This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

What is possible? Should i buy Homey?

2»

Comments

• One other point! What is possible with Sonos? Can I only control volume, play, pause or is it possible to play playlist, radio or maybe airplay?
  • For now only volume, play, and pause. Next update (expect it in 2-3 weeks max), playlist, airplay, and radio will all be added. Next to this, in the next update, Homey Media will come. This allows you to stream a playlist of mixed source (think a mix of Spotify, Youtube, and SoundCloud) to a specific device (including Sonos).
  • Sounds good, please add deezer too :)
  • SommoSommo Member
    No dont do that mistake (an answer for the topic)
  • Sommo said:
    No dont do that mistake (an answer for the topic)
    To late! I have homey since 3 months. With a pi (openhab2, ifttt, HomeKit & alexa) is it ok for me. 
  • SommoSommo Member
    So u use homebridge to control homey via ifttt?
  • No all automatic stuff is working with homey and some parts with openhab (harmony, max!, Sonos). For speech I am using Alexa/HomeKit over openhab. Here I am using the http binding for a switch, which I use with the http request card to start/stop my flow. That means I can control my hue,lifx devices and some of my z-Wave devices with Siri and alexa. But for many things I build one room switch( a group of all lights and the Sonos speaker in one room). Because often it makes no sense to switch single lamps on or of. I have an command (switch) for "all" to say to Siri/Alexa "schalte alles aus" "switch all off". Works very good. 
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited April 2017
    It's kind of sad that you still need so many other Home Automation devices/hubs to get an environment where Homey is useful. Wasn't Homey supposed to be the one go-to device for all connectivity? Mission failed, I guess...
  • Bumblez said:
    It's kind of sad that you still need so many other Home Automation devices/hubs to get an environment where Homey is useful. Wasn't Homey supposed to be the one go-to device for all connectivity? Mission failed, I guess...
    That's true. I don't know how good the z-wave part in openhab is but since v2 is stable i love it. 
  • Bumblez said:
    I disagree.
    Nobody doubts that if you connect and assemble a bunch of specialty devices yourself, the result can surpass homey. But Homey is still the best and most complete all in one connectivity device you can buy as a consumer today.
    There are however better voice recognition devices out there. That is why Homey is working on directly integrating with those as well.