro shutter device, after an upgrade, mine was working and a friend it was broken... same version, same device...
    • difficult integration with other non zwave devices
    • no out of the box integration with 'slimme meters'
    • slow device ( I have 100+ devices)
    • alarm integration (only one)
    • dead devices
    • event panel / event database not access from other devices

But they have also some great / positive things;

• ++++ is the LUA scripting, so you can build almost every scene.
    • Ipad app (not always great, but it's working) to get a app at your frontdoor
    • panels like sprinkler en doorgate
    • nice web-interface
    • Webcam integration

+1

• MarcoFMarcoF Member

Thanks for asking, her some points from me;

• New devices are not or poor supported
    • Poor documentation features/api(if there is one)/how to build apps/developers (Homey's API docs are at API/developers already better then getVera)
    • No cross platform support
    • Every scene/device/app install/change needs an "reload/reboot"
    • Poor support for accessories (for example usb storage)
    • Company not listening to users(new features, devices, etc)
    • Company not sharing info about new releases(upcoming features, device support, apps)
    • No tablet app that can be used on the wall for controlling the system

etc. etc.

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

Lol, that all sounds so terrible :P

• djeskodjesko Member

roadmap and quick device support is the main key to get a popular unit if you ask me!

• jovinkjovink Member

The app that I use now, takes a long time to connect the controller

• djeskodjesko Member
    edited May 2015

One note...if you don't have the device ask the community to help you out.. We can give you ssh / remote access if needed

• mvankmvank Member
    edited August 2017
    Any news about fibaro associations?
    thinking about changing to homey, currently using home center 2 (like the Luna lua scripting, but support of zwave wallc-s is terrible. 
  • mvank said:
    Any news about fibaro associations?
    thinking about changing to homey, currently using home center 2 (like the Luna scripting, but support of zwave wallc-s is terrible. 
    This is a very old topic, with outdated information....
    What (confirmations) are you specifically looking for?
  • Lol seeing this old topic indeed. Guess he's looking for support of wall-c switches. There's an app for that:
    https://apps.athom.com/app/me.zwave
    and I didn't see people mentioning they don't work. Afaik @Priknr1 uses these himself...
  • mvankmvank Member
    edited August 2017
    Sorry for commenting in old topic, but could not find any information about wallc-s with associations with fibaro. That why I place my comment in this topic. 

I didn't have a look in the apps, but even there associations is not mentioned. 
    Like earlier described it would be nice to turn on lights if some issues occurs with homey.

Update:
    just found it in the beta release of the zwave.me app:
    *0.1.0 Added Device 05457 (built in switch) Shortend info text for KFOB, WALLC-S and WALLC-S_V2 Corrected some Default settings for associations
  • Homey supports setting zwave-associations but iirc there's an issue with multi-channel associations:
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1285
  • Hi, 

I do use a WallC-S myself.
    But I use it as input for flows only.

So the signals of the WALLC-S are picked up by homey just fine,  click and doubleclick for each button, allowing me to start 8 flows. With these flows you can than start anything you like, including fibaro actuators.

There is the possibility to directly address actuators, but in that case the controller is bypassed completely, right? So functionality would be exactly the same as with your home center....