This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official Z-Wave CommunityApp

[APP Z-Wave] NEO Coolcam Z-Wave devices - Main discussion topic

Comments

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited June 2017
    Ter info:
    Zojuist de nieuwe pir van Neo binnen gehad (NAS-PD02Z) aangemeld als de oude pir in de app.
    Beweging, lux en batterij komen binnen, lijkt dus alleen om uiterlijke verandering te gaan niet intern.
    Werkt perfect.
    Let's keep it English next time, this is not the Dutch part of the forum. But the PD02Z can also measure temperature but the neo app needs to be adjusted for it. You can pair it now as the first motion sensor, only temp will be missing

Already edited my comment with english translation before you replied, but the sensor only support lux en motion according to the Aliexpress info.
    So i'm curious where you got the info from and with temp you mean temperature right?  
    I clicked quote and came something in between before i did submit my answer, see now your edit :) Thanks! 

But yes temperature, got it from the official website just like @TedTolboom said -> http://www.szneo.com/en/products/show.php?id=197
  • cautjecautje Member
    Hi,
    I just got a Neo NAS-PD02Z pir and it does not connect.
    Asked for an EU 868 version, how can i chek if it is EU?
    THX!!!
  • cautjecautje Member
    It works!
    Afther resetting the pir and fiddeling arround it suddenly workt!
    THX!
  • WimstradamusWimstradamus Member
    edited June 2017
    Ter info:
    Zojuist de nieuwe pir van Neo binnen gehad (NAS-PD02Z) aangemeld als de oude pir in de app.
    Beweging, lux en batterij komen binnen, lijkt dus alleen om uiterlijke verandering te gaan niet intern.
    Werkt perfect.
    Let's keep it English next time, this is not the Dutch part of the forum. But the PD02Z can also measure temperature but the neo app needs to be adjusted for it. You can pair it now as the first motion sensor, only temp will be missing

Already edited my comment with english translation before you replied, but the sensor only support lux en motion according to the Aliexpress info.
    So i'm curious where you got the info from and with temp you mean temperature right?  
    I clicked quote and came something in between before i did submit my answer, see now your edit :) Thanks! 

But yes temperature, got it from the official website just like @TedTolboom said -> http://www.szneo.com/en/products/show.php?id=197
    I think thats a (translation) mistake, the picture say temp sensing and motion not lux mentioned, but there are no specs.
    And if you look at pir 1 the picture says temp sensing and motion and no lux mentiond too, but the specs say motion and lux.
  • Eternity said:
    @TedTolboom

Installed and tested.

- using the web interface works! Sliding S1 and S2 operates the Neo Switch
    - editing the settings and saving, works too

- using the buttons on the Neo itself, does not update in the webinterface

I have the same problem with the touch switch. When the standard branch v1.1.22 is installed, the switch is not responding at all. The only thing that works is changing a setting like the status light. I also installed branch v1.1.22 V1. Now the switch reacts when I control it in the Homey interface. Unfortunately the status is not updated in Homey when I control the switch itself. The z-wave log shows that Homey receives input when the switch is turned off and on.

Z-wave log:

[2017-06-22T15:13:14.840Z] Node[24]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL, data: 0x0d01002503ff
    [2017-06-22T15:13:14.872Z] Node[24]: Decapsulated frame from COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL to COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY, data 0x03ff
    [2017-06-22T15:13:14.875Z] Node[24]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY, data: 0x03ff
    [2017-06-22T15:13:54.819Z] Command[253] start: getNetworkTopology
    [2017-06-22T15:13:55.067Z] Command[253] end: getNetworkTopology
    [2017-06-22T15:14:00.431Z] Node[24]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL, data: 0x0d0100250300
    [2017-06-22T15:14:00.467Z] Node[24]: Decapsulated frame from COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL to COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY, data 0x0300
    [2017-06-22T15:14:00.469Z] Node[24]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY, data: 0x0300
    [2017-06-22T15:21:59.173Z] Node[12]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL, data: 0x05030a0081

Is there any solution to get the switch working so I can use it to control flows?

• EternityEternity Member
    edited June 2017
    I sold mine....

However @TedTolboom made me a dedicated version, which might be a good solution for you too. 
  • Eternity said:
    I sold mine....

However @TedTolboom made me a dedicated version, which might be a good solution for you too. 

@TedTolboom: I received the dedicated version you made for Eternity (the version without the ability to choose the Touch version) and I can confirm that it's working now :). He told me that there were several problems implementing the solution into the main build. Are you still working on this and are there any plans to implement a solution in future builds? I have the Touch working now but that means I can never update the app in the future. I am willing to help if any testing is needed.

• On the NAS-PD02, aka the 'new' motion sensor, I can confirm that this the sensor is working 100% based on the current driver and does NOT have a temperature sensor included (nor additional settings).
    @Wimstradamus indeed most likely a translation error.

@jeromes, so it is working for now?
    I will need to look into why the version that is compatible with both version is not working; don't understand that one.
    I will put it back on my worklist, but considering it is working so far, it will not be a top priority; agree?

• @jeromes, so it is working for now?
    I will need to look into why the version that is compatible with both version is not working; don't understand that one.
    I will put it back on my worklist, but considering it is working so far, it will not be a top priority; agree?

