This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Homey version 1.2 experimental!

1235»

Comments

• Really nice update.. However, I was really hoping for an 'or/else' function for the 'trigger/if' part! :(

Do you guys think that this will also come soon?? 

Also, some cards can be used only in the if part and not in the and part.. Really stupid in my opinion. 
    The problem with this (as Emile has once said on Github I believe) is the following:

Assume you have this flow:

IF:
    Someone comes home: {user}

THEN:
    Say "Good morning, {user}"

This of course works nicely.
    Now look at this flow:

IF:
    Someone comes home: {user}
    OR: The sun rises: {time}

THEN:
    Say "Good morning, {user}"

Now if nobody comes home, but the sun rises, Homey will try to say "Good morning, ERROR", as there is no {user} field in the complete flow.

This is annoying from a developer's point of view, to say the least.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited May 2017
    well, you can add another AND card with "if someone is home" in the sun rise trigger flow

and if there is no AND card then there probably is a global token for it. and you can use the logic card
  • Homey 1.3.0 is in Experimental channel right? I'm not able to find a new update on my system! :S
  • Homey 1.3.0 is in Experimental channel right? I'm not able to find a new update on my system! :S
    No, it's in developer preview and they are still fixing zwave issues. May take some more time to hit experimental.
  • Aaaaah Allright. How are the results so far? 
  • See post above you, else is coming in 1.3 but or is coming later :) Wich cards do you mean can only be used in the IF part, Athom cards or app cards? If it's app card you can also contact the developer of the app or submit issue on Github for Athom what you are missing.
  • sossienlsossienl Member
    edited May 2017

1.3.0-rc.7 just made available for experimental channel 

New thread: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/3203/homey-1-3-experimental#latest
This discussion has been closed.