This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Smart Presence; ERROR

Comments

• Hmm, with the settings I use it works ok, it is accurate enough. But that probably also depends on what you want to achieve in your flows. 
  • I have used all The default settings. In my iPhone 6s and it works fine. My girlfriends iPhone 6  randomly show away followd by at home The whole day while she is at home?
  • FloodnlFloodnl Member
    edited January 2017
    Not sure why there is no option for it but i would like to see this working based on mac address and not ip address.  I think this would fix a lot of "issues" 
  • Floodnl said:
    Not sure why there is no option for it but i would like to see this working based on mac address and not ip address.  I think this would fix a lot of "issues" 

+1
  • Twee telefoons van Samsung (note 3 en S6 edge) en smart present maakt geen connectie en ze zijn dus altijd away. IP-adressen kloppen als een zwerende vinger. Iemand een idee (waarvoor alvast dank)?
  • @Hans_Breda all the devices are in the same network?
  • mbalik79 said:
    @Hans_Breda all the devices are in the same network?
    Yes, thanks for your reaction
  • mbalik79mbalik79 Member
    edited February 2017
    @Hans_Breda
    Have the app here running from the begin and it works fine. Note: my Phones have a static ip
  • Same problem here with Samsung s4 and S6. Static ip en samen network.
  • It's even more strange. The notafications reports that I came home 5 minutes ago (is true) but the thelephone has status away.

• I re-downloaded the app and it worked for me.
  • iDudeiDude Member
    Can someone help me out how I can add a user for smart presence
    I found in the app settings no add user button

Who can help me out?

Kind regards,
  • @idude
    You need to add them as a device
  • @iDude is it working?
  • Julian said:
    I had these issues also with my wife's (older) iPhone that it would lock up and thus would not work anymore.

I changed some (standard?) settings and since then it works 100% (beside the one time I had to click on 'save settings' :wink: )

These are 'my' settings:

And for the user:

I' m probably being a numpty but I've scoured the forum and can't for the life of me find where to add users in Smart presence...
  • Deef_KDeef_K Member
    Add it via devices. 
  • Hi everybody!

As long as my Iphone "is alive" = Not in screensaver mode everything works perfect! But as soon as It locks itself I lose contact with my Wifi, and also of course with smart presence... How can I fix that?

Regards
    Nick
  • Same here; it worked reasonably well prior to v1.5 f/w with my childrens iPhones. Now I have constant 'away' false alarms. Even my Android phone is less accurate in being detected..
  • No one?
  • Julian said:
    I had these issues also with my wife's (older) iPhone that it would lock up and thus would not work anymore.

I changed some (standard?) settings and since then it works 100% (beside the one time I had to click on 'save settings' :wink: )

These are 'my' settings:

And for the user:

Hey, i don't have the second screenshot. Where can i find this?
  • It is in the device card 
  • Since last update of the smart presence app I have a problem with the status of the device. When a phone is disconnected from my wifi the status of the device is not adjusted, I cannot see the broken chain in the device. When I check the logging from the app I can see my phone connecting and disconnecting. I have allready tried the add a new smart presence device but this won't make any difference.

Does anybody have an idea how to solve this?
  • Since last update of the smart presence app I have a problem with the status of the device. When a phone is disconnected from my wifi the status of the device is not adjusted, I cannot see the broken chain in the device. When I check the logging from the app I can see my phone connecting and disconnecting. I have allready tried the add a new smart presence device but this won't make any difference.

Does anybody have an idea how to solve this?
    This part of the new updated app and planned to be so.
    I also don't understand why this introduced for what reason
  • Same here. I am 5000 km from home, but Homey says I am at home?

That's a bummer, because lots of flows act upon my absence / presence....

Is a solution available? 

• Indeed this is not working for me as in the app all now look to be at home when they might not be. This is loss of visual functionality  :s
  • canedjecanedje Member
    edited January 2018
    Indeed this is not working for me as in the app all now look to be at home when they might not be. This is loss of visual functionality  :s
    Indeed. 
    In the flows absence is detected. But visual not possible to check. I don’t like it because I was used to it to check presence at the device pages.. Beside that présence is not reliable also.
    I realy wish sometimes a reliable présence app will be standard available for Homey. I know there are work arounds available. But I think they are more or less complex.
  • Is this just a visual thing? The icon is not updating? Or, is it that leaving is not updated?

Can't check this myself... 
  • Just go to the app page in the store annd start reading. 
  • Thank you 
  • And if you want to see your homey state, take a look at the virtuele device app. "Multi modus"