This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Solved

[Solved] Can't login to my Homey after a reboot. "unauthorized"

kanhetwelkanhetwel Member
edited June 2017 in Archive
Help! Can't login to my Homey after a reboot. It's saying "unauthorized"

Gr, Hans
Tagged:

Comments

• swtttswttt Member
    Are you using the desktop app or trying trough the browser?
  • swttt said:
    Both give the same error, olso the app on the phone say's unauthorized
  • swtttswttt Member
    So you tried my.athom.com then you logged in and after you clicked the big homey it says unauthorized?
  • kanhetwelkanhetwel Member
    edited June 2017
    kanhetwel said:
    swttt said:
    Both give the same error, olso the app on the phone say's unauthorized
    Only did a reboot. Running latest beta 11 i think. Can't see it anymore due the login error.
  • swttt said:
    So you tried my.athom.com then you logged in and after you clicked the big homey it says unauthorized?
    Yes that's exactly what it does.
  • swtttswttt Member
    Huhm... never seen that behaviour before.
    You did try to pull the plug and see if that fixes the problem?
  • swttt said:
    Huhm... never seen that behaviour before.
    You did try to pull the plug and see if that fixes the problem?
    Yes 3 times over. Looks like Homey has suddenly another password or serail something like that.
  • The flows are still working, but can't put a light on or off by hand witch the app....
  • swtttswttt Member
    edited June 2017
    Sounds indeed like an issue with your bearer token.
    Last thing you could try is clearing all your cookies (somewhere in your browser settings).
    Speech is working? And the LED ring has the normal color?
    edited June 2017
    Speech is working, If I ask the time Homey tells it friendly. The LED ring is normal. And i tried several devices and browsers also. 

• swtttswttt Member
    Maybe @bram (or someone else who has seen this issue before) is able to help you on this, out of my scope right now.
    Couldn't find any issues on github either.
    At least you could send an email to suppport@athom.com
  • swttt said:
    Maybe @bram (or someone else who has seen this issue before) is able to help you on this, out of my scope right now.
    Couldn't find any issues on github either.
    At least you could send an email to suppport@athom.com
    Only English or is Dutch also oke?
  • swtttswttt Member
    edited June 2017
    Mailing support can be done in Dutch as well.
    You could point them to this topic as well ofcourse.
  • Thanks for your help! I'll send a mail to Bram.

Thanks again.
  • swtttswttt Member
    edited June 2017
    No problem.

@bvdbos just said to me that on Slack someone had the same problem, and got fixed soon. To bad for you it happens after working hours in a long weekend tho.
  • Yes that's bad... Won't try a reset, i'm afraid that after a rest the flows won't work either. So i'll have to wait till they fix it.
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited June 2017
    Just give an answer at your other topic, closed that one for now because two topics from the same person about the same topic is not needed.

Response in English:
    @kanhetwel you're on a experimental/beta update to help Athom to get 1.3 ready for a stable release. Unfortunately being on a experimental update means that Homey can break because Athom is not yet sure that it's ready for stable. So thanks for the help of making 1.3 ready for stable.

That's why i want you to ask to send a log to Athom from your Homey if that's possible or otherwise make a github issue with as much information possible so Athom can take a look at the problem and fix it or find the bug that's causing this problem. You can make a github issue here -> https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues Or send a mail to Athom that can also be written in Dutch just like said above.

Respons in Dutch from the other topic you made:
    @kanhetwel Je geeft aan op een experimentele update te zitten, daar zitten helaas deze risico's aan verbonden zodat Athom kan ontdekken of de update gereed is om naar stabiel te komen. Hiermee help je Athom in het maken van een stabiele update. Bedankt hiervoor!

Daarom zou ik je willen vragen log te sturen aan Athom van je Homey(instellingen en dan op de systeem tab -> send log) als dit lukt (lijkt er niet op dat dit kan maar wilde het toch vermelden) en een github issue hiervoor aan te maken en daarbij de code vermelden die je kreeg bij het verzenden van de log.Daarbij ook zoveel mogelijk informatie meegeven die je hebt (wat heb je allemaal gedaan, wat deed Homey voor dit probleem etc, meer informatie dan je hierboven meegeeft -> https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues  Hierdoor kan Athom op zoek gaan naar een oplossing of een bug in de update.
  • casedacaseda Member
    i have the same with unauthorized.
    Which means your account is not coupled anymore with your homey properly.
    Have already let athom know directly (and talking about it with them, though it's weekend, so won't expect the full solution before Tuesday),
    but it's a kinda odd error since it doesn't effect everyone, just the people that rebooted on just the wrong time.
    But it's experimental update, so that it happens, it is kinda expected.

