This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Samsung Smart Home

Hi,

I've bought my new washingmachine from Samsung. This one has a function to use the Smart Home app. It has the possibility to let you know when the laundry is finished, when there's a problem, ...
I've looked further and there are more and more devices from Samsung that can be connect to this Smart Home app.
I've found the website for the API but I'm not a programmer. 
http://developer.samsung.com/smart-home
So my question is has somebody already made an app for this of is somebody willing to do this?

Comments

• I have requested access to the API from Samsung weeks ago but I did not get any response.
    Also have the washing machine so planning to make an app for that as soon as I get access
  • I have requested access to the API from Samsung weeks ago but I did not get any response.
    Also have the washing machine so planning to make an app for that as soon as I get access
    Great! Looking forward to it. If you need someone to test it ;-)
  • If someone gets a response from Samsung im willing to help with building the app. I have the Samsung addwash so I can help with that driver. I connected it via the IFTTT app, linked all its funcionalit via this app to homey, works great for a couple of weeks now!
  • Is there any update about a Samsung smart home app for homey? 
  • Samsung is not so good on their software part, if you ask me. I have looked into the system and it wasn't so easy back then. I have the same washing machine probably.

They have really big problems with their own smartphone app. It disconnects, doesn't remember me, accounts don't work anymore, and more stuff keeps on happening. Not a stable system at all.

I currently have connected the washing machine to IFTTT. I redirect it to a webhook I created with the Homey webhook.manager app, then send myself a Telegram message if the washing machine is finished. Works about 80% of the time. I blame Samsung for the other 20%