This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Homey 1.3 Experimental

Today, the 1.3 version was made available to the experimental channel. Let's open up the discussion about this release.
15-05-2017: 1.3.0 rc 7

Comments

• One thing that worries me about Homey in general is the amount of memory (512mb) on board. I currently have 26 apps installed and running. In 1.3.x Homey now shows a warning that it might run slow or incorrect....

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Nothing changed, they only added a warning. I'm running fine with 34 apps..
  • I have had several issues with speech output (stuttering, slow), with slow responses from Z-Wave devices and crashing apps.

Not saying it (all) has to do with the limited memory, but it sure feels like it.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Speech output maybe... But zwave is/was another issue...
  • I just installed 1.3, which went fine, and have a feature request. I was waiting for the else-functionality a while and was happy to know it made it to my Homey now. Unfortunately in the first flow where I wanted to use it, it's unusable. :(

I have a flow reminding me to take the trash outside. It asks me if I put it outside and says "Well done' when
    - the trash is picked up the next day
    - it sees movement after 18:00
    - it didn't remind me already.
    - the answer to the question 'Did you take the trash outside' is 'yes'

I wanted to use the 'else' here to tell me to take it outside, but that would only be needed when my answer to the question is not 'yes'. But all other check should still be true.

I didn't check my other flows, but I guess the same goes for more flows. Every flow with more than one check could be a case where you would like to use the 'else', but can't.

So, my feature request would be an option to indicate which check should always be true and which are optional and trigger the 'else'. Maybe also a split column (mandatory vs optional checks) as is done now for the 'else'?

• sossienl said:
    I have had several issues with speech output (stuttering, slow), with slow responses from Z-Wave devices and crashing apps.

Not saying it (all) has to do with the limited memory, but it sure feels like it.
    512 seems a bit low if you compare it to consumer pc's, phones etc. But don't forget that this system is very specific. This amount of memory doesn't need to be a problem. But the fact that everyone can create an app for it, without knowing anything about how memory is allocated in nodejs etc.., does concern me. If you have 26 apps running the question is 

1) Do you really need them all? 
    2) Are they all free from memory leaks. 
  • jovinkjovink Member
    I have 26 apps installed, but homey don't react any more on "okay homey" 
  • 1.3.0-rc.7

• Added support for Alarms
    • Added support for Infrared signals for Apps
    • Added an 'else' column for Flows
    • Added support for re-ordering of Flow cards 
    • Added TV & Amplifier device classes
    • Added an optional warning when creating a speech Flow
    • Added 'a specific time before sunset & sunrise'
    • Added a device's zone in the Flow sidebar
    • Improved Flow & Insights picker menu
    • Improved searching of Flows
    • Z-Wave performance and stability improvements
    • Fixed a bug that could cause log files not to be sent correctly
    • Various bugfixes and improvements
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    @jovink Did you install 1.3 and already ran into a situation where Homey didn't react to speech?
  • jovinkjovink Member
    Yes I did indeed. Better ptp, and try again you mean @bvdbos
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    If you are on 1.3 and Homey's not reacting, better send a log and add your finding to https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1383

• Amelsfort said: Koremans
    I just installed 1.3, which went fine, and have a feature request. I was waiting for the else-functionality a while and was happy to know it made it to my Homey now. Unfortunately in the first flow where I wanted to use it, it's unusable. :(

I have a flow reminding me to take the trash outside. It asks me if I put it outside and says "Well done' when

I wanted to use the 'else' here to tell me to take it outside, but that would only be needed when my answer to the question is not 'yes'. But all other check should still be true.

I didn't check my other flows, but I guess the same goes for more flows. Every flow with more than one check could be a case where you would like to use the 'else', but can't.

So, my feature request would be an option to indicate which check should always be true and which are optional and trigger the 'else'. Maybe also a split column (mandatory vs optional checks) as is done now for the 'else'?

Make it with 2 flows

Trigger on movement
    Tomorow container and It's after 18u00 and timer reminded not running 
    Trigger flownr2

Flownr2 triggered
    Confirmation 'Did you take the trash outside'
    Say well done,  thanks and start timer reminded for 6 or 14 hours
    Else say take the trash outside¡

• AmelsfortAmelsfort Member
    edited May 2017
    Amelsfort said: Koremans
    I just installed 1.3, which went fine, and have a feature request. I was waiting for the else-functionality a while and was happy to know it made it to my Homey now. Unfortunately in the first flow where I wanted to use it, it's unusable. :(

Make it with 2 flows

Trigger on movement
    Tomorow container and It's after 18u00 and timer reminded not running 
    Trigger flownr2

Flownr2 triggered
    Confirmation 'Did you take the trash outside'
    Say well done,  thanks and start timer reminded for 6 or 14 hours
    Else say take the trash outside¡

But that wouldn't decrease the amount of flows used. Which was the whole idea of using the 'else'.... :smile:
    • Z-Wave performance and stability improvements
    This has been a big and very welcome improvement for me! Especially turning on / off multiple devices within one flow works much better / faster! I have a flow that pastiches off all the lights in my home (used when leaving), this flow now switches every light within 1 second (before it seemed to freeze and it could take the flow about 30 seconds to complete.)

