This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official Z-Wave CommunityApp

[APP Z-Wave] NEO Coolcam Z-Wave devices - Main discussion topic

Comments

• More devices will build a stronger mesh. My advice is to add the devices at their intended position (and move Homey temporarily to that location)... a bit more cumbersome but during initiation the device will discover the nodes around him and build it's route (including direct line to Homey).

I'm not able to do a direct comparison, but common feedback here is that the range is equal to the Fibaro's
    I agree with the above. Moving homey around is indeed cumbersome especially for Z-wave detection / building the mesh. Every time homey gets unplugged it has to boot up again and I think it needs to rebuild/heal the mesh? Not sure, but I guess.

As an alternative I was thinking, why not give homey a sort of UPS... This way homey can be carried around and does not have to be restarted. I guess everyone has some kind of powerbank lying around? Would this work?  I did not test yet, no idea how much power homey needs.

Other thoughts? Suggestions?
  • Ups. You can use you're old Pokémon go powerbank you used when hunting. Just use a split USB cable if you're powerbank uses just 1 USB for charging and usage
  • Sorry dat deze post even in het Nederlands is (My english is not so good ).   

Ik heb een NEO Touch Switch en Die werkt nog niet goed met homey 

als ik met neo schakel wordt de status niet geüpdate in homey. 
    Wel komen er regels in de zwave log bij.  (zie Hieronder)

[2017-03-26T21:06:59.276Z] Node[18]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL, data: 0x0d01002503ff
    [2017-03-26T21:06:59.295Z] Node[18]: Decapsulated frame from COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL to COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY, data 0x03ff
    [2017-03-26T21:07:01.192Z] Node[18]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL, data: 0x0d0100250300
    [2017-03-26T21:07:01.209Z] Node[18]: Decapsulated frame from COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL to COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY, data 0x0300
    [2017-03-26T21:07:02.144Z] Node[18]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL, data: 0x0d0200250300
    [2017-03-26T21:07:02.166Z] Node[18]: Decapsulated frame from COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL to COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY, data 0x0300

Als ik schakel met homey Gebeurt er niks(Niet schakelen en niks in de log) De status in homey schiet meteen op ''UIT''.  en er komen geen regels in de zwave log 

Het enige wat werkt zijn de ''Settings".  ik kan in homey o.a. De backlight verlichting aanpassen Dat werkt wel 

Iemand meer deze problemen ??  
  • mruiter said:
    Ups. You can use you're old Pokémon go powerbank you used when hunting. Just use a split USB cable if you're powerbank uses just 1 USB for charging and usage
    Good advise, I bought myself a nice new white power-bank to keep in style with homey. Unfortunately you are right, I do need a Y-cable to get sufficient power.
    The bad part is I cannot find a "white" version anywhere..... Already done a lot of searching.

Does Anyone know a store where they sell white Y-cables 1x USB-A female, 2x USB-A male?
  • lourenslourens Member
    edited March 2017

Thanks for your great work!. I can confirm Neo Touch Switch is not working. In homey it shows as 3 devices. 1 is Neo Touch switch, other two are both named right switch. How can I help? Switch is not responding.
    (double post already reported but as comment in appstore but here I can upload pictures)

Lourens
    neo.JPG 18.6K
  • lourens said:

Thanks for your great work!. I can confirm Neo Touch Switch is not working. In homey it shows as 3 devices. 1 is Neo Touch switch, other two are both named right switch. How can I help? Switch is not responding.
    (double post already reported but as comment in appstore but here I can upload pictures)

Lourens
    Double posted allready answered here:
    https://apps.athom.com/app/com.neo

• lourens said:

Lourens
    @lourens as @m-ruiter indicated in the app store comments, I working on the driver update.
    Thanks to @CliffBroeren, who provided me his touch switch, I was able to find and solve the issue. Over the weekend, I will finalize the update, including reduction to two devices and action card to disable the LED by a flow.
  • lourens said:

