This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[NEW - UPDATE] Enelogic and YouLess (v2.0.5)

gruijter_devgruijter_dev Member
edited July 2018 in Apps

Enelogic and YouLess

Homey app to integrate Enelogic P1 and YouLess LS110/LS120 energy meters. A direct connection over IP is used, so there is no dependency on the Enelogic cloud service.

Analogue Energy meter

The LS110/LS120 driver provides logs and flow cards for the following data:

• Actual power usage/production (W, 10s interval)
  • Totalized power meter (kWh, 10s updates)

S0 Energy meter

The LS120 S0 driver provides logs and flow cards for the following data:

• Actual power usage/production (W, 10s interval)
  • Totalized power meter (kWh, 10s updates)

P1 Energy and Gas meter

With the P1 connection on the LS120 or Enelogic you get the following extra's:

• All individual power meters (kWh, 10s updates)
  • Recent gas usage (m3, of the previous hour)
  • Gas meter (m3, 1 hour updates)
  • Tariff change (off-peak, true or false)

Ledring screensaver:

• See how much energy you are using or producing just by looking at your Homey!
  • Is the wash-dryer ready? Am I now producing power to the grid?

The power is totalized for consumed and produced power, during off-peak and peak hours. Production to the powergrid is displayed as negative watts. Only changed values are logged.

Experimental YouLess Watermeter

This experimental driver makes use of the optical sensor of the YouLess LS110 and LS120. It has successfully been tested on water meters from Vitens (type 1). Place the optical sensor on the rotating mirror. Exact positioning is required. See the detailed installation manual for further instructions.

The water meter driver provides logs and flow cards for the following data:

• Actual water flow (L/min, 60s average)
  • Water meter (m3)

The water meter driver can be installed additionally to the power meter driver. If you use the LS120 with P1 connection, you will get all electricity meters, the gas meter and the water meter simultaneously from one YouLess device! The water meter driver uses the raw reflectiveness of the optical sensor. It has to poll the YouLess 3x per second, which puts significant load on your Homey and your WiFi network, especially when water is being used (burst mode is then switched on). I'm working with YouLess to get them to support water meters in the firmware so that it takes off the load from Homey and the network, and also increases accuracy of the meter. But this has no priority with them since they believe there aren't enough users interested in water meter functionality.If you like the water meter, please help me convince YouLess by placing a comment below or in the forum.

Device setup in Homey

To setup go to "Devices", choose the correct driver. Use the LS120-P1 if you have a P1 connection to your smart meter. Otherwise choose the LS110/120-E driver Enter the fixed IP-address (preferred) or use the default url 'youless'. If you want to use the water meter you can simply add this as a second device and choose the LS110/120-W driver.

Donate:

If you like the app you can show your appreciation by posting it in the forum. If you really like the app you can buy me a beer.

Paypal donate

===============================================================================

Version changelog

v2.0.5  2018.07.08 Fix gas flow meter LS120. Password fix. Http optimizations.
v2.0.4  2018.03.17 Fix crash no gas meter Enelogic P1.
v2.0.3  2018.03.12 License info extended.
v2.0.2  2018.01.29 Minor fix.
v2.0.1  2018.01.19 Minor fixes, stable release.
v2.0.0  2018.01.13 Complete rewrite to sdk2. Password support added.
v1.1.2  2017.12.27 fix gas usage. Improved http handling. Ignore invalid readings from youless P1.
v1.1.1  2017.10.01 added S0 metering for youless fw 1.4.0, bug fixes, xml2js updated to v0.4.19
v1.0.0  2017.06.26 improved gas usage logging, bug fixes, added experimental water meter (using LS110/LS120 optical sensor)
v1.0.6  2017.05.28 small bug fix (error reading device). Code cleanup
v1.0.4  2017.04.19 Added polling interval setting
v1.0.3  2017.04.16 Compensate 0 production readings. JSON.parse bug fix
v1.0.2  2017.03.22 Added support for YouLess LS120 (P1)
v1.0.0  2017.02.18 Initial release

Comments

• @gldrenthe89 Thx for the generous donation!
  • @gldrenthe89 Thx for the generous donation!
    No problem. If i was trying to do it myself i would probably stil be working on it in 2018 
    Thanks for creating this
  • Just an idea that i came up with. Is there a way to create a trigger with the grand total of that day?
    for instance: I would love to be able to receive a e-mail with the grand total usage/producten of the day at 00:01 AM.