You could try to reinitialize your account to homey by resetting homey by holding it upside down and doing the (reset) setup (with keeping data), this will keep all your data, and all your flows will be working, there is no big downside about trying to reset with keeping data. even if there is any chance of failing, as long as you don't select the "reset all data" all your data will be on your homey, and if you reboot by pulling the plug and reinserting it, it wil fall back into that wrong account state, but the flow(s) still working.
  • @lubbertkramer, de reden dat ik op de experimentele update zit is dat ik wilde kijken of er een update was en per ongeluk het vinkje ervan aanzette. Gewoon uitvinken gaat dan helaas niet meer.

Een log versturen gaat inderdaad niet want ik kan niet op de Homey inloggen.
    Het enige wat ik heb gedaan is de uitgeschakelde app Harmony hub verwijderd. Hierna gekeken wat het geheugen gebruik was en een reboot gegeven voor een verse start.

Het lijkt erop dat tijdens de reboot het wachtwoord is veranderd of zoiets.
    edited June 2017
    @kanhetwel because you started this version in English and it's in the English forum part please keep it English so other users can also read it that are from outside NL and can find a (possible) solution if it's found.

@kanhetwel if experimental is a mistake and you want to undo it you need to do a recovery.  You can give it a try if that also would solve your problems. How to stop experimental can be found here -> (ENG) https://www.athom.com/en/support/KB000041/ and how to do a factory reset can be found here -> https://www.athom.com/en/support/KB000026/ just some added information that @caseda wrote above

Just checking if there is a update can be done here -> https://firmware.athom.com/

Dutch: 
    @kanhetwel Als je niet op experimenteel wilt zitten kun je een poging wagen door Homey terug te zetten naar de herstelmodus. Dit is sowieso nodig om van experimenteel af te komen en daarbij kun je een reset kunt doen waardoor bij een gewijzigd wachtwoord je Homey opnieuw kunt koppelen aan je Athom account. Hoe stop ik met het ontvangen van experimentele updates kan hier gevonden worden (NL) -> https://www.athom.com/nl/ondersteuning/KB000041/ en hoe Homey terug te zetten naar herstelmodus/fabrieksinstellingen kan hier gevonden worden -> https://www.athom.com/nl/ondersteuning/KB000026/ Dit zijn de ondersteuningspagina's van Athom met extra informatie op wat @caseda hierboven schreef.

Als je alleen wilt kijken of er een update is kun je altijd even hier https://firmware.athom.com/ kijken :) 
    edited June 2017
    @caseda I did send them an e-mail about this issue. It sounds logical that my account is not coupled anymore with the homey properly I'll try a reset of the Homey to see if my account reinitialize properly.
    Did you do a reset? And was it working for you?
  • CyberSponkCyberSponk Member
    edited June 2017
    Got the same some days ago. Restart and ptp didn't help. Asked/reported this on slack. Athom fixed/repaired it > was somethings,  so they told, with corrupted settings so it looked.
  • casedacaseda Member
    @kanhetwel I currently have another issue which makes it impossible for me to reset. (unrelated issue)
    So can't tell you in this instance if it fixes it, but it has fixed it before for me (though that was about a year ago, a lot has changed since then).
  • @CyberSponk So it seems it isn't something that can be solved with a reset from Homey? Is it a server setting in the Athom servers?
    edited June 2017
    kanhetwel said:
    @CyberSponk So it seems it isn't something that can be solved with a reset from Homey? Is it a server setting in the Athom servers?
    Would say give it a try, you can't lose any Homey functionality at this moment from what you already don't have and you also disable experimental at that time so you don't need to do that anymore in the future like you said it was a mistake to be on experimental. 
  • @ lubbertkramer I gave it a try. Didn't solve the problem with the unauthorized login.
    edited June 2017
    kanhetwel said:
    @ lubbertkramer I gave it a try. Didn't solve the problem with the unauthorized login.
    then you need to wait until Athom will come online after the long weekend and can give the support you are needed. You did choose a bad time to accidentally activate experimantel and get the error. Guess that support will be online Tuesday or when @Bram takes a look in his free time. 
  • CyberSponkCyberSponk Member
    edited June 2017
    kanhetwel said:
    @CyberSponk So it seems it isn't something that can be solved with a reset from Homey? Is it a server setting in the Athom servers?
    Couldn't say it. They needed some informations about my Homey and i've seen that my Homey restarts (got an flow > push to me after reboot) more than once during their doing.
  • Problem with corrupt account solved by restoring a backup by Athom. Thx!
    edited June 2017
    Also is RC12 released in experimental wich would fix the bugs that wouold cause this 

Modbreak:
    Topic is set to solved for now, so others can see this topic has a good answer. Topic remains open for further discussion/insights about the bug with rc11

This discussion has been closed.