This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Zoneregeling

Hallo,

Ik wil thuis graag zoneregeling.
Nu zag ik dat de nest thermostaat ondersteund gaat worden.
Nu is mijn vraag.
Danfoss heeft zwave thermostaatknoppen
Zou het mogelijk zijn dat als ik die installeer
Ik per vertrek de temperatuur kan regelen.
Dus dat elke radiator knop de ketel aan kan sturen.

Dit moet toch mogelijk zijn?
Bijvoorbeeld:
Slaapkamer staat ingesteld op 15 graden.
Dat moment is het 10 graden daar
De radiatorknop registreerd dat en geeft via homey door aan de nest thermostaat dat de ketel moet gaan verwarmen.
Zodra de temp berijkt is dat de ketel weer uit gaat. En dit per vertrek.

Hoop dat dit kan omdat wij een houtkachel hebben.
En beneden altijd warm is en boven juist niet.

Comments

• Please post in English. I do exactly this with EvoHome from Honeywell, with 13 zones in my house. Wonderful! No more cold bedroom when I use the wood-fire-place in the livingroom, and such. I did research, and found EvoHome to be most proven, most robust and most independant from hobby-like tinkering and most independant from failures from extra systems, like a domotica controller.

• @Athomey If I'm not mistaken you have a stand alone system for zones?
    Can Homey connect to this system and read all the temperatures in all zones?

• Ok but will evohome be supported by homey?
    Than u have one app to control all.

• gerbenz said:
    Ok but will evohome be supported by homey?
    Than u have one app to control all.

+1
    I would like to know also
    I just installed a complete Evohome system for my home, I have the new Wifi Connected Evohome, So fare, we loving it.

• Last year I was at BrightDay and Honeywell was present as well. I was very interested in the system so talked to the guy there. He told me that there is no API or connection possible at the moment other than the IFTTT option. I asked him about Homey support and he showed me the business card of Stefan who just left 5 minutes before me :) So let's see what this brings...

• +1
    I would also like to know if Honeywel Evohome will talk to and with homey.
    @Stefan, did excanging business cards lead to something beautifull?

• I am also looking into this. One of the things I keep reading about, is the fact the Danfoss thermostatknobs can't report the current room temp. So the only way this will work is if you have a thermostat in each room coupled with the knob (as I currently see it). Not sure if Homey can be the middle-man here.

What I see with all solutions so far, is they try to solve an issue on their own without thinking about integration. I want Homey to be able to pre-heat my bathroom based on my alarm clock for example (30 minutes before I wake up). Or for example when Homey knows I am heading home, based on geo-fencing, heat the living room. Or when I am leaving... Well there are plenty of examples you can think about. A completely standalone system, however sophisticated, will never reach it's full potential without integration with a central controller. If feel let down by most of the semi-homeautomation companies for their lack of vision.

If anyone has a good suggestion on how to truly build an integrated (with homey) heating system, i'd love to hear their thoughts. Preferably with "local survivability". (that is, still have basic heating when Homey dies)

• Be aware homey is a home automation system is is not a building heating system. For this you neeed continues control. These use (PID) algorithms specific for this purpose based on Measurement, Setpoint and Output. What you may want to consider is timers, room and water temperatures ( e.g. by means of 1-wire and NEST) collected by your Homey and which from a flow will deliver one or more setpoints to the dedicated controllers

• lyslys
    edited December 2015

@hat I want to investigate is the "Benext heating control" than you can keep your thermostat and only need to buy the "eurotronic Z-wave radiator valves" for all the rooms they give back the tempature to Homey (Danfoss doesn't). I hope both of the producs are suported by Homey when it arrives. Than you can use the app, program's, motion sensor and geofencing of Homey so you don't need a Nest and have a modulating system what controles all the rooms in stead of On/Off system. @Woei and the great thing is without Homey your normal thermostat takes over.

• @Jacob, therefor it is better to use a specified system like Toon or something and let Homey change its settings like room setpoint. Then you use the best of both and are not dependant of Homey.

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

That's what I think as well. Thermostat control is really hard to do right, and it's not something we're currently interested in doing! We're much better at connecting devices and creating beautiful user experiences.

• Indeed thats the smart thing to do. Therefore is is important to give the possibility to integrate with the various pieces of equipment. Alarm systems, Access control, temperatures, levels, pressure, wind, rain, light, on/of etc. Let the "other guy's" do what they do best but provide the possibility to collect and present the data in a clear way and the means to send setpoints, arm/dis-arm, home/away, lock/unlock and all other possible buttons and remotes we have to use in an average household on a daily base via hard wired, bus systems, IR, RF and what not protocols. This is the challenge and opportunity Emile has understood reaching for his light switch while lying in bed. I love the concept he has delivered. In the Process Automation these (very expensive) system are called Distributed Control Systems but the most important it is is the Human Machine Interface. This is where we are confronted with our surroundings (house) and have the possibility to change and automate it using the equipment available on the market, We all know these systems are at best difficult to understand and configure and usually do not collect or present historical (trend) data.

• Exactly one of the reasons why I wanted a heating system which can operator zone-based, 100% independent, but DOES allow connectivity, so you can influence workings from the outside, or respond to heating-events. EvoHome provides this, or has talked about providing this in the future in ways I want it. That was enough for a choice for the coming years for a domotica demo-setup, and in my eyes for anyone wanting to use it privately.

• +1
    Danfoss and Honeywell both deliver zonebased control centers. Who can act independently from Homey or other domoticacenters.
    I favor the Danfoss Zwave radiator knobs. And like to install then with motion sensors in every room. So you can write scripts like "when movement and temp < 20 open valve in room"
    But the Honeywell Evohome system looks more mature.
    We'll see how Homey is going to support the standalone Control centers and wait pationly

This discussion has been closed.