This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Vision security alarm gets triggered when turning on lights

I have recently bought a DC powered Vision Security Alarm. I have been pretty happy with it till recently. Today I do not know why but I said "OK Homey Turn on lights" this have triggered my alarm. Is there any way to ensure that homey does not detect or considers it as a light device. It does have strobe functionality. I have also tried disabling strobe feature, but that does not help. Ideas anybody??? I am pretty new to homey and zwave. I have been previously using raspberry pi with pilight and kaku switches.

Comments

• anneanne Member
    Yep! I have noticed this as well (104 dB is hard to ignore :| ). 

It does this because the device class is 'light' (in the app.json file). It should probably be changed to 'other'. I looked into this the other day but haven't tested it yet. It involves removing and adding the device back, you may have noticed the tamper alarm is very effective...  ;)
  • The class in the app is probably set to light in stead  of security.   I will change this tomorrow, but I hope Serge Regoor (app "owner")  is still active on here. He is the one that has to commit the app to Athom. 

@Annemarie
    Serge did not respond on a mail I sent in januari, what if He's not active on here at all anymore? 
  • @Annemarie

I actually sent a pull request the 2nd of January, to add my Garage door sensor.. That hasnt been processed either.
    https://github.com/SergeRegoor/com.visionsecurity/pulls

Any chance I get to commit the app to athom? (I am familiar with it because of the Secure/Horstmann app)
  • Thanks @Priknr1 and @anne indeed. I am getting the hang of the app and development. Learning node.js to get all my needs. If the pull request is not accepted, I might just create a PR as well for this and in the meantime install the app directly and remove the one from app store.
  • Would be great if the app gets new life, i have some Vision door sensors ZD2102-5 ;)

http://www.visionsecurity.com.tw/index.php?option=product&lang=en&task=pageinfo&id=42&belongid=135&index=0

• Just created a PR replaced the category from light to other.
  • Priknr1Priknr1 Member
    edited April 2017
    @likhan_s
    Yeah I am guessing your PR will stay there as it is, same as mine from January.

Does anyone know who to contact at Athom to get some wheels in motion>?
  • anneanne Member
    Maybe you can catch @Annemarie on slack? I guess it's time for Athom to come up with (or publish) a procedure for cases like this.
  • Priknr1Priknr1 Member
    I became owner of the Vision Security app. I updated it to Version 1.2.0  Now the Garagedoor sensor is supported, and the siren should no longer go off with the lights.

for any other inquieries please use the Vision Security app thread
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/3164/app-vision-security#latest

• In the case of most CCTV systems or night time detection, false triggers are frequent with increased noise in the image. It is prevalent in the case of outside or larger areas rather than enclosed indoor areas. 
    I would suggest you change image settings such as contrast and brightness to reduce false triggers but it may make your daytime images washed out.
    I once tried masking out large areas of the frame, which was a failure. Retail security services advised me to increase level ambient IR light. This is achieved by mounting a separate Infra Red Illuminator. It ensures clarity and reduces false triggers by reducing noise in the image. It provides a further field of vision.
    Some high-end setups come with separate IR Illumination.
    The level of sensitivity can be adjusted, but certain natural events still cause an alert like the sun going in and out quickly. Extreme weather at night or day (heavy rain, strong winds, lightning) can trigger motion detection events.
    Wireless cameras are prone to interference and thus motion detection can be problematic. Thus better to use wired ones for motion detectors.
  • Priknr1Priknr1 Member
    In the case of most CCTV systems or night time detection, false triggers are frequent with increased noise in the image. It is prevalent in the case of outside or larger areas rather than enclosed indoor areas. 
    I would suggest you change image settings such as contrast and brightness to reduce false triggers but it may make your daytime images washed out.
    I once tried masking out large areas of the frame, which was a failure. Retail security services advised me to increase level ambient IR light. This is achieved by mounting a separate Infra Red Illuminator. It ensures clarity and reduces false triggers by reducing noise in the image. It provides a further field of vision.
    Some high-end setups come with separate IR Illumination.
    The level of sensitivity can be adjusted, but certain natural events still cause an alert like the sun going in and out quickly. Extreme weather at night or day (heavy rain, strong winds, lightning) can trigger motion detection events.
    Wireless cameras are prone to interference and thus motion detection can be problematic. Thus better to use wired ones for motion detectors.
    This has absolutely nothing to do with this app, or this problem.

Besides that, If you read the last post, the problem should already be resolved ;)
    It would have saved you a lot of typing ;)