This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homes with multiple homeys

I am new to homey but it sounds fantastic. I am developer of luxury homes in south florida and homey would appear to be perfect for our home automation needs. The houses are reasonably large 600sq/m + on three floors. I guess we will need homeys in each room. My question is this: are they networked to each other? and if so if I am listening to music in one room and move to another room will the homey detect that I have moved (by recognizing my mobile device ) and transfer the music to the new room?

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

Yes, they can be linked together.

Detecting where users are is extremely tricky, but we're working on that. In the meantime, you can automate that with the flow editor.

• thank you...exciting

• Exciting, especially the detecting where users are.....

• One way is to use 3 point triangular WiFi measuring.

• Shouldn't you be able to use Bluetooth / Wifi microphones (or 2.4GHz WiFi IP-cameras with built-in microphones) to expand homey's range to multiple rooms (and have a unique ID to get the info of where the customer is at the same time)?

Just... throwing it out there :P

• jovinkjovink Member

Or a tablet on the wall?

• Sentri or Rico linked to Homey ?

• JeroenKleijnJeroenKleijn Member
    edited May 2015

A tablet on the wall can be used to speak to Homey. Since you can talk to the app. The only questions here are:

If you can activate the speech on a tablet by saying hey homey?

If you can specify the location of the tablet in your house? Fixed position(wallmount) or maybe even moving.

• Fire69Fire69 Member

If they would make a widget with just 1 big button you can push to activate the 'listening function', that would be OK too I guess...

• maybe a little kick up to see if some progress has been made :)

would be cool to add any wifi/bluetooth/app on phone option to place in a different room then the real homey, but that is would have similar functionalities in sound and voice control.

• sodemitrysodemitry Member
    edited July 2017
    Emile said:

Yes, they can be linked together.

Detecting where users are is extremely tricky, but we're working on that. In the meantime, you can automate that with the flow editor.

Hi Emile,

How is this done? (they can be linked together)

• GeurtDijkerGeurtDijker Member
    edited July 2017
    Wow, you found an old discussion! 
    This is from before Homey was delivered to the backers.
    At the moment I this is  still not possible as two Homey's can be managed from one logon account and are shown on the same portal my.Athom.com 
    But Homey's are not aware of existence of other Homey's.  
    Room detection isn't available, only the normal at home and asleep detection where the last only for the Homey you are talking to using your mobile.

But it is still on there to do list
    https://trello.com/c/vW8WF4fB/56-homey-mesh-make-homeys-work-together-in-a-house

• Hi,

Is this still on the roadmap? The Trello todo card link seems to be invalid.
    If not, does anybody know how I can create a single z-wave network between two completely RF isolated sites? Maybe some other wired z-wave bridge solution?

Kind regards