This update looks very good so far  B)
  • glijieglijie Member
    edited May 2017
    @Amelsfort   here an example how you can do this in one flow:

IF movement AND time is after 18:00 hours AND question "Did you take out the trash? is yes THEN say "well done"  AND deactivate flow .... AND activate flow ....  after 361 minutes
    ELSE take out the trash AND deactivate flow .... AND activate flow .... after 361 minutes

[EDIT ] Nope is not working  :#  need indeed minimal 2 flows

• Pietje5Pietje5 Member
    quote: 
    • Added TV & Amplifier device classes 
    How do i have to see this?
  • JaapPeltJaapPelt Member
    edited May 2017
    glijie said:
    @Amelsfort   here an example how you can do this in one flow:
    Nope is not working  :#  need indeed minimal 2 flows

The optimum for Homey to aim for is not to have everything in one flow, but to group logic in a way so it is easy to understand. If-then-else is still easy to understand and easy to work with, so I'm very happy with this upgrade. 

Rather then further expending the complexity of flows, I would propose to add an "advanced logic" mode which fits in between the huis-tuin-en-keuken flow editor and creating your own apps. Blocky  might be very nice as an advanced logic tool.  

Edit: Coincidentally, I noticed the forum post about the tips & tricks magazine where Homey and Blocky (used in domoticz) were mentioned in the same article. I might have known unconsciously that domoticz uses Blocky, to credit to Domoticz for the idea.  
  • /api/manager/microcontroller/record/

geeft nu als antwoord: endpoint_moved_to_rf_manager

wat is de nieuwe URL dan precies?

• PandaPanda Member
    Since 1.3 I get the error "Ik kon geen tv vinden om aan te zetten" when activating my flow "TV aan" after this error my flow runs and turn on the TV activity using Harmony Hub.

This probally has to do with "Added TV & Amplifier device classes", is there a workaround to remove this error.
  • glijieglijie Member
    Panda said:
    Since 1.3 I get the error "Ik kon geen tv vinden om aan te zetten" when activating my flow "TV aan" after this error my flow runs and turn on the TV activity using Harmony Hub.

This probally has to do with "Added TV & Amplifier device classes", is there a workaround to remove this error.
    Here the same ... more and more words are having a conflict with my flows which where just working fine in the past.
    @Athom has even the word Next "volgende" as a build in one.
    Not verry handy when you want to know your next appointment  and Homey starts nagging about that something went wrong with the next number of music and then starts telling my  next appointment.

I have to look more and more for other words / sentences to start my own flows without homey saying stuff because build in words.
    Some sentences aren't in normal dutch anymore that it starts to become so funny to speak to homey that even Homey starts Laughing at me!  And i don't think i'm funny.

• MarcelMol said:
    /api/manager/microcontroller/record/

geeft nu als antwoord: endpoint_moved_to_rf_manager

wat is de nieuwe URL dan precies?

never mind. found out  /api/manager/rf/record/ does the thing now

• Panda said:

I would strongly suggest Athom to implement a function in the system /  stuff for geeks or so to disable _all_ default triggers
  • Erwin75Erwin75 Member
    That wild be great..... disable all default triggers 
  • djeskodjesko Member
    Must say that 1.3.0 RC7 works great , fast zwave and good respons.

• No issues here, love the updated flows-menu. Finally i can organize my flows properly.
  • Loading insights takes a long time, but most of the time Homey disconnect and can't access Homey for at least 10 min.
    Also opening insight templates and flows is need to right click and open instead of a left click. (thought that was still possible or is that disabled?)
  • casedacaseda Member
    @Wimstradamus
    with a mouse you can also double click the flows to open them, just like you do on any normal computer when something is on your desktop
  • cautjecautje Member
    Hi, speech seems to be even worse in 1.3
    I use this as an speech test, is this setup ok?
    THX!!!

• What is a 'dobbelsteel'? 
  • rtnartna Member
    djesko said:
    Must say that 1.3.0 RC7 works great , fast zwave and good respons.

I am also very satisfied with this update. Zwave is much faster and more reliable. No more zwave issues after reboot. Better flow management and overall more stability.
This discussion has been closed.