This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Bang&Olufsen IR support

Will Homey also support the Bang&Olufsen IR Frequency (455 kHz)?

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Nope, sorry, that would require dedicated hardware, which in turn would disable all other IR possibilities.
  • Is there any other way to control my B&O system via Homey? Currently using the Logitech Harmony to control it.
  • Maybe Global Caché iTach?
  • DenWDenW Member
    Hi,
    IRTrans has some devices that can send IR codes for B&O. Check out:
    http://www.irtrans.de/en/technicalinfo/matrix.php

Now it's just a matter of Homey supporting IRTrans.. :)
  • Interesting, it's a big deal for me.
  • DenWDenW Member
    As I understand it, the Translator models allow you to send and receive both normal and B&O IR codes. You can program the Translator device to translate the normal IR code (sent for instance with Homey or any generic remote control) to another B&O IR code, which in turn controls your B&O device. This should also work the other way around..
    But I don't have any experience with B&O, so for further questions please contact IRTrans.
  • I have an IRTrans module laying around somewhere that I once programmed to translate standard IR signals to 455Khz. I haven't used it in a long time because my BV11 controls all connected devices. But I plan to reprogram it to translate IR signals from Homey to, for example, lower the B&O systems volume in case of a relevant event or in combination with Plex control. I'm pretty convinced that it'll work.

• Also hope to use it to control Homey using the beo4 and beo5

• MariusBrandMariusBrand Member
    edited September 2015

Peter,

Please let us know if it works.

Marius

• Is there any update on this?
    I would really like to integrate my B&O tv.
  • Is it possible for B&O to add it to e.g. a KaKu socket or Fibaro wall plug? Then you can turn this on/off and that turns on/of the TV. I use this for my own TV. Only thing is that you can't control the volume, programm etc... :(
  • I have done some experiments with the IRTrans module and it worked.

For the test setup I programmed the IRTrans module with a few Beo4 IR codes and some IR codes from a Philips TV Remote.

I then learned the Philips IR codes to Homey and created a few flows that use these IR codes (receiving and sending)

When Homey sends the Philips IR codes they are translated by the IRTrans module into Beo4 codes and when I use the Beo4 the IRTrans module translates them to the Philips codes and sends them to Homey.

So technically this all works as expected.

FYI, After testing I stopped using it because it is a lot of work to configure it all and at that time the IR handling of Homey was rather poor.