Lourens
    @lourens as @m-ruiter indicated in the app store comments, I working on the driver update.
    Thanks to @CliffBroeren, who provided me his touch switch, I was able to find and solve the issue. Over the weekend, I will finalize the update, including reduction to two devices and action card to disable the LED by a flow.
    Hi Ted,

I am noticing that the switch has very poor Z-wave range and is not becoming a part of the mesh. Would that be solved in your new driver or do I have a defective switch?
  • lourens said:
    lourens said:

Lourens
    Hi Ted,

I am noticing that the switch has very poor Z-wave range and is not becoming a part of the mesh. Would that be solved in your new driver or do I have a defective switch?
    @lourens the app or driver are not able to influence the Z-wave range / mesh; this is handled within Homey's core and the Z-wave chip (black box for us).

Range is typically determined by the position and distance of the device wrt Homey, the structure of the house, contributing (other Z-wave) devices that are able to route (e.g. not battery powered) and disturbing devices (broadcasting at a similar frequency)... Can you provide more info on your setup?
  • Today I received a 'Neo Light Switch' (Neo Touch Switch). The switch came without a manual; how do I include it to Homey?

Thanks!

• JBSJBS Member
    edited April 2017
    Eternity said:
    Today I received a 'Neo Light Switch' (Neo Touch Switch). The switch came without a manual; how do I include it to Homey?

Thanks!

Add a new device and choose the touch switch and follow the instructions (pressing the left button quickly).

• He he... that I can do :-)

Thanks @JBS

• TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited April 2017
    Eternity said:
    Today I received a 'Neo Light Switch' (Neo Touch Switch). The switch came without a manual; how do I include it to Homey?

Thanks!

@Eternity in the current app-store release of the Neo app, the Neo touch switch will not work.

The Github repository has already been updated (updated driver, app and icons for the Neo touch switch): https://github.com/mruiter/com.neo
    It also includes the action card to enable or disable the led of the switch.

Tested the driver and app to be ok with using the Touch Switch of @CliffBroeren

Will bug @m-ruiter to test the Siren update and push it through the app store
  • lourenslourens Member
    edited April 2017
     I have troubles with my NEO toch switch. Does any other owner notices that is is not connecting to other powered devices? I have 2 wall plugs less then to 2 metres away and they are not forming a mesh (and my touch switch is out of range from homey)

Lourens
  • I still have to install mine. Can't help at the moment 
  • Since I had some serious range problems with the powerplug I owned I got the advice to add some more zwave devices. So I ordered two more powerplugs at Gearbest. They were delivered but with a 50 euro customs fee (including a DHL ripoff share). So now.... I have 3 plugs for a grand total of 170 euros :-D. Anyway... from the two extra devices, one won't pair... It flashes lights but a yellow one 5 times instead of the blue/red. So it doesn't work at all. I tried to reset the device but no succes. I also can't find an explenation for the 5 yellow led signals. So that makes 170 euros for two devices. Since returning to gearbest is very unreliable I take my loss.

But then, I'm dying to get the two devices to work properly. I have relocated Homey so it can clearly 'see' both devices. The first is 3 meters away, and works 80% of the time. But the second which is 5 meters away and in a direct lineup with the first device is only working about 10% of the time. So worthless. What can this be? I'm trying to understand what's happening, because if it sometimes works, the range is working at that moment. Homey is replaced outside of speakers, tv's etc and is sitting completely clear. Both plugs won't report more then on or off. So no load, currency etc. Both were paired with the 'other device' selected as connected to the plug. 

Also I notice that in the zwave chart the decives aren't connected with a line as does the fibaro motion sensor does and they aren't connected in between. In other examples of users here I see perfectly connected webs... 

• lourenslourens Member
    edited April 2017
    Since I had some serious range problems with the powerplug I owned I got the advice to add some more zwave devices. So I ordered two more powerplugs at Gearbest. They were delivered but with a 50 euro customs fee (including a DHL ripoff share). So now.... I have 3 plugs for a grand total of 170 euros :-D. Anyway... from the two extra devices, one won't pair... It flashes lights but a yellow one 5 times instead of the blue/red. So it doesn't work at all. I tried to reset the device but no succes. I also can't find an explenation for the 5 yellow led signals. So that makes 170 euros for two devices. Since returning to gearbest is very unreliable I take my loss.

