This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Heos by Denon support

BasPostBasPost Member
edited April 2015 in Questions & Help
I want to buy a complete HEOS setup for my home (No Sonos for me! I really like and want to use Spotify Connect and USB and aux-in support for ALL speakers) Will there be support by Homey for it? Or possible by an app for Homey?
thanks!

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    I'm not sure, to be honest. I can't seem to find any information about their 'openness'. It's definitely possible, but will take a lot of time, and I'm not sure how many people use it.
  • I would also like to buy a denon system. As they also making a heos soundbar.

I found this pdf about heos with a lot of json commands:
    eurostar-ostrava.cz/files/01.2015_HEOS---CLI_PROTOCOL_V01.pdf

I also found that denon has a free api documentation for home automation companies. Maybe you can request the official api documentation?

if not done already..

• Is there any update on this? I'm doubting between buying HEOS or SONOS. HEOS seems to be the better choice, but I want tot be sure if it will be supported by Homey..

• BasPostBasPost Member
    edited June 2015

MartijnHarte said:
    Is there any update on this? I'm doubting between buying HEOS or SONOS. HEOS seems to be the better choice, but I want tot be sure if it will be supported by Homey..

I'm still waiting also to buy a multiroom audio system.
    I prefer HEOS over Sonos, but would like to know if Homey can support it, otherwise we have to wait till Homey comes out and make a HEOS app together.

PS in combination with Spotify Connect (which is also uncertain if Homey can support it)

it would be definetly a killer combo

• Any news about the connection options between the Homey and Heos by Denon speakers?

I just bought a Homey and have a Heos by Denon soundbar at home. It would be great to connect those 2 together. 
  • Heos app is available now, but i can't add a Heos 1 to Homey yet. When adding device, it says no new devices found!
    Is someone able to add  Heos devices? 
  • Still not able to add these devices. Denon Heos app not working yet?
  • even after update to 1.2.0 firmware Denon Heos 1 devices still not found <span>:-1:</span>
  • it will be supported in a different way pretty soon (upnp) the upnp is in development as we speak, so only an app based on that core is needed to be created. (or the original app changed to that way)

it already works with upnp core devices, if you don't mind to not have any special options and/or fancy icons, then you can always try that already