This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
GH

Connect Google home to homey?

Comments

• @KoenMartens yes and no. Yes everything will be send to Homey via just HTTP but you will need a trigger as well for Google like 'ask Homey' or 'zeg tegen Homey' in Dutch in order to let Google understand that it is not some question that it can process itself. I will try what is the real minimum. Do you have any trigger suggestion in Dutch?
  • Google assistant will be supported soon by Homey:
    https://www.athom.com/nl/homey/speech/
  • edited March 2017
    Any news on the Homey + Google Assistant integration? What are the main features? When will the app be available to download from Google Home? Can somebody from Athom answer this? @Annemarie.
  • Still no update?
  • white_sharkwhite_shark Member
    edited April 2017
    Last week I bought a Google Home from US. It works only in english but it's very funny. 
    @Jeroenski74 congratulations for your work. Can you help me to integrate Home and Homey when Homey will arrives to me? 
  • Already have a Google Home, and love to see it is integrated with Homey. Homey as master hub (zwave, zigbee, bluethooth) to control all + flow logic and GHome for voice, music, video. It is a big fun world.
  • @Jeroenski74  I was wondering if it is possible to send the command my Google Home receives directly to my Homey without using IFTTT. Or were your posts just for the sake of simulation.

I do not understand how I could get the speech input which my Google Home gets from me and how I could directly send this to my Homey (webhook).
  • Jesper said:
    @Jeroenski74  I was wondering if it is possible to send the command my Google Home receives directly to my Homey without using IFTTT. Or were your posts just for the sake of simulation.

I do not understand how I could get the speech input which my Google Home gets from me and how I could directly send this to my Homey (webhook).
    Hello Jesper, I do not own a Google Home therefore I had to simulate it via internet. But this should work with your Google Home when you use your Gmail account. If you need help please send me a pm so we can set up a hangout to get it working.
  • Make a guide of it. I'm sure more people (including me) are interested.
  • I'm... 
  • Tonight I try to use IFTTT, it's very easy. 
    Now I'm not a home, I try Google Assistant with Gmail and it's very fabolous. 
    I find z-wave and Homey compatibilities, I would try it. 
    If someone have Google Home, you can use it for make all. 
  • hnijveen said:
    Make a guide of it. I'm sure more people (including me) are interested.
    I kinda made a guide in my posts on the 7th and 23rd of Februari. Is there something specific that needs some more explanation?
  • I'm using Google Home with IFTTT. It's funny... 
  • I'm using Google Home with IFTTT. It's funny... 
    I'm curious if you can also make it work without IFTTT via ai.api and the difference in reaction speed. Please let me know if you got it working!
  • I don't know ai.api.
    The reaction speed of Google Home is very fast. 
  • Did someone check out https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/speech-recognition-anywhe/kdnnmhpmcakdilnofmllgcigkibjonof?

it supports many popular languages including Dutch. Is it not possible to use their API and talk to homey while this app responds?
  • edited May 2017
    Any news when Homey Will be available as a device in Google Home?
  • BramBram Member
    We are still waiting on Google to accept Homey. Hopefully within two weeks you are able to use Homey and Google Home together!
  • Great new!!! 
  • We are still waiting on Google to accept Homey. Hopefully within two weeks you are able to use Homey and Google Home together!
    Can you give us some insights about the differences of Amazon Alexa vs. Google Home from the perspective of using it with Homey? So basically answer the question what device should you buy from a technical/usability perspective if you mostly use it with Homey?

Second question: Is it possible with Amazon Alexa and Google Home to also speak to the speaker(s) through Homey? So basically use the voice function in flows
  • AaronAaron Member
    Great to hear. I am using it now with IFTTT but it would be way better when it would work directly. I must say the WAF with Google home is very good. Only privacy is a big concern for my wife. 
  • Aaron said:
    Great to hear. I am using it now with IFTTT but it would be way better when it would work directly. I must say the WAF with Google home is very good. Only privacy is a big concern for my wife. 
    you can use http request cards instead, no dependencies of IFTTT anymore, see my previous posts. And it will understand everything in English right away. I don't know how good this will be with Google Home directly.
  • JesperJesper Member
    @Bram Will it be possible to let Google Home speak the notifications instead of Homey once Google has accepted Homey? For example when somebody opens the garage door Google Home will say "Garage door opened".
  • BramBram Member
    I'm not sure, I will ask the dev if this is possible
  • BramBram Member
    Got some info back from the dev, it will not be possible to let Google Home speak the notifications instead of Homey. This has to do with how Google Assistant is set up
  • Jesper said:
    @Bram Will it be possible to let Google Home speak the notifications instead of Homey once Google has accepted Homey? For example when somebody opens the garage door Google Home will say "Garage door opened".
    You can if you use http instead but still only tested this in simulation not with a real Google Home.
  • JesperJesper Member
    I would like to test if this is possible with my Google Home. Would like to know if it is possible to for example say the current temperature in my livingroom.

How do you need to do this with http?
  • I hopefully get my Google Home at the end of the month, but I will try to look at the simulation asap. 
  • RDtimmerRDtimmer Member
    edited June 2017
    If you have an Android phone with Android marshmallow or higher, you can get all this functionality without having to purchase a Google Home device, I have been playing with this.

The downside (for me) was that I had to set my Samsung Galaxy S6 to US English, this to enable Google Assistant(service is not available yet in Dutch/Netherlands I believe). The Google Assistant is also available as an app for the iPhone, not sure how and if this works however.

As I already had some IFTTT applets I started experimenting with my kitchen lights last night.
    Right now, I can say "Ok Google Kitchen lights on", and the Google assistant triggers a flow on homey (through IFTTT) which switches my Zwave lighting in the kitchen on. 

• edited June 2017
    Google Home & Homey are connected using the Google app. Very nice new integration! Great work.