But then, I'm dying to get the two devices to work properly. I have relocated Homey so it can clearly 'see' both devices. The first is 3 meters away, and works 80% of the time. But the second which is 5 meters away and in a direct lineup with the first device is only working about 10% of the time. So worthless. What can this be? I'm trying to understand what's happening, because if it sometimes works, the range is working at that moment. Homey is replaced outside of speakers, tv's etc and is sitting completely clear. Both plugs won't report more then on or off. So no load, currency etc. Both were paired with the 'other device' selected as connected to the plug. 

Also I notice that in the zwave chart the decives aren't connected with a line as does the fibaro motion sensor does and they aren't connected in between. In other examples of users here I see perfectly connected webs... 

My problem was solved  by resetting a device, thanks to Ted Tolboom and Cliff Broeren!
  • @jimmy_zeropm let's see... 

First the meaning of the LED lights:

So the LED blinking yellow would mean that it is being added to the Z-wave network.

What you could try is to do the following:
    1. remove the devices (power plugs) from Homey,
    2. reset the devices after they have been removed from Homey:

3. install the first plug (closest to Homey) it at the intended location
    4. disconnect Homey and move it to that location and turn on Homey again
    5. pair the device with Homey again (and repeat as of 3 for the remain devices)
  • Since the new app version 1.1.19 or 1.1.20 my NEO siren does not react anymore to flows. When directly activated via devices it makes a lot of noise as it should, but in flows is stays silent...

I tried to remove the device from Z-wave and add it again. I got a new node# so this worked. Adding this to a flow again, still no sound...

I'm using the card "Verander de alarm toestand" -> Alarm luiden.

In earlier app versions it worked perfectly. I only noticed this recently since my alarm does not go off to frequently :)
  • @TedTolboom I'm still not able to add the third socket. I can reset the device, but it still flashes yellow after the triple button is pressed instead of blue/red. Only after a reset to factory settings the plug flashes the blue/red combination but it isn't descovered by Homey. The other two devices though, looks like working more reliable from day to day. Without altering anything. But for those two there is no more data then on/off and, when pressed manually the app or homey control center does not shift accordingly. 

I would like to create a flow that switches a socket but also does a control run if it actually switched by checking the current or voltage. If there is Homey may assume the socket switched and vice versa. But with no readings indicated that isn't possible I'm affraid...

• TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited April 2017
    RuudvB said:
    Since the new app version 1.1.19 or 1.1.20 my NEO siren does not react anymore to flows. When directly activated via devices it makes a lot of noise as it should, but in flows is stays silent...

I tried to remove the device from Z-wave and add it again. I got a new node# so this worked. Adding this to a flow again, still no sound...

I'm using the card "Verander de alarm toestand" -> Alarm luiden.

In earlier app versions it worked perfectly. I only noticed this recently since my alarm does not go off to frequently :)
    @RuudvB Issue has been found, corrected and tested (thanx to @lubbertkramer en @rocodamelshe) to be working ok.
    Will push the update to the app store, but don't expect it to be released during Easter.

For the impatient ones among us, the update is available at my Github repo and can be installed through the CLI

As bonus, I've added two additional action cards to be able to change the alarm and doorbell tune from within a flow. 
    See below screenshot made by @lubbertkramer during testing:

Changelog:
    v 1.1.21
    fixed:
    NAS-AB01ZE - Add action card for setting alarm or doorbell tune
    NAS-AB01ZE - Fixed alarm state action card
  • @TedTolboom , @lubbertkramer, @Rocodamelshe, you guys are truly amazing!!  
    In about 2 hours after me reporting the issue, you guys found the issue, created a fix and tested it.....

Great work!! I will wait patiently for the update :) Enjoy the Easter weekend.

• All credits go to Ted, Mesa just testing!
  • @TedTolboom I'm still not able to add the third socket. I can reset the device, but it still flashes yellow after the triple button is pressed instead of blue/red. Only after a reset to factory settings the plug flashes the blue/red combination but it isn't descovered by Homey. 
    This is correct behavior once you have resetted the device. 
    If you put the plug into the socket, it will blinck pink 5 times sending the node info.
    If you press the button, and the devices is free of associations, it should blinck yellow 5 times.

