This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[UPDATED V0.0.5]Pushbullet Notifications

2»

Comments

• keverjeroenkeverjeroen Member
    edited December 2016
    Panda said:
    try a homey reboot, without login off from the pushbullet settings page.
    Did that too, still no luck...

Pushbullet website says that the Homey app is connected (settings -> Connected apps), but I don't see Homey under 'Devices'. In de Flow in Homey I can see my devices, that are connected with Pushbullet (Laptop, phone). But non of the flows work.. Going to delete / reinstall the app in Homey now..
  • keverjeroenkeverjeroen Member
    edited December 2016
    Logged off in de Pushbullet app in Homey, Removed the app on PB website, Removed the PB app from Homey, restarted Homey, reinstalled PB app, loged in on PB website in an other tab, logged in in de BP app in Homey, created new flow... Still not working. Can't send anything from Homey.

The other way around does work. I See Homey as a device on the PB website. I can send a message to Homey and use it as trigger.

Could it be that there is a maximum, a connected app (like Homey), could send to Pushbullet? Last weeks Homey has send a lot to PB, could that be the problem?

-EDIT- Found this: http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/07/27/pushbullet-will-limit-api-based-pushes-500-per-month-free-accounts-starting-august-1/ I guess that's the problem. I have to wait a couple of days, until january... Maybe you can add this information to the readme of the app?
  • Hi @keverjeroen I think this could be indeed the issue. I can't add the info to the readme right away because this requires a update of the app in the app store, as of yet there is no way to change this readme without pushing a update for aproval.
  • Hi 

Does someone has Push Notifications (using an app or maybe native) on iPhone working including sending an image in the Notification? Pushbutton seems not to work with iPhone at this moment, any other app someone uses? If sending a mail to a special address will create an iPhone push notification, that also would be perfect.

• jorden said:
    How much work would it be to build in the ability to send a JPG picture through your app? I would love to extend my https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/19350 Synology Surveillance Station app with new abilities to send out snapshots :)
    (Already discussed it with Athom about sending them to the 'official' Homey app, but that is not yet supported)

@Panda said:
    @jorden It should be possible, Pushbullet API provides a way to upload a file. You first need to do a upload-file request, then it will return a response with the URL that can be used to send as a notification and a URL to upload the file to with a POST command.

But we need to figure out how Pushbullet knows where the file is located your app generates.
    jorden said:
    Currently, I have the file base64-encoded in javascript. So I can possibly just push it with a command:
    new Buffer(data.data.imageData, 'base64')
    That is, ofcourse, if they allow that :) if I need to provide an URL or file path that will probably not work.

@Panda Did this functionality ever make it's way into the pushbullet app? I'm extending the Doorbird app (a doorcam) with a snapshot token which holds a base64 encoded image created on the trigger when someone rings the doorbell or motion is detected. I'm in contact with Jorden to integrate it into the Telegram Bot app so a snapshot can be send on doorbell or motion triggers but it would be great if more notification apps could pick up these kind of tokens and send them as image notifications.

• PandaPanda Member
    @Phuturist Currently have some free time to spend on Homey, will need to refresh my node knowledge, because it has been a long time I coded anything for Homey. 

Will first try to implement the Synology app into the Pushbullet app (and Pushover, PushAlot, PushSafer) and will later contact you when I got this working to try and implement your app.
  • Panda said:
    @Phuturist Currently have some free time to spend on Homey, will need to refresh my node knowledge, because it has been a long time I coded anything for Homey. 

Will first try to implement the Synology app into the Pushbullet app (and Pushover, PushAlot, PushSafer) and will later contact you when I got this working to try and implement your app.
    That would be great. Both Synology and Doorbird app work in the same way. Implement one and you will implement the other. See the telegram bot app for a working implementation.
  • PandaPanda Member
    @Phuturist Which node library did you use to encode the image? Pushbullet doesn't support base64 encoded image tokens so I probally need to decode your token into a image and save it under /userdata/ then do a upload file request to the Pushbullet API to send the image.
  • I use fs to write and then read the snapshot to userdata and toString for encoding this base64. Example code below.

fs.readFile('/userdata/snapshot.jpg', function(err, buf) {                        callback(false, buf.toString('base64'));                    });
    See function createSnapshot(): https://github.com/jghaanstra/com.doorbird/blob/master/lib/utils.js

You can use fs to write a base64 string to an image as well. See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6926016/nodejs-saving-a-base64-encoded-image-to-disk.
  • PandaPanda Member
    edited May 2017
    Thanks @Phuturist  got it working. I'm now able to get a base64 token from image grabber for example, decode it and save the file and sent it using Pushbullet.

Is this all you need for your doorbell app to send using Pushbullet?

@jorden
    In the Telegram app I see that it first requests all the cams on the Synology before it request a snapshot, don't know yet how I could implement this for Pushbullet.
  • Panda said:
    Thanks @Phuturist  got it working. I'm now able to get a base64 token from image grabber for example, decode it and save the file and sent it using Pushbullet.

Is this all you need for your doorbell app to send using Pushbullet?
    Yup, of it works with the image grabber it also works with the Doorbird app. Thanx for your effort! :+1:
  • PandaPanda Member
    @Phuturist Oke cool, just submitted V.0.0.5 
  • How would you go about sending the Homey notifications to multiple accounts? Is it possible at the moment?
  • PandaPanda Member
    How would you go about sending the Homey notifications to multiple accounts? Is it possible at the moment?
    If you mean seperate Pushbullet accounts, this won't be possible, because Homey uses OAuth2 protocol to sign in to a single Pushbullet account. Sending a push notification to multiple is however possible by using more flow cards.
  • Panda said:
    @Phuturist Oke cool, just submitted V.0.0.5 
    Nice one, thanks!
  • PandaPanda Member
    App is already aproved, enjoy.
  • edited June 2017
    I have installed pushbullet on my laptop, my iPhone and homey, when i make a flow in Homey and want a message sent i make a flow with notificatie naar apparaat, i am unable to select my iPhone or laptop, no apparaat found it says.
    how do i get this to work in the right way ?

flow is:

(if) time is 20.00 pm  -  (and)  - then turn on light & send notificatie naar apparaat

i get to see:

only i can't see chrome or iPhone so as seen in above picture, it seems that pushbullet on homey doesn't know it's also installed on laptop and iPhone, in the website from pushbullet i do see that my laptop, iPhone and homey are installed.....
  • How do I do to push pictures?