Agree, maybe it's an idea to put this dedicated version also on GitHub? I guess there are more people with the same version of the Neo Touch I received only 1 week ago. If you need any help with testing in the future, let me know!

• On the NAS-PD02, aka the 'new' motion sensor, I can confirm that this the sensor is working 100% based on the current driver and does NOT have a temperature sensor included (nor additional settings).
    @Wimstradamus indeed most likely a translation error.

@jeromes, so it is working for now?
    I don't agree. I received 4 touch devices and are planning to use them. 
  • quakerix said:
    @quakerix so far I only received 2 reports where the touch switch (CC V1) does not work with the App Store version (CC V2 compatible) of the Neo app.

I propose that you first test this version; high likelihood that it will work...
  • quakerix said:
    @quakerix so far I only received 2 reports where the touch switch (CC V1) does not work with the App Store version (CC V2 compatible) of the Neo app.

I propose that you first test this version; high likelihood that it will work...
    Ok! 
  •  I am using a neo coolcam touch switch, but this  switch does not responce to homey when i turn on the light
    I know that has been discussed before, but when comes the solution.(software update)
    any luck with testing?

Kindly greet
  • @michael-smits it would help me a lot if I could borrow the troublesome device; already did some remote efforts, but it proofs to be a though nut to crack; can you send me a DM or contact me on Slack?
  • I send you a DM!
  • gijspgijsp Member
    edited July 2017
    @michael-smits it would help me a lot if I could borrow the troublesome device; already did some remote efforts, but it proofs to be a though nut to crack; can you send me a DM or contact me on Slack?
    In case you are still in need of a touch switch; I have one extra lying around. Let me know if you need to borrow one!
  • gijsp said:
    @michael-smits it would help me a lot if I could borrow the troublesome device; already did some remote efforts, but it proofs to be a though nut to crack; can you send me a DM or contact me on Slack?
    In case you are still in need of a touch switch; I have one extra lying around. Let me know if you need to borrow one!
    @gijsp much appreciated, but I guess I have two waiting (V1 and V2) once I'm back in the NL...
    thanks to @lubbertkramer and @michael-smits

• WilfredWilfred Member
    edited July 2017
     I have got a Neo NAS-PD02Z pir in my kitchen. When I enter the kitchen the NEO triggers "movement on" and my Philips Hue light goes on.  I made a flow that the lights should switch off after three minutes.   Works perfectly.

But I want the three minute timer to start only after I left the kitchen. And now the timer starts after I enter the kitchen. So, when I 'm longer than three minutes in the kitchen, the kitchen goes dark. Very annoying.

So, in short, I want the light in the kitchen on as long as there is movement in the kitchen. I cannot find a way to do that. I altered all kind of settings in the NEO and in the flow but I doesn't help.

Please give me some kind of direction to solve this problem. Thanx.

• casedacaseda Member
    edited July 2017
    @Wilfred
    So why not use the "motion stopped" trigger as activation of the timer? 
    Just make sure you stop the timer when motion starts again
  • Can't get my head around that one, @caseda
    Would you be so kind to show an example, please....

Thanks!
  • WiepWiep Member
    Did this by using 3 flows

• casedacaseda Member
    I would let the "if timer is not running" away in the Second flow, so it resets the timer with every motion stop. But further that is exactly the way I meant
  • Thanks guys! 
  • WilfredWilfred Member
    edited July 2017
    Thanx, it works perfectly now. I made 2 flows. One to start on "motion start". And one flow to switch of the lights after 1 munite after the "motion stop" signal.

I tried to do the 2 things in one flow but that wasn't as smart as my house ;-)
  • @Wilfred

So you have a card in the 'then' colom with 'switch off light' and a 1 minute delay in the actual switch; this way you do not need a count down timer. 

That is smart! 
  • Hi all,

I'm still trying to get better results with three wall sockets. I have replaced Homey a few times to see if I got better response. My conclusion is that one of the devices is going up to 9 meter and a different one slightly 2 meters. So there is some difference in range here. 

But now I have found a place that the mostly work I still have these problems;

- None of the sockets report parameters like power usage etc. This difficults creating advanced flows.
    - None of the sockets are connected with a line in my zwave graph. My fibaro pir is the only connected device.

I there anybody who would like to guide me through a good troubleshooting trajectory? I've spend very much time trying allmost everything I know (that's little compared to some of you  B) ) but I'm wondering if I should dump the three and get me myself some Fibaro's in the hope they will perform out of the box.

• Deef_KDeef_K Member
    Had the same problem. Bought a fibaro and problem solved. Note, im not a fan of the neo products, 
  • RuudvBRuudvB Member
    Deef_K said:
    Had the same problem. Bought a fibaro and problem solved. Note, im not a fan of the neo products, 
    Interesting... I have 6 NEO sockets and several other grid powered z-wave devices. My Z-wave reception in and around the house is quite fine.

Would be interesting to see a good test/compare of the NEO and Fibaro sockets. Since I only have NEO sockets and no Fibaro I'm not in the position to do this. I mean a real "field testing", not some kind of theoretical compare.
    Seems to me this is also not very simple to accomplice since the z-wave network is dynamical and heals itself (sometimes?) The testing would take quite an extended timeframe I guess.