If you want to add the power plug to Homey, my advice would be to insert the power plug in the wall socket close to homey, open the 'add a Z-wave device' window showing 'put your device in learning mode and triple press the button to put it into learning mode.
    Putting the power plug into the wall socket will also send the node info (triggering the inclusion proces), but is not really reliable.
    The other two devices though, looks like working more reliable from day to day. Without altering anything. But for those two there is no more data then on/off and, when pressed manually the app or homey control center does not shift accordingly. 

I would like to create a flow that switches a socket but also does a control run if it actually switched by checking the current or voltage. If there is Homey may assume the socket switched and vice versa. But with no readings indicated that isn't possible I'm affraid...
    Devices working more reliable from day to day can be contributed to creating a mesh which takes some time.
    It should not be necessary to add a control mechanism; this is a build in feature of Z-wave... if a command is send, the device will send a acknowledgement of receipt, directly afterwards it will send an update of its state (onoff and power state)...

if it is not sending this report (Homey updating the state), there are multiple causes..
    - range too big / mesh unreliable > does it provide updates when Homey is at a closer distance?
    - something went wrong during inclusion > at what distance did you include the power plug? Did you include them as advised in the first section of this comment?
    - driver / app issue > would be an issue for multiple people (including myself)
  • Well, I've managed to add the third one succesfully. Somehow it worked in one attempt... But now all sockets aren't working anymore. They just don't react. Is this because of the mesh that is rebuilded? I will wait one day maybe that helps, it did last week. 

What still remains is the data of the four sockets that isn't coming thru. Watt, voltage etc.

My idea of the control run was becuase of the unreliable outcomes. I have an espresso machine that needs to warm up 40 minutes. Sometimes when I go home (ad hoc) from the office I'd like to switch it on in advance. So I thought, when homey sees no power change or watt levels, it should fire again, untill it works. 

Thanks for the great help here, and developing this app! I'm just trying to learn and appreciate all your work guys!

• @jimmy_zeropm do you only have the 4 power plugs or more devices connected to the Z-wave network of Homey?
    Can you check the Z-wave log (Settings > Z-wave > Stuf for geeks) and see if there is a node ID that is creating a large amount of traffic (lot of lines with the same node ID mentioned)?

Did you also do a reboot of Homey after including the devices?
  • @TedTolboom I have 3 plugs and one Fibaro motion sensor, which is working very good. I also see in the log that device 6 is creating traffic. That is (I think) because I've altered the update interval to 60. And is it correct that my motion sensor is visually connected in the network graph and the other devices are floating without a connected line?

Example;