• @gldrenthe89 you could do this by adding the better logic app. It needs some variables setup, and a couple of flows (using the tags available in flowmanager), but I'm sure it's possible without any app development.
  • Nice!! I dont have a Smart meter jet, but when I get one I'm gonna buy Enelogic P1 energy meter!!
  • @gldrenthe89 you could do this by adding the better logic app. It needs some variables setup, and a couple of flows (using the tags available in flowmanager), but I'm sure it's possible without any app development.
    Thanks for the tip. i wil try it
  • 0burner0 said:
    Nice!! I dont have a Smart meter jet, but when I get one I'm gonna buy Enelogic P1 energy meter!!
    You can get the smart meter for about 70 euro's. Who is responsible for you're grid? I have Enexis and i paid 70 euros to get one
  • I was looking for a replacement for the Toon i used before, and this is a great solution for the power/gas metering. (Got a Nest for the thermostat part)
    Downloaded the version from Github, ordered a Enelogic P1 and got everything up and running within minutes.
    So thumbs up for this app, and a donation is posted.
  • @Banjer donation received, thx very much!

I must say that receiving donations is a great motivator for spending spare time on building and maintaining a Homey app. It is more rewarding than the 'feedback' I get in my daytime job. So again, thx for this very nice way of showing your appreciation <3
  • Thanks to your app, I ordered an Enelogic P1. Donation is on his way...
  • @Saygin Donation received. :) Awesome, thx!
  • @Saygin Donation received. :) Awesome, thx!
    Check ;-)
  • evadevad Member
    edited March 2017
    As of march 8 the enelogic reader is replaced with a youless reader. Hopefully this new reader will work with this app 

• @evad please let me know if this indeed works. I read something on the enelogic site that for youless devices a new 'enelogic' firmware is available, so that should then work with my app. But it is not very clear to me what the relation between youless and enelogic is.
  • evadevad Member
    edited March 2017
    @gruijter_dev.  It doesnt work. Fails to connect. The youless app functions but doesnt show much logging info 
  • To all: I have contacted Enelogic. They started delivering a new P1 device LS-120. With this device the interface protocol has changed, so this will not work with my Enelogic app right now. The LS-120 is still undergoing firmware changes, but once the firmware is final I will receive interface details. My plan is to integrate this new protocol also in the app (again, once I find the time. My efforts are non-commercial :) )

Enelogic informed me that they still have the Enelogic P1 device available for those who want to order a unit now that is compatible with the present version of my app.
  • gruijter_devgruijter_dev Member
    edited March 2017
    v1.0.2 is waiting approval in the app store. It adds support for the new YouLess LS-120 (P1). Get it from GitHub if you cannot wait for the appstore approval :) https://github.com/gruijter/com.gruijter.enelogic

The development of this new driver was made possible by the people from Enelogic who were kind enough to send me a device and give me technical support. If you want more information on the YouLess LS-120, see this site: https://enelogic.com/nl/prijzen/slimme-meter-live-uitlezen

• Hello All,

I'm new with Homey and the flows and have till now only experience with simple flows.
    Is it possible to activate a flow if the energy changed to ( for example from 400 watt too 1500 watt) for at least 5 seconds ?
    now I have a flow that is working on the coffe machine (difference min 1400 max 1600 watt) but sometimes also the fridge has this when he switch on for max 1 second. the coffee machine for more then 5 seconds.
    I would like to separate them with a kind of trigger timer.

• You would need two apps and some flows to do that. With 'better logic' and 'countdown' you should be able to make this work.
  • Hello,

Does  this app also log all the data so I look it back from a year ago?
  • Homey logs all data that it receives until the memory is full. I think a year is no problem. This app does not retreive the historic logs that are stored in the LS120 device. 
  • @evad If it is you who made a donation this afternoon, many thanks! 
  • You would need two apps and some flows to do that. With 'better logic' and 'countdown' you should be able to make this work.
    Hello Robin,
    because of my lack of skills, is it possible to show me some ideas.
    i tryed with better logic but dont know exactly how to implement this with countdown.
    With better logic i can get the trigger, but i dont know how to get the trigger for a couple of seconds long.
    many thanks in advance for any assistance
  • @Gerrit_E : If you really want to be sure it is the coffeemachine you should use an individual socket measuring device (zwave or a plugwise circle as I am doing myself). However it is possible to use the main P1 energy consumption as a good approximation as long as you do not have many appliances in your house that show similar power consumption. Anyhow, I made a simple flow that should do what you want even without having to use BL and/or countdown.

First make a flow like this:

Second, make a flow like this:

And you are good to go!

You might have to tweak the energy numbers and the delay time to get good results. Since the P1 energy is updated every 10 seconds it makes no sense to use 5 seconds as you initially suggested.
  • v1.0.3 is waiting approval in the appstore. It has some minor bugfixes for the YouLess LS-120
  • gruijter_devgruijter_dev Member
    edited April 2017
    v1.0.4 is pending approval in the appstore. It ads a setting for the polling interval for both the YouLess LS-120 and the Enelogic P1
  • v1.0.5 is pending approval in the appstore. It has a small bugfix for the YouLess LS-120 (error reading device)
  • v1.0.6 is pending approval. It has some internal code cleanup.