[2017-04-15T19:59:31.975Z] Node[6]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02215400000000003d00000000
    [2017-04-15T19:59:32.972Z] Node[6]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02a1425876003d5878
    [2017-04-15T19:59:33.079Z] Node[6]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02a1425876003d5878
    [2017-04-15T19:59:33.971Z] Node[6]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02a14a0000003d0000
    [2017-04-15T19:59:34.027Z] Node[6]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02a14a0000003d0000
    [2017-04-15T20:00:23.757Z] Node[3]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY, data: 0x40
    [2017-04-15T20:00:23.759Z] Node[3]: sendData to COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY, params 0x80f5707cd56ea890fd
    [2017-04-15T20:00:23.761Z] Command start: sendData
    [2017-04-15T20:00:23.783Z] ProcessSendData[1685]: To node: 3 with data: 0x9880f5707cd56ea890fd and txOptions: ACK,AUTO_ROUTE,EXPLORE
    [2017-04-15T20:00:23.810Z] Command end: sendData
    [2017-04-15T20:00:23.837Z] Node[3]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY, data: 0x81da83b5ff746936de4088fdb63f79b689a19c18f53dff2e7eab769048
    [2017-04-15T20:00:23.860Z] Node[3]: Decapsulated frame from COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY to COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION, data 0x05000000ff07000108
    [2017-04-15T20:00:31.069Z] Node[6]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x022144000001f6003d000001f6
    [2017-04-15T20:00:31.152Z] Node[6]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x022144000001f6003d000001f6
    [2017-04-15T20:00:32.120Z] Node[6]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02215400000000003d00000000
    [2017-04-15T20:00:32.272Z] Node[6]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02215400000000003d00000000
    [2017-04-15T20:00:33.115Z] Node[6]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02a142589c003d5876
    [2017-04-15T20:00:33.972Z] Node[6]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02a14a0000003d0000
    [2017-04-15T20:00:59.686Z] Command start: getNetworkTopology
    [2017-04-15T20:00:59.686Z] Command start: getNetworkTopology
    [2017-04-15T20:01:00.046Z] Command end: getNetworkTopology
    [2017-04-15T20:01:30.985Z] Node[6]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x022144000001f6003d000001f6
    [2017-04-15T20:01:31.127Z] Node[6]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x022144000001f6003d000001f6
    [2017-04-15T20:01:32.104Z] Node[6]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02215400000000003d00000000
    [2017-04-15T20:01:32.290Z] Node[6]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02215400000000003d00000000
    [2017-04-15T20:01:32.561Z] Node[6]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02215400000000003d00000000
    [2017-04-15T20:01:32.657Z] Node[6]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02215400000000003d00000000
    [2017-04-15T20:01:33.064Z] Node[6]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02a1425846003d589c
    [2017-04-15T20:01:33.234Z] Node[6]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02a1425846003d589c
    [2017-04-15T20:01:34.101Z] Node[6]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02a14a0000003d0000
    [2017-04-15T20:01:34.175Z] Node[6]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02a14a0000003d0000
    [2017-04-15T20:01:34.214Z] Node[6]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02a14a0000003d0000
    [2017-04-15T20:02:31.096Z] Node[6]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x022144000001f6003d000001f6
    [2017-04-15T20:02:31.176Z] Node[6]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x022144000001f6003d000001f6
    [2017-04-15T20:02:31.246Z] Node[6]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x022144000001f6003d000001f6
    [2017-04-15T20:02:31.567Z] Node[6]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x022144000001f6003d000001f6
    [2017-04-15T20:02:32.136Z] Node[6]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02215400000000003d00000000
    [2017-04-15T20:02:32.245Z] Node[6]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02215400000000003d00000000
    [2017-04-15T20:02:33.154Z] Node[6]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02a1425865003d5846
    [2017-04-15T20:02:33.214Z] Node[6]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02a1425865003d5846
    [2017-04-15T20:02:33.294Z] Node[6]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02a1425865003d5846
    [2017-04-15T20:02:33.352Z] Node[6]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02a1425865003d5846
    [2017-04-15T20:02:33.513Z] Node[6]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02a1425865003d5846
    [2017-04-15T20:02:34.047Z] Node[6]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02a14a0000003d0000

• @TedTolboom I have 3 plugs and one Fibaro motion sensor, which is working very good. I also see in the log that device 6 is creating traffic. That is (I think) because I've altered the update interval to 60. And is it correct that my motion sensor is visually connected in the network graph and the other devices are floating without a connected line?
    For Node 6 it perfectly shows the right reporting... based on the update interval set 60
    The map is not updated in realtime... I also have a device floating / not connected, still it is providing the right reports / reacting to commands send by Homey.
  • JerpetJerpet Member
    edited April 2017
    Hi guys, At this moment I've got 3 z-wave devices connected to my homey. 1 Fibaro motion sensor is working pretty solid. The other two, a NEO door sensor and motion sensor, not so much.

The distance to homey is about 3 meters for the door sensor and 7 for the motion sensor. The problem is that a lot of the time the contact alarm and movement detection stay stuck on yes on the homeycards in te app. When this happens the devices won't be triggered by motion or opening the door.

As a result a lot of flows fail to be triggered. Anyone has an idea what could be the problem? I haven't changed the settings from the door sensor and changed the motion sensor to detect motion again after 5 seconds. I'm using homey version 1.1.9.

Thanks in advance.